Suggestion: Winner

• I've got an idea for the side-bar WTFs (and possibly other areas of the forum as well)...let's have each sidebar post include a vote for best response. After a certain number of votes (5 or 10) the person with the most points gets a "winner" tag/graphic (a pic of Rocky, Chuck Norris,  Rob Cordry, or Kurt Russel in Big Trouble in little China, etc.) next to their post. Winning posts are summed up and displayed in your profile or next to your username...see for example:

http://forums.worsethanfailure.com/forums/permalink/118130/118159/ShowThread.aspx#118159

The way I see it, most of the fun on this site isn't the actual stories, its the ridiculous threads that erupt where people make outrageous claims and commit their own WTFs greater than the original, and the rest of us watch and comment mystery-science-theatre style.

• Typically I think we're all qualified to know if/when we've won a thread.  On the other hand, I spend inordinate amounts of time going through my old Digg posts and seeing what they're rated.

• Sounds like a bad idea to me. There are way too many people around who spam like crazy to get their post counts up, post the myriad "frist psot!!!1" comments, have 50 line sigs with a dozen animated GIF images, etc., and the idea of giving them something else to abuse sends shivers up my spine.

Only evil can come from this idea. Old and dangerous evil.

• the signatures on this site are the least obtrusive I've ever seen.

• @RayS said:

Sounds like a bad idea to me. There are way too many people around who spam like crazy to get their post counts up, post the myriad "frist psot!!!1" comments, have 50 line sigs with a dozen animated GIF images, etc., and the idea of giving them something else to abuse sends shivers up my spine.

same arguments considering those people who dont speak often but have something genuinely good to say will get overrun by people who know nothing...sorry its late...but it took me 3 hours to make this post

/me was watching a movie halfway through posting 

• @tster said:

the signatures on this site are the least obtrusive I've ever seen.

Especially after you turn them off (under 'site options'). 

• @RayS said:

Sounds like a bad idea to me. There are way too many people around who spam like crazy to get their post counts up, post the myriad "frist psot!!!1" comments, have 50 line sigs with a dozen animated GIF images, etc., and the idea of giving them something else to abuse sends shivers up my spine.

I think you forgot what site you're on...

• That's 'cause nobody can figure out how the hell you're supposed to post images on this non-BBCode enabled forum.