Trying to exercise again

• I've basical done crap since I was pregnant with my daughter.

When she was about 15 months she witnessed me crashing on my skates. This caused her to regress in speech and mimicking.

Trying to figure out how to incorporate bike/skate in part of my commute.

Yesterday I met my husband in Central Park and just decided to go a bit with my skates.

Straight away was great, the first downhill, I let it out and it was good.

The next downhill..by they time I registered how much faster I was going, I lost control.

Husband says, I basically landed on my butt and rolled over. I have learned that the dead bug position is usually what I end up in.

New Yorkers are great, so many came to help (this has been my experience anytime I've fallen in an occupied area--I have a whole photo album dedicated to my chrashes), several offered to call ambulance, when I said I need my skates off, someone helped with that.

I have abrasions on my butt and shoulder and the butt muscles are super sore.

Went home early today...and thinking of staying home tomorrow..

• @karla said in Trying to exercise again:

New Yorkers are great, so many came to help

This does not fit the stereotype; therefore, it cannot be true.

Oh, and sympathy and quick healing for the abrasions, contusions, and whatnot. 🤕 I'd be happy to give you some of my Skyrim healing potions, if I could.

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

@karla said in Trying to exercise again:

I've basical done crap since I was pregnant with my daughter.

When she was about 15 months she witnessed me crashing on my skates. This caused her to regress in speech and mimicking.

Trying to figure out how to incorporate bike/skate in part of my commute.

Yesterday I met my husband in Central Park and just decided to go a bit with my skates.

Straight away was great, the first downhill, I let it out and it was good.

The next downhill..by they time I registered how much faster I was going, I lost control.

Husband says, I basically landed on my butt and rolled over. I have learned that the dead bug position is usually what I end up in.

New Yorkers are great, so many came to help (this has been my experience anytime I've fallen in an occupied area--I have a whole photo album dedicated to my chrashes), several offered to call ambulance, when I said I need my skates off, someone helped with that.

I have abrasions on my butt and shoulder and the butt muscles are super sore.

Went home early today...and thinking of staying home tomorrow..

:( That sucks, but you could think of it this way (I assume the title is expressing a wish): if you don't keep doing it anyway, you'll never get practiced enough to stop hurting yourself.

• @karla Maybe practice in the immediate neighbourhood of your house until you feel confident you’ve got the skates fully under control in normal situations?

• @gurth said in Trying to exercise again:

@karla Maybe practice in the immediate neighbourhood of your house until you feel confident you’ve got the skates fully under control in normal situations?

Yeah I totally need to practice braking. But it still becomes a different beast at high speeds.

Yeah I totally need to practice braking. But it still becomes a different beast at high speeds.

At high speeds, braking tends to become breaking.

• @hardwaregeek said in Trying to exercise again:

At high speeds, braking tends to become breaking.

Yeah, I'm noticing that.

Considering I got the 3 wheel larger wheel skates to go faster...I forget I am no longer a badass.

I forget I am no longer a badass

Now you're a sore-ass 😉

• @timebandit said in Trying to exercise again:

I forget I am no longer a badass

Now you're a sore-ass 😉

Yes.