Forum Mafia - Scum Thread

• You are members of an ancient (in internet years) and proud organization, fighting for the rights of trolls everywhere to practice the ultimate art-form to their hearts’ content, with no restrictions or boundaries.

You’ve recently came out of the shadows, revealed your 120-page manifesto to the world (not included), and are currently holding an entire forum hostage until they agree to unban all their trolls.

Each night, you may choose a target to permaban. You’ll also have to specify which of you will pull the virtual switch.

• sockdevs

Presumably I'm not alone…

• Maybe...

• I'm suspicious that Maceij is a scum.

I'm going to vote for him today.

What do you think?

• sockdevs

It does look like momentum is building against him. I don't want to rush into a vote, as we've got a couple of days before the deadline, so let's see how things develop for now.

• @RaceProUK I think you can back off. Too much more and you'll give him an opportunity to divert attention to you.

• Yamikuronue said in Forum Mafia - Game Thread:

Jaloopa What's your opinion of Maciej, Racepro, and DJ?

I'm not in that list.

• Shit, that was a cliche response @RaceProUK.

Maybe it's in character for you though.

Hey, if I start to fuck up, let me know.

• sockdevs

I'm Vanilla, btw.

• And Yami suspects me.

Fuck....

• Seriously.... how the hell do you play the game without ending up suspected?

• sockdevs

I ask myself that every time...

• sockdevs

I'm not a strong player, and I guess you're not a strong player either, and we're up against the three strongest players this forum has.

TL;DR: we're screwed :sadface:

• sockdevs

Doesn't help that we're now fighting each other too.

• @RaceProUK said in Forum Mafia - Scum Thread:

Doesn't help that we're now fighting each other too.

Opposite actually, as long as it is convincing and doesn't end up creating a bandwagon.

@RaceProUK said in Forum Mafia - Scum Thread:

we're up against the three strongest players this forum has.

I'm good at getting people to point fingers at each other, but it tends to backfire and get the finger pointed at me, like this time.

But it looks like I averted disaster.

At the end of the game, I know Yami is going to point out how badly I fucked up on the first day.

Looks like her tactic will be reserving conflicting posts until they collect to convincing amounts and then slamming them down.

I have to remain consistent, and that's one of the things I was weakest at, even when townie. Got me so many false positives.

• What I need to do is play chess. Build up a good argument over time, but remain consistent.

There were too many holes in my argument against Yami, but I lucked out by Yami and abarker copying each other. Very convincing. I'd vote for one of them if I were town.

Maciej is helping too, by basically saying the exact opposite, this game, than he's said every other game.

• sockdevs

Luck is on our side: the two bandwagons have ended up on two townies. However, we must be careful. We cannot both switch to voting for Maciej, as whoever switches second will be a target on day 2, and we want to capitalise on people's existing doubts as much as possible.

To that end, I propose the following:

• If Yami is lynched, we kill abarker in the night, which will hopefully reinforce suspicion of Maciej, and we can get an easier mislynch in MyLo.
    • If Maciej is lynched, we go after someone who's been relatively quiet e.g. Vault. With luck, abarker and Yami will be seen as the main driving forces behind the bandwagon, and people will be after them, not us, and again we get an easier mislynch in MyLo.
    • If there's a no-lynch, then we kill either Maciej or abarker, which will hopefully drive suspicion onto the other one of the pair. It won't be MyLo, but it'll be good enough.

What do you think? Are these reasonable options?

• sockdevs

Ah.

Vault's just voted for Maciej, putting both him and Yami on the hammer. That puts us in a very difficult position. If one of us swings the hammer, then we immediately come under suspicion. However, if djls swings the hammer, that doesn't let us off, as we'd both be seen as potential scum for not risking the hammer exposing us.

Then again, Jaloopa could let us off big time if he switches. I say we wait and see if he switches or not.

We cannot both switch to voting for Maciej

We can't switch at all, because it'll be so contradictory everyone will notice.

What do you think? Are these reasonable options?

Yep.

The goal is to split the party on two townies, after that you just frame the other side. This is the best possible scenario.

• sockdevs

@xaade Then we play the waiting game :slight_smile:

• @xaade said in Forum Mafia - Game Thread:

It just seemed more like scum behavior than what I was doing.

Fuck me.....

• @RaceProUK

Alright, if I don't get lynched today because of that, I'm going to suggest that I do the kill tonight.

If someone notices that it's me in particular, you FOS me.

• @RaceProUK

Ok, what do you think about withdrawing your vote from Yami? You'll need to have a reason, but I think you should look for an exit.

Here's my reason why.

I think it's fair if I stay on, but if you stay on the vote and dj leaves before you do, it will highlight our cooperation.

If it looks like someone else is strongly suspicious, plant a seed for a vote switch, and pull it off later.

Thoughts?

• sockdevs

@xaade Given all the vote-switching going on, I think it's best I don't unvote.

• @djls45 said in Forum Mafia - Game Thread:

There are four people who are fairly convinced that @Yamikuronue is too trollish too keep around, and four who have switched from one person to another. That appears to me like all four of us voting for @Yamikuronue are not trolls, and the trolls have jumped from one target to another to try to get our votes away from one that's under the gun. This is further solidifying my vote. Does anyone have a counter-argument?

That's what I figured.

I don't have a good enough reason to switch.

• @abarker said in Forum Mafia - Game Thread:

The fact that no one was switching trains when both @Yamikuronue and @Maciejasjmj had been at L-1 for an extended period is what led me to determine that it is unlikely that they are both non-trolls.

That still leaves you out as a troll. Of course, you wouldn't indict yourself.

• PERFECT!

@RaceProUK

We target Maceij and put more suspicion on Yami.

• sockdevs

@xaade said in Forum Mafia - Scum Thread:

PERFECT!

I wouldn't call a ragequit perfect, but that's what's happened, and we have to play the game the way it stands.

@xaade said in Forum Mafia - Scum Thread:

We target Maceij and put more suspicion on Yami.

Sounds like a plan to me.

I wouldn't call a ragequit perfect, but that's what's happened, and we have to play the game the way it stands.

Referring more to WHO was lynched, and the fact that we didn't have to switch votes.

• @RaceProUK

We have to decide which of us does the deed.

We don't know what investigative roles they have.

• sockdevs

@xaade That's assuming there's any roles in play: it could be vanilla. Still, I guess it's better for the one under- Actually, would it be better for the one under less suspicion to do the deed, or the one under more suspicion?

• @RaceProUK

We could take the risk that Yami has the investigation powers.

If she does, and you do the kill, it will introduce doubt in the town, because she suspected you on barely nothing at all.

• sockdevs

@xaade I thought we were going after Maciej?

• @CreatedToDislikeThis

We'll target Maceij. Do not pick a random target for us.

Discussing on who should do the kill.

• @RaceProUK

You misunderstand me.

If we kill maciej, and yami sees it, town will doubt because she suspected you for very little reason at the beginning.

If someone else sees it, then that will reinforce Yami's suspicion of you.

• @xaade said in Forum Mafia - Scum Thread:

then that will reinforce Yami's suspicion of you.

And she'll have someone to back her up.

• sockdevs

@xaade Ah OK.

It's up to you. If you think it's better for me to do the kill, then I'm happy to go with that.

• @RaceProUK If anyone sees it's me, we'll have to whittle down from 1 against 5. Meaning, you'll be alone and responsible for taking out everyone.

If anyone sees you, they'll have an uphill argument, and the best they'll have against me is that I voted the same as you.

I'm going to say that you pull the trigger.

• Really tough choice.

• sockdevs

@CreatedToDislikeThis I will pull the trigger and target Maciejasjmj.

• @RaceProUK Acknowledged.

• sockdevs

@Maciejasjmj said in Forum Mafia - Real Life - Game Thread:

I investigated @Jaloopa on the forums yesterday. He seems to be able to save people from banning, like a doctor of sorts.

Jaloopa has to be our night 2 target: no way we can allow a doctor to remain in play.

• sockdevs

Obviously that's for the forum side of this game: no idea about the IRL side.

@Maciejasjmj said in Forum Mafia - Real Life - Game Thread:

I investigated @Jaloopa on the forums yesterday. He seems to be able to save people from banning, like a doctor of sorts.

Jaloopa has to be our night 2 target: no way we can allow a doctor to remain in play.

We can't trust that.

He could be paranoid gun owner and it's a trap.

@CreatedToDislikeThis It's pretty shitty that he was allowed to make a forum game comment in the real life thread, but that's going to be something we have to deal with.

• There are no rules about where you're allowed to say what.

• @CreatedToDislikeThis

Hopefully you didn't give them Club Ded access.... :P

• @xaade Nope, don't worry :P

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.