Lighters...

• Dupa

Seriously now, when was the last time you actually used up a lighter? I mean, completely, so you couldn't light up a cigarette with it?

I counted up all of the lighters me and my GF have laying around the house. I found 13. I declared embargo on buying new lighters. We're to use the ones we've got now.

I mean, I'm not really sure (ie. I understand completely) how does this happen? I put one into my bag and another one into my jacket. Just in case, so I don't need to purchase another one of these.

• Notification Spam Recipient

I dunno. They tend to dry up on me faster than I use them.

Then again, I use them once every two years or so...

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@kt_ said in Lighters...:

Seriously now, when was the last time you actually used up a lighter?

Never.

(English is TRWTF…)

• @kt_ said in Lighters...:

I counted up all of the lighters me and my GF have laying around the house. I found 13. I declared embargo on buying new lighters. We're to use the ones we've got now.

I rounded up all the blue pens around the house once. There were easily enough for me to use for the rest of my life (assuming they don't dry up) and then pass to my children and have them use for the rest of their lives, and that's not an exaggeration.

And I'm pretty sure we've almost never actually bought any.

• @anonymous234 said in Lighters...:

I rounded up all the blue pens around the house once. There were easily enough for me to use for the rest of my life (assuming they don't dry up) and then pass to my children and have them use for the rest of their lives, and that's not an exaggeration.

Well, for me "enough blue pens for me to use for the rest of my life" would be just ONE, since I use only black pens. (Specifically uni-ball permanent rollerballs that write in an epically black and non-fading sort of black, unlike most black biros.)

• @anonymous234 said in Lighters...:

assuming they don't dry up

Unlikely

• BINNED

What I really don't understand is how I ended up with a bunch of cheap plastic lighters as well when I've been carrying a Zippo for the last at least 2 years...

• Dupa

@blek said in Lighters...:

What I really don't understand is how I ended up with a bunch of cheap plastic lighters as well when I've been carrying a Zippo for the last at least 2 years...

Drinking at parties much? Going for a smoke with newly acquainted people is a sure fire way to involuntarily stealing a lighter.

• BINNED

@kt_ I think it's part that, part me being the kind of idiot who runs out of fluid or flint in the middle of the night and then leaves for an hour to go find an open gas station that will sell him a plastic lighter...

• đźš˝ Regular

@anonymous234 said in Lighters...:

Back in highschool I used a pencil to the point where I could not longer hold it in my finger tips.
    I went to the point where (for shits and giggles) I flattened a paperclip and wrapped it around the pencil's tip just so I could hold it more easily.

• Notification Spam Recipient

@Zecc said in Lighters...:

@anonymous234 said in Lighters...:

Back in highschool I used a pencil to the point where I could not longer hold it in my finger tips.
    I went to the point where (for shits and giggles) I flattened a paperclip and wrapped it around the pencil's tip just so I could hold it more easily.

I mean, you'd eventually run out of graphite, right?

• đźš˝ Regular

@Tsaukpaetra I used the kind of pencil that has graphite all the way to the end.

Towards the end I had to sharpen the pencil with an x-acto knife because I could no longer hold it inside a pencil sharpener.

It was shorter than 0.5cm when I lost it.

• @Zecc you mean it got down to appropriate size for Trump? 🚎

• kills Dumbledore

@Zecc when I was a child, if I asked my dad for a pencil he'd always have a tiny stub. I used to think he kept pencils for ages to get everything out of them but years later he told me it was because he always sharpened them with his penknife and kept breaking the graphite when he did, so each sharpening would take loads of length off the pencil