• SockDev

• SockDev

@accalia said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia Club Ded:

welcome to club ded.

@vote wasteaguid

okay vote's not available... fine.
    i can deal with that

• SockDev

Players: djls45 Jaloopa Vault_Dweller dangeRuss CreatedToDislikeThis Maciejasjmj(m) RaceProUK (m)

Roles: R R R R R A A
    Jaloopa Maciejasjmj djls45 RaceProUK CreatedToDislikeThis dangeRuss Vault_Dweller

Modifiers: S S S I I P N
    Jaloopa Vault_Dweller dangeRuss djls45 RaceProUK Maciejasjmj CreatedToDislikeThis

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

vote's not available... fine.

Do you want it to be started? I could have done that for you

• SockDev

@Yamikuronue said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia Club Ded:

vote's not available... fine.

Do you want it to be started? I could have done that for you

-shrug- nah it's okay. i only wanted him for randomization of the roles. i used excel instead.

• mod

Macie and Hedgie are Mafia? This is either going to be a quick town win since those two often get targeted early, or it's going to be an easy Mafia win with those two working together. Either way: :popcorn:

• SockDev

@abarker said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia Club Ded:

Macie and Hedgie are Mafia? This is either going to be a quick town win since those two often get targeted early, or it's going to be an easy Mafia win with those two working together. Either way: :popcorn:

yep. random chance has made things great for this game.

it even gave Paranoid and Insane mods to the mafia too!

• SockDev

@Maciejasjmj said in Mafia XVI - Scum Thred:

@RaceProUK said in Mafia XVI - Scum Thred:

we number very few indeed

Two out of seven? Those are insanely good odds, they have no power roles worth any salt, and they don't have enough time to figure out the modifiers reliably before landing in MyLo.

If everything goes right today, they only have one night's worth of investigation. Don't think they'll untangle the modifiers with so little time.

you know..... he's got a point, but..... not that much i could have done with the balance... well i could have thrown in a doc, but still....

That's a bold play by DangeRuss.

@accalia
    Technically this game is bastard, right? So you could have made them all townies and just sat back to watch the world :fire:

:trolleybus:

• SockDev

@izzion said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia Club Ded:

@accalia
    Technically this game is bastard, right

not really..... i mean yes, because i have to lie to them, but i also told them how i was going to lie to them and i have to lie in exactly that way.

not making any mafia would violate that.

• Stylish (adjust the color values as desired or required by your theme):

ul[data-tid="22135"] a[data-username="djls45"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[href$="uid/95285"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[data-username="djls45"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[href$="uid/95285"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[data-username="djls45"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[href$="uid/95285"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[data-username="djls45"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[href$="uid/95285"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after {
        content: " Townie, Role Cop, Insane";
        color: #0c0;
    }
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[data-username="Jaloopa"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[href$="uid/580"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[data-username="Jaloopa"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[href$="uid/580"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[data-username="Jaloopa"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[href$="uid/580"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[data-username="Jaloopa"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[href$="uid/580"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after {
        content: " Townie, Role Cop, Sane";
    }
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[data-username="Vault_Dweller"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[href$="uid/1345"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[data-username="Vault_Dweller"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[href$="uid/1345"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[data-username="Vault_Dweller"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[href$="uid/1345"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[data-username="Vault_Dweller"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[href$="uid/1345"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after {
        content: " Townie, Alignment Cop, Sane";
    }
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[data-username="dangeRuss"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[href$="uid/141570"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[data-username="dangeRuss"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[href$="uid/141570"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[data-username="dangeRuss"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[href$="uid/141570"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[data-username="dangeRuss"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[href$="uid/141570"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after {
        content: " Townie, Alignment Cop, Sane";
    }
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[data-username="CreatedToDislikeThis"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[href$="uid/802"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[data-username="CreatedToDislikeThis"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[href$="uid/802"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[data-username="CreatedToDislikeThis"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[href$="uid/802"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[data-username="CreatedToDislikeThis"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[href$="uid/802"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after {
        content: " Townie, Role Cop, Naive";
    }
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[data-username="Maciejasjmj"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[href$="uid/256"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[data-username="Maciejasjmj"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[href$="uid/256"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[data-username="Maciejasjmj"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[href$="uid/256"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[data-username="Maciejasjmj"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[href$="uid/256"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after {
        content: " Mafia, Role Cop, Paranoid";
        color: #c00;
    }
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[data-username="RaceProUK"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22135"] a[href$="uid/289"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[data-username="RaceProUK"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22136"] a[href$="uid/289"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[data-username="RaceProUK"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22137"] a[href$="uid/289"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[data-username="RaceProUK"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="22139"] a[href$="uid/289"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after {
        content: " Mafia, Role Cop, Insane";
        color: #c00;
    }

• @accalia said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia:

current votes:

no-lunch:

:laughing:

• SockDev

@Maciejasjmj said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia:

@accalia said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia:

no-lunch

Dammit, stop voting for that, I'm getting hungry.

..... whoopsies.

• SockDev

@djls45 said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia:

Now that I think about it, I think I like the self-investigation better than a single-target mass investigation. We can each try to figure out our own sanities that way, and then tomorrow we each report on what our own sanity is.

of course..... the sanity will change the results, just because you investigate sane doesn't mean you are sane, also alignment investigations don't tell you modifiers, just alignment.

still is good plan. much popcorn.

just because you investigate sane doesn't mean you are sane,

If you turn up sane, you are sane or naive. If you turn up Paranoid, you are Insane. If you turn up Insane, you are Paranoid. Therefore, the Insane and Paranoids can self-diagnose and select out of the ring, leaving only the Sane and Naive. Naive will never catch anyone, so any guilty verdict among the S-or-N pool can be trusted.

Of course that doesn't help if people lie.

• mod

just because you investigate sane doesn't mean you are sane,

If you turn up sane, you are sane or naive. If you turn up Paranoid, you are Insane. If you turn up Insane, you are Paranoid. Therefore, the Insane and Paranoids can self-diagnose and select out of the ring, leaving only the Sane and Naive. Naive will never catch anyone, so any guilty verdict among the S-or-N pool can be trusted.

Of course that doesn't help if people lie.

Yeah, it's complicated. And they are likely to rely on it a bit too much. I think the best strategy for this game would be to ignore the investigative roles. There are just too many variables for trying to figure out who can provide useful information. (thinking about it from the player's perspective, that is)

I think the best strategy for this game would be to ignore the investigative roles

Sure, but that gives them "nothing to work with"

• mod

I think the best strategy for this game would be to ignore the investigative roles

Sure, but that gives them "nothing to work with"

Yeah, I know.

I wonder if any of the townies will ever realize the investigations are nearly useless? Especially since they can't coordinate a way to figure out alignments.

@accalia said in Mafia XVI - Scum Thred:

the faction kill does not block the power role.

You may nominate a target and perform your power role, or you may decide to waive your faction kill if you desire. The default, if you do not submit a target for the faction kill, will be to treat it as a power role and assign the target randomly amongst all living players by fair dice roll.

I want the fair dice roll to result in faction killing the other scum member. Surely we can get RPUK or Maciej to be assigned to the number 4, right? :popcorn:

• SockDev

the faction kill does not block the power role.

You may nominate a target and perform your power role, or you may decide to waive your faction kill if you desire. The default, if you do not submit a target for the faction kill, will be to treat it as a power role and assign the target randomly amongst all living players by fair dice roll.

I want the fair dice roll to result in faction killing the other scum member. Surely we can get RPUK or Maciej to be assigned to the number 4, right? :popcorn:

the options for the dice roll will include all living players, so yes they could accidentally kill themselves.

• SockDev

@RaceProUK said in Mafia XVI - Scum Thred:

Indeed I am. I reasoned you were too, because it makes no sense for either of us to be alignment cops. After all, we already know everyone's alignments :slight_smile:

luck of the draw. I literally randomized it completely. if the dice had given you both psycologist that is what you would be.

• @Maciejasjmj said in Mafia XVI - Scum Thred:

Then again, Created has no idea who dangeRuss is either. So yeah. It's simple. We kill dangeRuss the Batman.

FTFH.

• SockDev

i'll admit. i'm super tempted to turn this into a bastard game and give danger mousedangeRuss oneshot bulletproof...... because i can really......

should i?

• SockDev

@PleegWat said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia Club Ded:

@accalia no

so that's one upvote for yes, and one comment for no.......

anyone else?

• @accalia Are comments and upvotes of equal value?

• mod

@accalia I agree with @PleegWat. You shouldn't be flipping the bastard bit of the game in mid-game … at least not on porpose.

@abarker
    Sadly, I must agree with the voices of laziness reason, and vote no sudden bastard. Unless this is intended as the last WTDWTF Mafia game, going out in true @TwelveBaud fashion :P

@abarker I upvoted for funny but I agree, don't do it

• SockDev

@loopback0 said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia Club Ded:

@accalia Are comments and upvotes of equal value?

so say I. yes.

You shouldn't be flipping the bastard bit of the game in mid-game

no sudden bastard.

@boomzilla said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia Club Ded:

No

don't do it

aww...... you're no fun anymore.

fiiiiiiine. i won't give teh bulletproof vest out.

sorry @dangeRuss.

• @accalia said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia Club Ded:

should i?

Not to pile on, but uh, no. :P

• SockDev

0_1488922912691_upload-d6d77ba0-e10b-41ab-8fde-eab01dc256ea

@CreatedToDislikeThis said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia:

(For some reason, the powers that be shortened the night quite severely)

What? Night is usually 24 hours.

• SockDev

@CreatedToDislikeThis said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia:

(For some reason, the powers that be shortened the night quite severely)

What? Night is usually 24 hours.

night one tends to be longer than that, but usually we have more than the bare minimum of players.

• SockDev

@Vault_Dweller said 3 minutes ago

@Club-Ded - So I am definitely not Paranoid. Given that I trust Created (which probably means he is actually scum!), I doubt I am Insane. So that leaves Sane (75%) and Naive (25%). So, until proven otherwise, I am going to assume I am Sane.

• SockDev

@Vault_Dweller said 2 minutes ago

@Club-Ded - Ok, so the flip is interesting. It means that if my assumption is correct then both of us are Sane. What would be the odds of that? I guess it would depend on how the setup was done. Also, it confirms that I am not Insane and means my probabilities now are 67% Sane and 33% Naive.

• SockDev

so... uh..... welcome to club ded @dangeRuss ....

i wanted to give you a bullet proof vest, but club ded said i douldn't do that. the spoilsports! :tangerine:

:-P

• @Vault_Dweller said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia:

I just noticed - MyLo was not announced. So there is probably just 1 scum.

How did he come to that conclusion?

@heterodox
    If they're 4-2 and mislynch:
    3-2 going into night
    Scum kills another townie, 2-2
    Scum forces no-lynchno-lunch next day, 2-2
    Scum kills another townie, 1-2
    Scum lynches townie and wins!

Edit: FTFA

• SockDev

@heterodox said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia Club Ded:

@Vault_Dweller said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia:

I just noticed - MyLo was not announced. So there is probably just 1 scum.

How did he come to that conclusion?

because i said MYLO would be anounced when NumScum+2=NumNonScum

and i forgot to announce MYLO

if not for the nolynch they probably would have been in LYLO today.

• @accalia said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia Club Ded:

so... uh..... welcome to club ded @dangeRuss ....

i wanted to give you a bullet proof vest, but club ded said i douldn't do that. the spoilsports! :tangerine:

:-P

Sorry guys all my fault. I guess I'm not into the game too much this time, too much other stuff going on IRL. Also I'm not used to open games and I guess I didn't realize that I had a good role and I shouldn't reveal it.

Well someone had to die and at least I was able to reveal my investigation upon my death. Wasn't expecting that, so I'm glad at least my death wasn't in vain.

• SockDev

@accalia said in Mafia XVI - Coptastrophe Mafia:

The last page in the notebook has few enough words survive, in fact the only words that are still legible are CreatedToDislikeThis and Loyal.

Also that's some damn bullshit. Why does the town get rewarded for letting their cop die with a surefire result that doesn't need verification?

:popcorn:

-shrug-

night kills get the results of the investigation revealed in the flip. it's just your bad luck that you chose the psych that targeted possibly the best town player.

course, that's fixable, y'all now know who the other psycho is, and you have a dangerous verified townie. and no one can block the night kill.... so.... what a decision you have.

:smiling_imp:

• SockDev

@CreatedToDislikeThis about a minute ago

@ClubDed - really, dangeruss? You were seriously a psycho?! Psycho is indeed appropriate for you...

• SockDev

@CreatedToDislikeThis 44 minutes ago

@ClubDed - ugh, why did I say https://what.thedailywtf.com/post/1110198 ? Should think before I type more.

• SockDev

Vault_Dweller about 4 hours ago

@Club-Ded - Ok, assuming no-one lied, here is everyone's sanities:
    @dangeRuss - Sane
    @djls45 - Insane
    @RaceProUK - Insane
    @Maciejasjmj - Paranoid
    @Jaloopa - Sane
    @CreatedToDislikeThis - Sane or Naive
    @Vault_Dweller - Sane or Naive

Vault_Dweller about 2 hours ago

Yay, I'm useless!

• mod

Vault_Dweller about 4 hours ago

@Club-Ded - Ok, assuming no-one lied, here is everyone's sanities:
    @dangeRuss - Sane
    @djls45 - Insane
    @RaceProUK - Insane
    @Maciejasjmj - Paranoid
    @Jaloopa - Sane
    @CreatedToDislikeThis - Sane or Naive
    @Vault_Dweller - Sane or Naive

Vault_Dweller about 2 hours ago

Yay, I'm useless!

He's good.

• SockDev

accalia - does the insanity also apply to "cop"/"psychiatrist" results

no. that is not listed in the alteration tables and so is not affected by sanity

Good. Good. I guess we can get some town brownie points by telling them not to reveal the psychiatrist, especially since no one seems to have caught on that they're also role cops.

ara? no....... psych just gets alignments...... otherwise dangeRuss's flip would have peached createdtodislikethis's role too.......

accalia - does the insanity also apply to "cop"/"psychiatrist" results

no. that is not listed in the alteration tables and so is not affected by sanity

Not putting that one in the FAQ thread?

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.