Microsoft Outlook - Strange Error Message

• I have been using Microsoft Outlook for many many years, and have never happened upon this odd error message:

"There are too many edits in the document.  This operation will be incomplete.  Save your work."

The strange thing about this it I made no edits to the message.  I was just reply to a message and was attempting to attach a file. 

Woe is us who must use Microsoft Office on a daily basis... 

(Sorry, can't figure out how to insert a picture here)

• To insert the picture, did you try clicking on the little picture of a tree (the 11th icon) above the message?

• From what I Googled, it's saying that you don't have enough temp / cache space.  You may want to look at cleaning out those temp directories a bit or increasing the cache size (or getting away from Outlook and into something a little less snarky like Thunderbird)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224029

Seejay

• I recall similar oddities with FrontPage.

I've switched onto Live Mail Desktop (currently in beta) - http://morethanmail.spaces.live.com/ - it's a very nice client.

• @rbowes said:

To insert the picture, did you try clicking on the little picture of a tree (the 11th icon) above the message?

A tree is used to indicate "insert picture" ?!     That shows how deeply the wooden table jokes are embedded into this forum.

• @sibtrag said:

@rbowes said:

To insert the picture, did you try clicking on the little picture of a tree (the 11th icon) above the message?

A tree is used to indicate "insert picture" ?!     That shows how deeply the wooden table jokes are embedded into this forum.

It's not just a tree, it's a picture of a tree! Well actually, an icon of a picture of a tree! Or something...

• @rbowes said:

@sibtrag said:

@rbowes said:

It's not just a tree, it's a picture of a tree! Well actually, an icon of a picture of a tree! Or something...

It's used in Adobemacromedia software, anyway.

And it look hella prettier than that stupid abstract yellow landscape of MS Office.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.