Guess your ideology

• ♿ (Parody)

@chozang said in Guess your ideology:

I know that was a troll, but I think the author's straw man is that conservatives' views are just based on a visceral sense of disgust without processing things through the intellect.

Yet another psychology paper based on small sample size and noisy data, I think. However, if you look at @ben_lubar's original criticisms of the questions and compare that to the sorts of criticisms people made about other political quizzes, I think we can say that at least the questions here are not so ambiguous.

• BINNED

@pie_flavor and that tells you exactly what about your voting behavior?

• Considered Harmful

I just get, "Loading Test..."

No test will actually ever load. Just some stupid Cosmo-style questionnaire.

• Considered Harmful

@boomzilla said in Guess your ideology:

I know that was a troll, but I think the author's straw man is that conservatives' views are just based on a visceral sense of disgust without processing things through the intellect.

Yet another psychology paper based on small sample size and noisy data, I think. However, if you look at @ben_lubar's original criticisms of the questions and compare that to the sorts of criticisms people made about other political quizzes, I think we can say that at least the questions here are not so ambiguous.

Yeah, most political quizzes suffer from horribly-worded questions where the biases of the author are extremely clear, which either you can't answer sanely or everyone answers the same way. Questions whose answers influence the inner calculation incorrectly usually take a backseat in the fail. Whereas in this case they're all that's there.

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

@pie_flavor said in Guess your ideology:

Yeah, most political quizzes suffer from horribly-worded questions where the biases of the author are extremely clear, which either you can't answer sanely or everyone answers the same way. Questions whose answers influence the inner calculation incorrectly usually take a backseat in the fail. Whereas in this case they're all that's there.

Perhaps we should show them how it's done and create an Official WTDWTF Official Political Questionnaire and Multi-Dimensional Policy Sweet Spot Location-Finder?

• Considered Harmful

@dreikin said in Guess your ideology:

@pie_flavor said in Guess your ideology:

Perhaps we should show them how it's done and create an Official WTDWTF Official Political Questionnaire and Multi-Dimensional Policy Sweet Spot Location-Finder?

Make it so.

• :hanzo: from a year ago

Also, @ben_lubar confirmed to be a chat bot:

• @mzh said in Guess your ideology:

:hanzo: from a year ago

Also, @ben_lubar confirmed to be a chat bot:

It was inevitable.

• kills Dumbledore

@dkf said in Guess your ideology:

@pleegwat said in Guess your ideology:

a toilet seat cleaning agent.

0_1510759143553_ba76ef7d-987c-424b-b7c6-a7a4717e3820-image.png

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually integral parts of a toilet. Every integral part of this toilet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you toilet seats do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. toilet seats are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.

• Notification Spam Recipient

@jaloopa said in Guess your ideology:

@dkf said in Guess your ideology:

@pleegwat said in Guess your ideology:

a toilet seat cleaning agent.

0_1510759143553_ba76ef7d-987c-424b-b7c6-a7a4717e3820-image.png

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually integral parts of a toilet. Every integral part of this toilet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you toilet seats do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. toilet seats are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.

So that's why there are no toilets in Minecraft!