Creative sorting method

• You don't really need to see the site to feel the pain on this one, but here it is: http://www.sellyoularphoneco.com/servlet/StoreFront?gclid=CLPYy-_YqYsCFQ1fYwodCTmRiw

There's a list of categories on the left side. They wanted "bargain bin" to be the last category listed so they used the time-honored technique of prepending it with "zzz". Truly amazing.

• Not a WTF.

The use of three Zs is necessary in case they ever start selling ZZ Top albums.

• <HTML xmlns:o = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office">

Nuff said.

• I'm pretty sure the fact that they're selling "sellyoular" phones might be your first hint that its a scam anyhow.....

"Your problem is our solution!"  Well, at least their solution is honest, in a Yoda sort of way.

• In the phonelist for my areacode, some companies call themselves "A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A Some Company Here". There are others "A A A A A A A A Some Other Company"...

I wonder if I could rename myself to "A B" or "Z X Y".

• They should use underscores!

__ZOMG COMPANY INC__

Plus then they get an underline too...

• Kind of off topic, but this reminds me of how Don Yarmey ("Maxwell Smart") got his stage name and his first acting job.

Casting Director:  "Give your names to the secretary.  We will audition you in alphabetical order."

Secretary:  "Name?"

Yarmey, thinking fast:  "Don Adams."

• @newfweiler said:

Kind of off topic, but this reminds me of how Don Yarmey ("Maxwell Smart") got his stage name and his first acting job.

Casting Director:  "Give your names to the secretary.  We will audition you in alphabetical order."

That's a good story.  Aaronson would have worked even better :)

• What the deuce?  At least they could have tried making the zzz "invisible" by changing its color.

Love how the company name is visible only in small copyright text at the bottom.

EDIT:  I suppose it's possible the links are created dynamically, so the color change may not be so simple.  Maybe I should have given them more credit.

• @newfweiler said:

Kind of off topic, but this reminds me of how Don Yarmey ("Maxwell Smart") got his stage name and his first acting job.

Ah, the old "changing your name for preferred placement" trick. 

• @H3SO5 said:

In the phonelist for my areacode, some companies call themselves "A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A Some Company Here". There are others "A A A A A A A A Some Other Company"...

I wonder if I could rename myself to "A B" or "Z X Y".

It makes sense for some fields. Although maybe less so now that full page ads are so common. But people picking out...say a bail bondsman usually aren't the brightest people to begin with, and don't have time to do research or maybe even read through the entire list.

• Considered Harmful

@poochner said:

@newfweiler said:

• @newfweiler said:

I just checked.  It was "Yarmy", not "Yarmey."  He was married to singer Adelaide Adams (stage name; real name Adelaide Efantis) and discovered the audition advantages of the name.

• @poochner said:

@newfweiler said:

Hah...ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Nice...

Anyway, back to the topic... has it occurred to anyone that the Bargain Bin is simply napping?