Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III

• mod

Bushido Mafia III

THE RULES

1. If by some miracle you’re able to post in this thread and aren’t a living player, do not post and report the situation to me. If you want to comment on the ongoing game or berate a player for being an idiot, PM me to apply to the official peanut gallery.
    2. Important: do not report posts in any faction/private thread. There are moderators playing, and reporting a post makes it visible to them regardless of permissions. Summon one of the site administrators instead.
    3. When in doubt, ask questions via your role card chat. I may or may not answer depending on the nature of the question, but you can be sure all communication via chat will be kept private.
    4. Each player should obtain a role card via chat. The role card contains:
      • Your flavor role, or “position”. This information has no gameplay value, and you can share it freely for roleplay purposes.
      • Your factional allegiance. You’re probably better off not sharing that.
    5. You are not allowed to quote your Role PM directly, or any other private communication with me for that matter. You can paraphrase it, you can make things up about your role, you can invent a role, but you can’t post a quote from your role card. There will be a publicly visible example of every role card active in this game (Excluding the flavour only portion).
      • Flavor role part is excluded from this rule.
    6. You’re heavily encouraged to save your Role PM outside of the chat. NodeBB’s private messaging system is… not suited for long-time storage.
    7. This is a Closed Setup Game.
    8. This is a non-bastard game. The GM will not lie to you, deceive you, give you up, let you down, run around and desert you.
    9. This is a partial-reveal game. At least one piece of information will not be revealed in the flip.
    10. This is a flavour game. There’s no guarantee that commonly-known Mafia terminology will be used.
      • Where any flavour is used that corresponds to commonly known Mafia terminology it will be acompanied with a link to the relevant page on the mafia scum wiki
    11. You can quit the game at any time, either by PM or by public announcement. Abuse of this mechanism to gain advantage will have severe consequences.
    12. Do not edit, bookmark or like posts. You shouldn’t be able to, but if you manage to find a clever way to do it anyway, Club Ded will not be amused.
    13. Do not contact other players or Club Ded members outside of threads marked for this purpose, and do not discuss the game anywhere but in those threads. The Big Brother watches you.
    14. Do not encrypt, obfuscate or alter your posts, or use content which can be altered (outside-hosted images, oneboxes, etc.). Report (via your role card chat) all posts which infringe this rule.
    15. Do not post during the time between end of day lynch and receiving the lynch results. This rule applies to all threads, not just the main thread.
    16. You have to post in the main thread once every 24 hours. And no, if for some reason I don’t do an attendance count on a given day, you’re not off the hook. Don’t gamble with the GM.

GamePlay Rules

1. This is a nightless game. The night phase will be skipped past with narration every time there's a lynch.
    2. Mafia do have daytalk in this game. Because it's a nightless game. Duh.
    3. Players do not have nighttalk in this game. Don't post until I have got the next day configured.
    4. This is a bot-assisted game. Please use @vote to register your votes for lynch.

MYLO vs. LYLO

In this game MYLO and LYLO will be calculated assuming that the faction kill is unopposed (that is, it will assume that no night role interferes with the kill attempt)

LYLO will be declared when # of scum is one less than the # of townies meaning that a mislynch will end the game without a night phase

MYLO will be declared when the # of scum is two less than the # of townies meaning that a mislynch will move the game into LYLO and the night phase will be assumed to result in a townie death and end of game

• mod

Empress Accalia was dead, to begin with.

Yamiko and Accalia had been the first co-empresses in history; Empress Yamiko had already been in a relationship when her mother had died, and, in a bold move, she had refused to accept her crown unless her partner was co-crowned, killing all hope of her marrying some young man from one of the clans and popping out an heir in short order. Their approach to the problem of succession had been unorthodox: they had fostered children from all seven clans, naming their heir only on secret, via a will that had been sent out of the palace to one of the outer moons for safety. Yamiko had predeceased Accalia by several years; given the radical opinions toward sexual relations and lack of royal lineage the empress had, it was no surprise when she was found murdered.

What was a surprise was the dead man switch she had installed, preventing the children she had fostered from leaving for at least a month after her demise. The power has gone out in the entire palace, as if in mourning for the loss.

Accalia, it seems, had grown paranoid after the demise of her beloved. She talked often about choosing a new heir, but as nobody was quite sure who the heir had been, nobody was sure if she updated the will or not. To each of her children she had confessed her fears that one of the clans had turned to evil, favoring anarchy over their orderly, civilized society. Now, upon her death, they find themselves drawn to the throne room, to discuss who it was that finally pulled the trigger and ended their mother’s life…

• mod

!list-players

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

Player List

Living:

• abarker
    • Jaloopa
    • djls45
    • Vault_Dweller
    • RaceProUK
    • CreatedToDislikeThis
    • dangeRuss
    • Maciejasjmj

Mods:

• Yamikuronue

• mod

Day 1 has begun

It will end on Monday, April 3, at 7pm Eastern

!list-votes

Votecount for Day :

Not Voting (8): abarker, Vault_Dweller, Maciejasjmj, dangeRuss, djls45, Jaloopa, RaceProUK, CreatedToDislikeThis

With 8 playing, it's to lynch!

• Created, who remained hidden for some time, shuffles out of his personal portable in-doors bush, his clan's variant of Bushido

I do believe the situation is quite dire - our emperesses gone, our Empire's stability threatened...
    I do doubt we can survive this unless we find the treacherous swine who've killed our mother and stop them in their tracks. If they will not do the honorable thing and confess their transgression, we shall make them confess.

• sockdevs

RaceProUK enters the throne room, brimming with confidence.

There's eight of us, and I seriously doubt the killer worked alone. That means two of us here are traitors. If they have any honour, they'd confess, but they won't, because clearly they don't. Just know that we will find out who you are, and deliver swift justice.

• Impossible Mission - B

"While this senseless act is unforgivable, it is not unexpected. Mother always had a way to... attract unwanted attention. Let us find the guilty swiftly before any more acts of senseless violence occurs"

• @RaceProUK said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

There's eight of us, and I seriously doubt the killer worked alone. That means two of us here are traitors.

This is a very curious assumption so early in the day, and with us knowing so little. What makes you think there must be two killers? Not knowing the extent of ours or their strength, that's a very bold assumption to make, especially knowing that the situation is unusual just by the night curiously not coming in this place.

Is it, perhaps, because you're working alone and trying to mislead us into looking for connections where there aren't any?

This is a nasty situation we find ourselves in.

It seems our dear Mother was correct in worrying that one of the clans was out to get her. The question is, which clan?

Some person or group is entirely without honour here, but the rest of us know that our purpose is to ferret them out and restore order to the Empire

• sockdevs

@Maciejasjmj said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

What makes you think there must be two killers?

Two things. First: it's no secret that Empress Accalia grew more paranoid after the death of Empress Yamiko, making a solo effort far riskier than a team effort. Second: we're not yet in a desperate situation.

What makes you think there must be two killers?

Two things. First: it's no secret that Empress Accalia grew more paranoid after the death of Empress Yamiko, making a solo effort far riskier than a team effort.

That's hardly an argument. It only takes one dagger or bullet to kill. Who knows, perhaps there's one assassin, perhaps more, perhaps most of us are, just with conflicting interests and are simply pretending to each other to be as clear as the day outside while getting ready to stab each other in the back?

Who are you, @RaceProUK? You barge into the room conjecturing about the killers, surely you could at least do us a favor of introducing yourself before we take your words for granted.

You barge into the room conjecturing about the killers, surely you could at least do us a favor of introducing yourself before we take your words for granted.

Not to sully your honour, but you appear to have barged in specifically to argue with @RaceProUK, without introducing yourself

• @Jaloopa said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

You barge into the room conjecturing about the killers, surely you could at least do us a favor of introducing yourself before we take your words for granted.

Not to sully your honour, but you appear to have barged in specifically to argue with @RaceProUK, without introducing yourself

It is impolite to answer a question with a question. It is even more impolite to answer a question directed to someone else this way.

• sockdevs

Who are you, @RaceProUK?

I am RaceProUK, daughter of the Daimyo of Shark Clan.

You barge into the room conjecturing about the killers

I'm cutting to the chase and stating what we're all thinking.

It only takes one dagger or bullet to kill.

Murderers often have helpers.

Ah, a royal child. I wonder if we should count seven here. But that hardly puts you out of suspicion, does it?

I feel we're in a position much more complex than merely being sheep to be slaughtered by @accalia's killer's dagger. What's more, I feel that the one person who would fail to realize that would be the killer themselves.

Perhaps I am wrong, and as such I'll wait for the rest of us to speak up before putting in a vote. But this is my conjecture and my finger of suspicion for now.

• sockdevs

I feel we're in a position much more complex than merely being sheep to be slaughtered by @accalia's killer's dagger.

That much is obvious: we have a power vacuum, and that almost invariably breeds complexities.

• @Maciejasjmj said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

What's more, I feel that the one person who would fail to realize that would be the killer themselves.

I do believe that's possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

That's hardly an argument. It only takes one dagger or bullet to kill. Who knows, perhaps there's one assassin, perhaps more, perhaps most of us are, just with conflicting interests and are simply pretending to each other to be as clear as the day outside while getting ready to stab each other in the back?

Most of us are? I do find that theory more odd than RaceProUK's assumption we have exactly two without honour, to be honest. How did you come to it?

• sockdevs

@CreatedToDislikeThis said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

RaceProUK's assumption we have exactly two without honour

I said there's two traitors, not two without honour.

@RaceProUK are the two not synonymous? Only one without honour would put us in this situation

• Just a paraphrase, I do say.
    I do suppose traitors is a more unambiguous way to put it, though.

• sockdevs

@Jaloopa, a traitor may be by definition dishonourable, but dishonour can be earned in many other ways. This you should know already.

@RaceProUK said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

This you should know already

Are you accusing me of something?

• sockdevs

Merely reminding you of Bushido.

We shouldn't be at each other's throats until we have all had our say. @abarker, @djls45 and @dangeRuss have all been very quiet

• @CreatedToDislikeThis said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

Most of us are? I do find that theory more odd than RaceProUK's assumption we have exactly two without honour, to be honest. How did you come to it?

I don't claim that's the case here, but there were skirmishes in the long history of the kingdom where nearly no honest people took part, merely groups of evildoers with conflicting interests.

I do wonder if it would be prudent for us all to share our secondary allegiance... Any thoughts?

• Our queen-mother was murdered, we are trapped in the palace, we have a mystery to solve, and our step-siblings are either our best friends or our worst enemies. I know that we have little to work with now, but I believe that in due time, the corruption that is in our midst will be revealed and vanquished.

While there may well be one or two who have orchestrated this particular scenario for our detriment, I also fear that multiple clans may have attempted to form various secret alliances in order to take advantage of our confusion and initiate a coup d'etat. As @Maciejasjmj has noted, our history is filled with the accounts of many noble heroes and heinous villains who clashed over the throne of our great, shining land. Let us not be like those who destroyed the land in their avaricious arrogance.

I only hope that we may rise together as one in loyalty to our dear, magnificent mother and protect the true heir while we wait for her will to be brought to reveal that heir to us so that we may usher in a new golden age for our glorious people.

• mod

This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

• mod

This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

• mod

This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

• mod

@Jaloopa said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

We shouldn't be at each other's throats until we have all had our say. @abarker, @djls45 and @dangeRuss have all been very quiet

I apologize, foster siblings, for being late to arrive. Something I ate was not agreeable with my stomach.

I hope that we can resolve this quickly so that I can inform my honorable father, the Daimyo of the Wolf Clan, of our Mother Empress's death. Nevertheless, let us not rush to any conclusions, for haste may make us rash.

I do wonder if it would be prudent for us all to share our secondary allegiance... Any thoughts?

That could be dangerous, providing the traitor, or traitors, a way identify who they would want to attack.

@abarker said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

That could be dangerous, providing the traitor, or traitors, a way identify who they would want to attack.

I think you may have revealed more than you wanted to there...

My secondary allegiance is to my clan, Monkey Clan. My primary allegiance is of course to the Empire and the heir to Yamiko and Accalia's throne

• @abarker said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

I am the proud son of my great father, the Daimyo of clan Crane.

My understanding is that he was referring to our secondary allegiance as being which clan to which we belong. With there being only seven clans, and eight of us, there are either two from a single clan or one who has no clan allegiance.
    The latter case would indicate a solitary assassin in our midst, while there may be several reasons for the former case.

• mod

@djls45 said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

I am the proud son of my great father, the Daimyo of clan Crane.

Do our four remaining foster siblings (@Vault_Dweller, @Maciejasjmj, @dangeRuss, and @CreatedToDislikeThis) wish to share anything?

• mod

Do our four remaining foster siblings (@Vault_Dweller, @Maciejasjmj, @dangeRuss, and @CreatedToDislikeThis) wish to share anything?

Stupid text system requiring a space before mentions. Sorry about that @Vault_Dweller.

• I do not know how you plan for this information to be of any use, but my veins house the blood of the Falcon clan.

• Impossible Mission - B

I agree with @Maciejasjmj. But for the sake of the group, I am originally from the Bear Clan

• @djls45 said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

My understanding is that he was referring to our secondary allegiance as being which clan to which we belong.

I do confirm this is indeed what I meant - our first allegiance is to the throne, though it appears this does not apply to all of us.

I do declare myself to be the son of the Daimyo of Shark Clan, though I do doubt this means anything other than that which is evident from the application of a heavenly operator to a carnivorous number and its nutritional facilitator.

• mod

My understanding is that he was referring to our secondary allegiance as being which clan to which we belong.

I do confirm this is indeed what I meant - our first allegiance is to the throne, though it appears this does not apply to all of us.

I do declare myself to be the son of the Daimyo of Shark Clan, though I do doubt this means anything other than that which is evident from the application of a heavenly operator to a carnivorous number and its nutritional facilitator.

That leaves @dangeRuss as the only one who has not claimed his clan, which is not surprising as he has not said anything at all. His complete silence is somewhat troubling.

• sockdevs

So, we know that we have one member from each of the clans except Shark, which is represented by myself and @CreatedToDislikeThis. What else have we learned?

• @dangeruss stumbles in scratching his head. "Sorry I'm late everyone, but it seems someone put something in my sake last night. What's this? Our dear mother has been slain? We must get to the bottom of this. Honor demands it."

"By the way I am Dangeruss of the Snake Clan"

• mod

So, we know that we have one member from each of the clans except Shark,

When you spoke, we didn't, in point of face, know that. @dangeRuss hadn't yet spoken up, so we were unaware of anyone amongst us being a part of the Snake Clan. That you would make this claim either means you were being sloppy, or it indicates you have information that the rest of us do not.

• mod

you were being sloppy

To clarify, I Meant sloppy in your note taking.

• @CreatedToDislikeThis said in Mafia XVII - Bushido Mafia III:

However, it is a very curious coincidence. @RaceProUK being well versed in history means she could've readily named one of the clans as a cover. On the other hand, you could've picked up on the suspicion being thrown against her and purposefully named the Shark clan to undermine her legitimacy and improve yours.

Or maybe it's nothing like you say. But strange that my suspicions would end up at least somewhat confirmed.

• sockdevs

That you would make this claim either means you were being sloppy, or it indicates you have information that the rest of us do not.

Or that I correctly intuited that all seven clans would be represented in this group before anyone even spoke.

Or maybe it's nothing like you say.

We are a group of eight, and there are seven clans. There was bound to be a duplicate: it just so happened to be Shark. Though you raise an interesting point about him possibly choosing my clan to capitalise on the thus far unjustified suspicions against myself.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.