Home Depo Survey




  • Home Depo Survey



  • Presumably, this is to prevent store managers (or others with an interest in getting good scores) from using a bot to complete favorable surveys.  Or to keep people from simply putting 1's or 10's the whole way down without bothering to read.



  • I would put that item in the middle.



  • Hey - I want to fill in one of those surveys.

    In fact I want to visit one of the Home Depots that scores highly on "How much fun was it to shop in the store"! 



  • There is another WTF: Things can be either too bright or too dark. If they really cared, or planned to change their lighting according to customer feedback, they would have that item range from "too dark" over "ok" to "too bright".



  • I lament the absence of draggable analogue knobs.

    All surveys should look like beat machines.



  • @bstorer said:

    Presumably, this is to prevent store managers (or others with an interest in getting good scores) from using a bot to complete favorable surveys.  Or to keep people from simply putting 1's or 10's the whole way down without bothering to read.

    /[\w\s,.-]*"(\w+)"/
     



  • @PSWorx said:

    /[\w\s,.-]*"(\w+)"/

    Okay, it's a regular expression. Fine. That aside...

    what the f*** are you on about?



  • @Irrelevant said:

    @PSWorx said:
    /[\w\s,.-]*"(\w+)"/

    Okay, it's a regular expression. Fine. That aside...

    what the f*** are you on about?

    It extracts the word "six" from the survey, so that store managers can use bots to complete it. 



  • There's VERY little chance I'd be selecting 6 on that first one....



  • @GettinSadda said:

    Hey - I want to fill in one of those surveys.

    In fact I want to visit one of the Home Depots that scores highly on "How much fun was it to shop in the store"! 

    If you aren't having fun at a Home Depot, you don't know what you're missing.  I've never had need of a biscuit joiner or hollow chisel mortiser, but when I'm at Home Depot, damn if it isn't tempting...



  • @GettinSadda said:

    Hey - I want to fill in one of those surveys.

    In fact I want to visit one of the Home Depots that scores highly on "How much fun was it to shop in the store"! 



    That's the one that has the rollercoaster to take you from the front door out to the lumber section in the back.



  • @dhromed said:

    I lament the absence of draggable analogue knobs.

    All surveys should look like beat machines.



    Yes, what were they thinking? I can't distill my satisfaction into just 10 discrete levels. Satisfaction is a continuous function, and I refuse to round 7.86531231112 to something as crude as 8.



  • @SuperousOxide said:

    @GettinSadda said:

    Hey - I want to fill in one of those surveys.

    In fact I want to visit one of the Home Depots that scores highly on "How much fun was it to shop in the store"!



    That's the one that has the rollercoaster to take you from the front door out to the lumber section in the back.

    Also once you're in the lumber section, they have all the fun toys like chainsaws out for you to try for yourself! 



  • @asuffield said:

    @Irrelevant said:

    @PSWorx said:
    /[\w\s,.-]*"(\w+)"/

    Okay, it's a regular expression. Fine. That aside...

    what the f*** are you on about?

    It extracts the word "six" from the survey, so that store managers can use bots to complete it. 

     

    Um, I'm sorry, that looked less lame on paper... Asuffield is right though, I think if this is really some kind of bot protection, it's pretty easy to overcome... 



  • @dhromed said:

    I lament the absence of draggable analogue knobs.

    All surveys should look like beat machines.

    And the knobs should actually work so that you get music as you drag the knobs.  I'd fill out the surveys if they did that.

     


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.