WTF go?

• mod

.\ymm_test.go:16: cannot use mfp (type *mockFuse.MockFuseProvider) as type fuse.DBProvider in argument to Init:
            *mockFuse.MockFuseProvider does not implement fuse.DBProvider (missing fuse.prepare method)
                    have mockFuse.prepare(string, interface {}) (string, []interface {})
                    want fuse.prepare(string, interface {}) (string, []interface {})

Uh... what? @ben_lubar ? MockFuseProvider is in package fuse/mockFuse so that people developing downstream modules can use the mock version without writing it themselves.

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

@Yamikuronue said in WTF go?:

ymm_test.go

You made my test go?

• sockdevs

@asdf I wouldn't say 'go' so much as 'blow up'.

0_1488560954729_upload-97ba1322-0168-4042-b914-9fe94738a57e
    Eh, it's not so bad: those who want to get to have a laugh at Go.

• I came here thinking this was going to be :wtf: 's version of Pokemon Go. Go out into the real world and capture wild WTFs! Let your WTFs battle with other players' WTFs to see which one is worst! But then I realized that's kind of what this site already is.

• @devjoe
    Obviously @mikeTheLiar is the all time winner of WTF Go

• ♿

@Yamikuronue said in WTF go?:

.\ymm_test.go:16: cannot use mfp (type *mockFuse.MockFuseProvider) as type fuse.DBProvider in argument to Init:
            *mockFuse.MockFuseProvider does not implement fuse.DBProvider (missing fuse.prepare method)
                    have mockFuse.prepare(string, interface {}) (string, []interface {})
                    want fuse.prepare(string, interface {}) (string, []interface {})

Uh... what? @ben_lubar ? MockFuseProvider is in package fuse/mockFuse so that people developing downstream modules can use the mock version without writing it themselves.

Other packages can't access methods and fields that don't start with a capital letter. Interfaces with unexported methods can only be implemented by the package that defines the interface unless you do something crazy with type embedding.

• sockdevs

@ben_lubar said in WTF go?:

Other packages can't access methods and fields that don't start with a capital letter.

That's one of the most ridiculously arbitrary conventions I've ever seen.

• @RaceProUK said in WTF go?:

Other packages can't access methods and fields that don't start with a capital letter.

That's one of the most ridiculously arbitrary conventions regulations I've ever seen.

FTFY

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@RaceProUK said in WTF go?:

Yeah, should be the other way round. ;)

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

Encountered this once in QtQuick. It basically allows you to use C++ classes in a simplified declarative language, and there's some magic to link the two automatically.

Now, by convention, you write C++ method names in camelCase while QML are PascalCase.

Now, this is just convention. Nothing in the docs indicates it's anything more than a convention.

Yeah, no. Apparently, part of the magic takes your camelCased C++ methods and automatically binds them to a PascalCased QML method (buttuming this has something to do with how it's compiled). If you make your C++ methods PascalCased it just fails with unknown method errors. No other hints.

The urge to garrote a language designer was significantly higher the day I discovered that.

• sockdevs

@dkf said in WTF go?:

Yeah, should be the other way round. ;)

It should be arbitrarily ridiculous?

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

It should be arbitrarily ridiculous?

Not what I meant, but yes, that works too. ;)

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.