Outlook being Outlook

• SockDev

0_1501236007951_05dc81d8-2bb3-42f9-a5fc-a81c279a18e8-image.png

And below this message, the results of the successful search :mlp_facehoof:

• Maybe it encountered an error before it could deliver the last search result.

• SockDev

@lb_ The error appeared when the search started. The search then ran to successful completion, finding all the revelant emails.

• Outlook

Found your problem.

Seriously though, I always have problems with Outlook search. It's possible I should maybe do more with inbox folders and better categorization or something, but Outlook search is always the most fiddly thing I have to use on a day-to-day basis at work.

• @raceprouk said in Outlook being Outlook:

And below this message, the results of the successful search

It didn't say it couldn't search, it said it couldn't complete the search. Reading comprehension.

• SockDev

@blakeyrat said in Outlook being Outlook:

@raceprouk said in Outlook being Outlook:

And below this message, the results of the successful search

It didn't say it couldn't search, it said it couldn't complete the search. Reading comprehension.

And yet I got complete search results :thonking:

• @raceprouk How do you know?

• SockDev

@blakeyrat said in Outlook being Outlook:

@raceprouk How do you know?

Because I'm amazing 😛

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

@e4tmyl33t said in Outlook being Outlook:

Seriously though, I always have problems with Outlook search.

At least you only have problems with the search. Since the last release, my Outlook doesn't even connect to the Exchange server at all. I have to use fucking IMAP, which defeats the whole purpose of Outlook. And as an additional bonus, replies sent from another computer sometimes won't show up in Outlook, despite being saved in the correct folder.

Outlook 2016 is a buggy piece of shit and should die in a fire.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.