Cast 128 encryption algorithm

• Anybody familiar with the inner workings.  Specifically, if you have an implementation with a different set of s-boxes, should the same key and input give you the same encrypted value?

• I'm not familiar with Cast 128, and I'm not 100% certain what you're asking, but one thing I do know is "s-boxes" in ciphers aren't just random they have been chosen for a specific reason and should [b]NOT[/b] be changed unless you happen to be a cryptography expert and probably not even then. :P

• @Ixpah said:

I'm not familiar with Cast 128, and I'm not 100% certain what you're asking, but one thing I do know is "s-boxes" in ciphers aren't just random they have been chosen for a specific reason and should [b]NOT[/b] be changed unless you happen to be a cryptography expert and probably not even then. :P

A curious exception to this rule is Blowfish, where the P-array and S-boxes are filled with the hexadecimal digits of pi, as a "nothing up my sleeve" number. In other words, they've been chosen so that anybody can see there is no specific reason for choosing this number.