Run - the microsoft killer is coming!!!1



  • the microsoft killer



  • It looks like it's still pretty far away, I think we're okay.



  • @quamaretto said:

    It looks like it's still pretty far away, I think we're okay.

    Haha! Best response ever. :) 



  • So far away in fact that you can't read any of the text.

    When will posters here realize that it is best to also transcribe the text from the image into their post?  Or is this The Real WTF?

    Of course if I had a million dollars every time I heard that there was a Microsoft killer on the way, well, I'd have a few million dollars. 



  • As best I can tell...

    title: Google Gears (or something, not sure) Installer

    and the text is:

    Install Failed. Error code= 0x80004001



  • @quamaretto said:

    It looks like it's still pretty far away, I think we're okay.
    Haha!



  • @Fred Foobar said:

    As best I can tell...

    title: Google Gears (or something, not sure) Installer

    and the text is:

    Install Failed. Error code= 0x80004001

    Um, okayyyy....so the punchline is?



  • If you are going to use the thumbnail version of the image on that host, the least you could do is link it to the original.

    Obviously the better thing to do would be to post the original image. I doubt it would blow up our browsers.

    http://images6.pictiger.com/thumbs/d8/3e22356b35676d4ae7471572c23eaed8.th.jpg



  • @shadowman said:

    Um, okayyyy....so the punchline is?

     

    Gears is Google's new tookit to allow online webapps to be run offline. In other words, gmail and all their other apps can now in theory be run without an active net connection, kinda as if they were a "real" application on your pc, and not just something you get at with a browser.

     Looks like the OP is trying to point out the irony of a Microsoft Killer app behaving in a very Microsoft-y way.
     



  • @AbbydonKrafts said:

    If you are going to use the thumbnail version of the image on that host, the least you could do is link it to the original.

    Obviously the better thing to do would be to post the original image. I doubt it would blow up our browsers.

    http://images6.pictiger.com/thumbs/d8/3e22356b35676d4ae7471572c23eaed8.th.jpg

    I noticed that as well. I tried changing it to a couple different things but couldn't find the full-sized image...      



  • @rbowes said:

    @AbbydonKrafts said:

    If you are going to use the thumbnail version of the image on that host, the least you could do is link it to the original.

    Obviously the better thing to do would be to post the original image. I doubt it would blow up our browsers.

    http://images6.pictiger.com/thumbs/d8/3e22356b35676d4ae7471572c23eaed8.th.jpg

    I noticed that as well. I tried changing it to a couple different things but couldn't find the full-sized image...      

    And there are those of us at work that are prevented from pulling images from certain sites.

     With something this short, I think just typing the text under it could have served the purpose very well.



  • @MarcB said:

     

    Gears is Google's new tookit to allow online webapps to be run offline. In other words, gmail and all their other apps can now in theory be run without an active net connection, kinda as if they were a "real" application on your pc, and not just something you get at with a browser.

     Looks like the OP is trying to point out the irony of a Microsoft Killer app behaving in a very Microsoft-y way.
     

    Having a program quit with an error message is Microsoft-y?  A bit of a stretch, I think.




  • I'd rather my applications fail with error messages than without!



  • @shadowman said:

    @MarcB said:
     

    Gears is Google's new tookit to allow online webapps to be run offline. In other words, gmail and all their other apps can now in theory be run without an active net connection, kinda as if they were a "real" application on your pc, and not just something you get at with a browser.

     Looks like the OP is trying to point out the irony of a Microsoft Killer app behaving in a very Microsoft-y way.

    Having a program quit with an error message is Microsoft-y?  A bit of a stretch, I think.

    Nah, the WTFy part is when I looked up that error message. I thought that it might be an access denied message, but it's not. (That would be 0x80070005).

    What it ended up being?

    "Not implemented"

    Must be a really early beta, then...



  • Maybe the error is cause by the user being offline...

    /me gets hat and coat! 



  • @KattMan said:

    @rbowes said:

    @AbbydonKrafts said:

    If you are going to use the thumbnail version of the image on that host, the least you could do is link it to the original.

    Obviously the better thing to do would be to post the original image. I doubt it would blow up our browsers.

    http://images6.pictiger.com/thumbs/d8/3e22356b35676d4ae7471572c23eaed8.th.jpg

    I noticed that as well. I tried changing it to a couple different things but couldn't find the full-sized image...      

    And there are those of us at work that are prevented from pulling images from certain sites.

     With something this short, I think just typing the text under it could have served the purpose very well.


    http://images6.pictiger.com/images/d8/3e22356b35676d4ae7471572c23eaed8.jpg - obvious, I'm sure...


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.