Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread

• Welcome to Secret Kung Führer

Rules:

1. If by some miracle you’re able to post in this thread and aren’t a living player, do not post and report the situation to me. If you want to comment on the ongoing game or berate a player for being an idiot, PM me to apply to the official peanut gallery.
    2. Important: do not report posts in the thread. There are moderators playing. Contact a site administrator instead
    3. When in doubt, ask questions via PM. I may or may not answer depending on the nature of the question, but you can be sure all communication via chat will be kept private.
    4. Each player should have obtained a role card via PM. The role card contains:
      a. Your flavor role. This is for flavor only and should not be revealed in the game thread, nor roleplayed with. Feel free to roleplay as police deputies instead.
      b. Your party membership, Liberal or Fascist
      c. If you are Fascist and not Hitler, you will have received the names of the other Fascists and Hitler
    5. You are not allowed to quote your Role PM directly, or any other private communication with me for that matter. There will be a publicly visible example of a role card.
    6. Do not edit, bookmark or like posts. You shouldn’t be able to, but if you manage to find a clever way to do it anyway, Club Ded will not be amused.
    7. Do not contact other players or Club Ded members outside of threads marked for this purpose, and do not discuss the game anywhere but in those threads. The Big Brother watches you.
    8. Do not encrypt, obfuscate or alter your posts, or use content which can be altered (outside-hosted images, oneboxes, etc.). Report all posts which infringe this rule via a PM to me.
    9. You have to post in the main thread once every 24 hours. And no, if for some reason I don’t do an attendance count on a given day, you’re not off the hook. Don’t gamble with the GM.
    10. There is no Fascist talk.

As this is very much not Mafia, some game specific rules:

1. I very highly recommend you read the official rules as I will be referring to them.
    2. Do not use @vote. All voting will be conducted by PMing me either "Ja!", "Yes", or "Approve" for approval or "Nein", "No", or "Reject" for rejection of a proposed government
    3. Votes can be changed or retracted by PMing me either "Retract" or "no-vote" until all players have voted. I will post when I have received ~7 and ~9 votes for a proposed government and identify who has and has not voted. Once all players have voted, votes will be revealed to all.
    4. Do not post during legislative session (i.e. the time between a president/chancellor being approved and the public reveal of the policy that was passed
    5. Presidential powers must be used.

Goals:
    Liberals: Enact 5 liberal policies or Kill Hitler
    Fascists: Enact 6 fascist policies or After 3 facist policies have been enacted, elect Hitler as chancellor

Gameplay summary:

1. The current president nominates a Chancellor by stating "I formally nominate X as Chancellor". Players are free to discuss who should be selected as Chancellor, but after this point, the choice cannot be changed. The previous President and Chancellor cannot be chosen as Chancellor
    2. Everyone votes to approve or reject the proposed government.
    3. If the vote succeeds with a majority vote of "Ja!", we enter Legislative Session. Tie votes fail.
      a. If three fascist policies have already been passed, the Chancellor will be revealed as either Hitler (fascists win) or Not Hitler (game continues)
      b. The President Receives the top three cards of the Policy deck and discards one
      c. The Chancellor is passed the remaining cards and discards one
      d. The remaining policy is enacted. If a Fascist policy was enacted, the President uses the power granted.
    4. If the vote fails, the election track advances one. If this is the third failed vote in a row the top card in the policy deck is enacted, ignoring the power if a fascist policy was passed, and everyone becomes eligible to become chancellor again.
    5. If there are less than three cards remaining in the policy deck, the discard pile is shuffled into the deck.
    6. President is passed to the next player in line.

Fascist Power Summary:

1. Investigate: The current president investigates a player by stating "I formally investigate X". They will then receive a reply with that player's Party Membership. Hitler is only revealed as being "Fascist", not as Hitler.
    2. Special Election: The current president chooses the next president. After this president, the order returns back to the originally scheduled next president.
    3. Execute: The current president executes a player by stating "I formally execute X". If X was Hitler, the game is over. Otherwise, the game continues without revealing the Party Membership of the player

Veto:
    After 5 fascist policies have been enacted, a new power becomes unlocked allowing the elected government to discard all three policy tiles that were drawn. More details will be provided if or when this happens. Details are also in the rules.

The rules also contain some good notes on strategy on page 6. I recommend you read them.

There are 6 liberal and 11 fascist polices in the policy deck, making a total of 17 cards in the deck.

By random draw, the presidential order is as follows:
    Maciejasjmj @Maciejasjmjpydsigner @pydsignerdangeRuss @dangeRussheterodox @heterodoxRaceProUK @RaceProUkYamikuronue @Yamikuronuedjls45 @djls45Jaloopa @JaloopaVault_Dweller @Vault_Dweller
    CreatedToDislikeThis @CreatedToDislikeThis

@Mafia-Players The game will begin Tuesday, January 17th @ ~10:30 AM EDT

• Current President: Maciejasjmj @Maciejasjmj

• The HOFF9000 has determined that the best way to settle the dispute on whether to raid Nazi Germany is by playing the game above. If five liberal policies are passed or if we find that Hitler is among us and execute him, then the raid will go on as planned. If six fascist policies are passed, or Hitler gains Chancellor over us after three fascist policies are passed, then the raid will be canceled, and we'll go get some doughnuts

KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD] – [27:35..27:45] 31:03
    — LaserUnicorns

@Mafia-Players Game Start!

• Very well. Let's kill Hitler!

So, uh... who would make a good Chancellor? Anyone wants to start with the campaign?

• @Maciejasjmj said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

Let's kill Hitler!

(or, I guess, try to patiently enforce our liberal worldviews by being careful about who we elect and behaving in the interest of the nation, as that would likely be a less risky and more rational choice. Killing Hitler sounds much more fun, though.)

• Notification Spam Recipient

@Maciejasjmj said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

Anyone wants to start with the campaign?

I unfortunately don't have a campaign to put forward, but I do agree with you that

Killing Hitler sounds much more fun

at least. Is that good enough a reason?

• Well since @Yamikuronue is always scum, she's probably Hitler. So

@vote for @Yamikuronue

Oops, wrong game.

How do we execute Hitler again? We need to get a fascist policy passed and then the president can execute someone. Did I get that right?

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

Typically, you just pick someone the first round. Then you can learn information about them from what they do. It's equivalent to putting pressure on a random person on day 1 in mafia.

@dangeRuss also fuck you :smiley_cat:

• @Yamikuronue said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

It's equivalent to putting pressure on a random person on day 1 in mafia.

Except instead of threatening to kill them, you threaten to... elect them?

That... explains a lot about politics.

• Whatever you do, don't drop your phone, or the future we come back to, may not be the one we remember...

• @dangeRuss @Mafia-Players

Look at the Fascist board. The first two fascist policies passed have the President investigate one player's Party Membership. The third has the president choose the next president, which can be any other player. The fourth and fifth require the president to execute a player. The sixth...

KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD] – [02:59..03:06] 31:03
    — LaserUnicorns

(or, I guess, try to patiently enforce our liberal worldviews by being careful about who we elect and behaving in the interest of the nation, as that would likely be a less risky and more rational choice. Killing Hitler sounds much more fun, though.)

Point of clarification: Am I correct in believing that the President could only gain the power to kill Hitler by enacting fascist policies? If so, I'm more inclined toward the former goal than the latter.

• @heterodox I believe we cross-posted, but in any case that's correct.

• Vote for me as chancellor and I'll build the greatest wall ever, and I'll make Poland pay for it.

• @JazzyJosh said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

@heterodox I believe we cross-posted

OOC: Yeah, we did. I scrolled down to the bottom of the viewport multiple times to see if there were new posts before I replied, but :no_entry_sign: :baby: ignored me and I missed the last 15m of posts.

• @heterodox said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

Point of clarification: Am I correct in believing that the President could only gain the power to kill Hitler by enacting fascist policies? If so, I'm more inclined toward the former goal than the latter.

Indeed. Since us being able to instawin by killing Hitler also means the fascists can instawin by electing him, it's probably not the best idea to push for fascist policies.

We'll have to do this the hard way. We choose to enact liberal policies and win legitimately without resorting to fascist measures, not because it is easy, but because I am hard.

• @dangeRuss said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

and I'll make Poland pay for it.

You do realize the President picks the Chancellor candidate, right? I'm going to say your chances are slim.

Indeed. Since us being able to instawin by killing Hitler also means the fascists can instawin by electing him, it's probably not the best idea to push for fascist policies.

So are you taking back your "Let's kill Hitler!"-- "Killing Hitler sounds much more fun, though." position?

We'll have to do this the hard way. We choose to enact liberal policies and win legitimately without resorting to fascist measures, not because it is easy, but because I am hard.

• @heterodox said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

So are you taking back your "Let's kill Hitler!"-- "Killing Hitler sounds much more fun, though." position?

I am still of the opinion that it sounds more fun. It doesn't mean it's a good play.

:giggity:

@dangeRuss said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

You do realize the President picks the Chancellor candidate, right? I'm going to say your chances are slim.

Perhaps the next president will be more sympathetic to all these good german jobs being lost to all these undocumented immigrants.

Perhaps the next president will be more sympathetic to all these good german jobs being lost to all these undocumented immigrants.

Oooh, not a big fan of Slavs, are you? Do I feel some... concern about the purity of the Aryan nation, mister @dangeRuss?

Oooh, not a big fan of Slavs, are you? Do I feel some... concern about the purity of the Aryan nation, mister @dangeRuss?

I have no problem with Slavs, I just think they should come here legally, like the rest of us.

Plus Slavs are technically Aryan aren't they?

Nice try. But you're still not getting your Lebensraum.

Nice try. But you're still not getting your Lebensraum.

Well where do you propose we settle the overflow of German people and how do we feed them? I don't need to tell you we haven't been doing so well since WWI.

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

Let's kill Hitler!

Not just more fun, but from what I've heard, our liberal policy writers were a lot less prolific than their fascist counterparts. About the time we would reach 4 liberal policies we'd be in grave danger of not having any liberal policies to choose from at all. So while we'd be foolish to purposely enact fascist policies unless we are absolutely certain who among us is secretly Hitler, we should be prepared for the almost inevitable situation where we'll be taking potshots in parliment.

Well I come from good immigrant blood so there's that, but my family left Germany. Wow the election laws are wierd around here. I guess that's the only way we'd be concerned about some Austrian taking charge though.

• @pydsigner said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

I guess that's the only way we'd be concerned about some Austrian taking charge though.

Hey, I'd totally vote for Ahnold.

• kills Dumbledore

So ideally, we need to try and get a good idea who Hitler is, then go a little bit facist so we can kill him, yes?

We can even elect him if we've stayed fairly liberal

So, any nominations?

• SockDev

I'm putting myself forward as candidate, and will soon be publishing my manifesto.

OOC: I'm just posting to confirm I'm actually playing :slight_smile:

• @Jaloopa said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

So ideally, we need to try and get a good idea who Hitler is, then go a little bit facist so we can kill him, yes?
    We can even elect him if we've stayed fairly liberal

Don't think so. Finding Hitler will itself be hard, since he's going to play very liberal - and that means he has good chances to be elected chancellor. Which is only mildly problematic if we don't pass fascist policies, and very problematic if we do.

Passing fascist policies voluntarily is pretty much kicking the ball into our own goal - sure, we get the investigation or whatever, but it bring us this much closer to losing, and the fascists are probably going to get quite a few of their policies passed without our input.

Finding Hitler will itself be hard, since he's going to play very liberal

Well, he will now.

• @Yamikuronue said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

Finding Hitler will itself be hard, since he's going to play very liberal

Well, he will now.

OOC: It's literally the strategy from the rulebook. I can't even claim credit for that.

• Sounds like a win/win situation to me: Kill Hitler or get doughnuts.
    Maybe we could get doughnuts after we kill Hitler, in which case it would be a win/win/double-win situation. :D

I think it's mainly up to Maciej who to choose for his running mate. We have to remember, there's still the randomness of the stack of policies for each agenda.

• Well I've already put my name forward. I shall make zis country great again.

So, @Maciejasjmj, are you still waiting for someone to check in, or are you ready to choose a chancellor?

• @pydsigner said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

Not just more fun, but from what I've heard, our liberal policy writers were a lot less prolific than their fascist counterparts.

Correct, and something important I forgot to mention from the rules.

There are 6 liberals policies and 11 fascist policies in the deck for a total of 17.

• @Vault_Dweller said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

So, @Maciejasjmj, are you still waiting for someone to check in, or are you ready to choose a chancellor?

Since picking a chancellor takes us straight into voting without a chance to change the pick, and after the vote we immediately get the legislative session, perhaps we should let people either make a case for themselves, or propose a candidate?

Since it's the first day and we don't know much, my (unofficial) proposal is @Yamikuronue. I don't get much of a scummy vibe from her for now (although she's been rather quiet), and I feel we should start with strong-ish players to get a feel as to what faction they could be in.

So! @Maciejasjmj / @Yamikuronue 1945 - making (whatever country we're in) great again and TV news anchors' break their tongues! Discuss.

although she's been rather quiet

OOC: I'm in training today, paying less attention than usual. Three sessions left after this >.>

@Maciejasjmj It's the first day so theres not much to go on. I therefore find no objection with your pick

• The rules are kinda complex to wrap your head around, but I tend to prefer safe play by enacting liberal policies as well - I'm not entirely sure how we're supposed to figure out who hitler is, anyway. (Unless @dangeRuss is claiming?!)

@pydsigner said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

Not just more fun, but from what I've heard, our liberal policy writers were a lot less prolific than their fascist counterparts. About the time we would reach 4 liberal policies we'd be in grave danger of not having any liberal policies to choose from at all. So while we'd be foolish to purposely enact fascist policies unless we are absolutely certain who among us is secretly Hitler, we should be prepared for the almost inevitable situation where we'll be taking potshots in parliment.

Something to keep in mind, however, is that if we purposely enact fascist policies, we'd get to reap their benefits. If the fascists enact them - they get to reap their benefits (e.g. lie to us about someone's alignment).

(Of course, "we get to reap their benefits" is only true if we actually trust the president to be a liberal!)

On more earthly matters, I'm fine with Yami as the first chancellor.

• @CreatedToDislikeThis said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

The rules are kinda complex to wrap your head around, but I tend to prefer safe play by enacting liberal policies as well - I'm not entirely sure how we're supposed to figure out who hitler is, anyway. (Unless @dangeRuss is claiming?!)

If I'm claiming anybody, it's Donald Drumpf

@pydsigner said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

Something to keep in mind, however, is that if we purposely enact fascist policies, we'd get to reap their benefits. If the fascists enact them - they get to reap their benefits (e.g. lie to us about someone's alignment).

(Of course, "we get to reap their benefits" is only true if we actually trust the president to be a liberal!)

On more earthly matters, I'm fine with Yami as the first chancellor.

Well other than @Yamikuronue always being scum, I don't really have any hard evidence one way or another this early in the day, so I'm fine with her as the chancellor too.

• kills Dumbledore

With no information on anyone, I'm not going to vote against any proposal

• So there's no concept of days. What's stopping someone from just not responding and delaying the game forever?

• The 24 hour rule? Basic human decency?
    We generally seem pretty good at seeing the game through here (unlike mafiascum which commonly introduces replacements of replacements of replacements). (One could characterize this quality less positively, though)

• I'd rather not have to introduce time limits. If it becomes a problem and the game isn't moving along I will introduce them.

For now, I'll just suggest there be a day or so of discussion for most things as we start out, increasing in the later rounds. Legislative session should only take a couple of hours, however, because it should not take very long to make your decision.

• So that makes me, Yami, VD, Created, dangeRuss and Jaloopa okay with @Yamikuronue. Yay, popular support!

@pydsigner @heterodox @RaceProUK and @djls45 - any objections, or can we get started?

• SockDev

Files her candidacy away for the next election cycle.

• Now that I think about it, we should also establish who to investigate in case the fascist policy gets passed. @pydsigner, as the next candidate? @dangeRuss, for his noticeably... conservative tendencies?

@Maciejasjmj If a fascist policy do get passed it is highly likely that either you or @Yamikuronue is a fascist (or both). I would then suggest you investigate her. If you are the fascist it really doesn't matter who you investigate, as you will just give us the result that is the best for you. If you are liberal then chances are extremely likely she's the fascist.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.