YouTube's new logo

• BINNED

@blek Welp...

0_1504529194331_youtube-bg-wtf.png

What the fuck? I think I added some Bulgarian music video to my favorites around the time they rolled out the new design, so OBVIOUSLY THAT MEANS I'M FUCKING BULGARIAN, RIGHT?! :headdesk:

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@blek said in YouTube's new logo:

I'M FUCKING BULGARIAN

I'm :giggity: for you…

• BINNED

So, I switched my region to Czech Republic while keeping the language to English because fuck localization.

Then I actually went to YT again and opened a video.

Then I tried to open the left side hamburger menu, and got this:

0_1504822643135_youtube-wtf-once-again.png

This is the sidebar that's supposed to show the menu, including items like Subscriptions, Favorites, all that kind of shit. Instead it seems to be showing shit that's supposed to be in the page footer, like "About YouTube", "Press" (badly translated, because Tisk also means Print - a not-completely-terrible translator would turn that to "Pro novináře" (For press), etc. None of the menu items that are supposed to show up are actually there.

I haven't touched any settings between my previous post in this thread and right now, in fact, I haven't visited the site at all during that time. How in the flying fuck do you manage to fuck with a user's language settings AND the menu at the same time? Is YouTube literally run by a group of chimpanzees randomly banging on keyboards?

• @blakeyrat said in YouTube's new logo:

@boomzilla They certainly missed an opportunity to prove Google knew what it was doing after the ongoing disaster of the new Google Hangouts.

I've been using Hangouts and Lync and I have to say that only one of them is terrible to the extent where it fights with the windowing system made by the same company as it.

• @blek did you also set English as your primary language over at https://myaccount.google.com/language ? IIRC you have to change it in both places or you get a weird mix.

• BINNED

@lb_ I didn't do that, but the interface was in English even when my location was set to Bulgaria. Actually everything except the side menu was still in English when I took that screenshot - I probably should have pointed that out. Only the hamburger menu was in my language, controls on the rest of the page were in English.

• BINNED

Also, I've been getting double ads on Youtube now, as in, I get an ad, I click Skip, and I get another ad. Is that new? I don't remember this happening before.

• @blek If you look closely, it shows you the number of ads you have to watch, or so I've seen in screenshots.