Highly Acclaimed Movies you Hate Thread

• 🚽 Regular

@blakeyrat said in Highly Acclaimed Movies you Hate Thread:

@jaloopa said in Highly Acclaimed Movies you Hate Thread:

I spent the whole movie bored out of my mind, got to the twist and wondered briefly if it retroactively made it a good movie. I decided it didn't because I'd still spent that 90 minutes before the twist bored.

I called the twist about 20 minutes in. There's a scene that's a huge giveaway if you have any imagination at all.

Had I done that, I'd probably have the same reaction with it as I did with The Prestige.

Who called him to book the kid's appointment in the first place? How can he do so much as order a Subway sandwich without noticing nobody is aware of his presence? I understand people handwave it off saying they are so oblivious to these facts as some kind of fundamental trait of being a ghost, but I can't get past the first point, since it means he had to have been stalking kids to find one truly troubled, and then just invite himself to start taking his case without even talking to his mother. He clearly noticed his wife stopped talking to him; why didn't he notice his patient's own mother, who couldn't have even hired him, wasn't talking to him? And did his mother just get random invoices from some unknown psychologist who claimed to be seeing her son? That'd be creepy AF.

• Generally, I won't watch a movie if I think I won't like it (and I don't really care much about spoilers), so I can't really say that I _disliked_ anything I've seen. _It's a Wonderful Life_ _Pirates of the Caribbean_ (1-3, parts of 4) _The Illusionist_ _Spider-Man_ (2002) _Star Wars_ (4-6, 1-2) _Lord of the Rings_ (theatrical edition and extended {also read the books}) _Iron Man_ _The Hobbit_ (all three {also read the book}) _Inception_ _The Avengers_ _Life is Beautiful_ _A Fistful of Dollars_, _For a Few Dollars More_, _The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly_ (bonus: _A Fistful of Lead_ {great spoof}) _Spider-Man 3_ _Hoodwinked_ _Oceans 11_, _Oceans 12_, _Oceans 13_ _Batman_ (_the Movie_, {1989}, _Returns_, _Forever_, _& Robin_, _Begins_, _the Dark Knight_, _the Dark Knight Rises_)

• Highly Acclaimed Movies you Hate Thread

Most

• @djls45 said in Highly Acclaimed Movies you Hate Thread:

Generally, I won't watch a movie if I think I won't like it (and I don't really care much about spoilers), so I can't really say that I _disliked_ anything I've seen. _It's a Wonderful Life_ _Pirates of the Caribbean_ (1-3, parts of 4) _The Illusionist_ _Spider-Man_ (2002) _Star Wars_ (4-6, 1-2) _Lord of the Rings_ (theatrical edition and extended {also read the books}) _Iron Man_ _The Hobbit_ (all three {also read the book}) _Inception_ _The Avengers_ _Life is Beautiful_ _A Fistful of Dollars_, _For a Few Dollars More_, _The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly_ (bonus: _A Fistful of Lead_ {great spoof}) _Spider-Man 3_ _Hoodwinked_ _Oceans 11_, _Oceans 12_, _Oceans 13_ _Batman_ (_the Movie_, {1989}, _Returns_, _Forever_, _& Robin_, _Begins_, _the Dark Knight_, _the Dark Knight Rises_)

The Oceans movie are exactly the type I like.