Interviews - yet another topic

• Hi all

I've just recently finished my job hunt - found something really promising. But one thing is bugging me - all positive responses looked like "ok, we're interested, let's arrange an interview". I responded to them with details how can we contact, etc. but then - no reply from ~60% of them.

It's kind of WTF... what do they expect? - that I'll try to mail/phone them again just remind that I'd like this interview? I don't think that 60% of those just forgot about to answer. Other 40% contacted me as expected. Any ideas? Is that typical?

• It's not atypical. Depending on the size of the company you're applying to, they may just be overwhelmed with applicants. More likely - they're interviewing over several days/weeks and hired someone for that position on the spot. It happens; don't get discouraged. I know we generally inform people in the queue if we fill the position before getting to everyone (which is almost never possible anyway) but this is more of a secondary thought as we're a little too small to have someone dedicated to firing off "thanks, but nevermind" e-mails or phone calls.

• It is typical. The best thing to do is go ahead with the interviews you have. By the time you have done those, the 60% may get around to responding. If they don't, then it is they who have missed out.

• Yeah - I don't expect each of them to reply "Not interested". But if they send me info who should I contact to set up the interv. time and that guy gets cc from this message... then it looks really strange when they go silent.

Thanks anyway :) 

• @viraptor said:

Yeah - I don't expect each of them to reply "Not interested". But if they send me info who should I contact to set up the interv. time and that guy gets cc from this message... then it looks really strange when they go silent.

Then they've hired somebody else already and couldn't be bothered to tell you. Happens all the time.