Gprof and Win32 multithreading

• Is there any way to get gprof working with multithreaded Win32 code that uses CreateThread and window procedures? I get gibberish when I try to run it (like 2 function calls in the whole program).

I found a fix for pthreads library (http://sam.zoy.org/writings/programming/gprof.html) and I would probably be able after weeks of struggling to get it to work with Win32. However, I thought maybe someone here has also had a problem with this and had already devised a solution?

• gprof itself is just an output formatter, so theoretically any profiling system that generated gprof input data could work, but for practical purposes: No. The Windows libraries were not compiled with gcc. You can't trace through them.

• I don't really understand that - I want to check which of my own functions takes up the most time. I don't want to profile API calls. Anyway, I'll try to modify the pthreads soultion and check if it works.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.