Pecking Order

• I have a question for the forum.

How would you respond if on the first day on the job a senior developer comes to your cube and stands over you saying "You're the new guy. Get ready, cuz now you're my bitch."

How would you respond to that?

Not that I'm speaking from personal experience mind you. I'm talking hypothetically of course. Just wanted to make that clear.

• @CPound said:

I have a question for the forum.

How would you respond if on the first day on the job a senior developer comes to your cube and stands over you saying "You're the new guy. Get ready, cuz now you're my bitch."

Not that I'm speaking from personal experience mind you. I'm talking hypothetically of course. Just wanted to make that clear.

If you think it's a joke, brush it off.  If you don't, complain to HR.  If that doesn't phase anyone, complain to the Bureau of Labor.  You will see results, and you'll either remove one more dumbass from the IT profession - or you'll make a tidy sum off the lawsuit.  Either way it's a good days' work.

• @CPound said:

Id say it sounds like any day in prison.. Where is it you Hypothetically work again..?

• @CPound said:

HAHAHAHA Cpound is getting his just desserts...that's what you get for being a suit and making life unbearable for others. Reap the whirlwind baby! 

• @CPound said:

Well, if he was my boss or manager in any way I would just quit.  Otherwise I'd probably just think it was a joke.

• Depending on whether or not the guy meant that seriously, either just laugh or answer "I'm sorry, I can't chat with you, my contract of employment explicitely says I'm not allowed to talk to assholes".

• @CPound said:

Well that depends... is the guy wearing a suit?

Anyway assuming for a moment that you're actually being serious, I'd treat it entirely as a joke, and until I was sure that it actually was, further interactions with that person would be covertly recorded.