Really Unique Passwords - BOSS WTF

• Enrique explained the situation, and fortunately his boss was not only reasonable, but had enough technical knowledge to understand the problem. He insisted that further development would come after Enrique's proposed changes to the system and that all proposed changes would require Enrique's approval before implementation.

That has got to be BY FAR the best person in any management kind of role that has EVER been listed on this site. I only dream of something like that happening in the workplace. I'm astonished that there are bosses who actually care and know enough!

I was TOTALLY expecting:

Enrique explained the situation, and unfortunately it was his boss' idea to implement the system this way. He insisted that there was no possible way the system posed any kind of security risk,  and then went on to explain how no further development would be allowed to change the system, and that all changes to the system would require his approval before implementation.

Maybe there is a FSM after all?

• @GoatCheez said:

Enrique explained the situation, and fortunately his boss was not only
    reasonable, but had enough technical knowledge to understand the
    problem. He insisted that further development would come after
    Enrique's proposed changes to the system and that all proposed changes
    would require Enrique's approval before implementation.

That
    has got to be BY FAR the best person in any management kind of role
    that has EVER been listed on this site. I only dream of something like
    that happening in the workplace. I'm astonished that there are bosses
    who actually care and know enough!

I was TOTALLY expecting:

Enrique
    explained the situation, and unfortunately it was his boss' idea to
    implement the system this way. He insisted that there was no possible
    way the system posed any kind of security risk,  and then went on
    to explain how no further development would be allowed to change the
    system, and that all changes to the system would require his
    approval before implementation.

Maybe there is a FSM after all?

April Fool!

; -P

• A week later, the Chief Development Manager approached David and each of the other developers from the Build Process meeting and apologized to them.

I’m kidding. He fired them on the spot. As security led them away, one at a time, every developer knew why they were let go and who made it happen.

It looks like today's item matches the norm. I'm thankful that where I am it's not quite like that even though we do have things that just won't ever be changed.