• Role Cards!

NOTE THAT YOUR ROLE IS PURELY FLAVOR AND SHOULD NOT BE REVEALED

Your role: Kung Fury

Background: The ultimate master of Kung Fu
    KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD] – [02:56..05:20] 31:03
    — LaserUnicorns

Your Party Membership: Liberal
    Your Goal: Enact 5 liberal policies or Kill Hitler

• Found a bug. Yay! I'll make those posts separate I guess.

NOTE THAT YOUR ROLE IS PURELY FLAVOR AND SHOULD NOT BE REVEALED

Your role: Triceracop

Background: You're Kung Fury's new partner
    KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD] – [06:40..07:17] 31:03
    — LaserUnicorns

• NOTE THAT YOUR ROLE IS PURELY FLAVOR AND SHOULD NOT BE REVEALED

Your role: Hackerman

Background: The most powerful hacker of all time
    KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD] – [08:09..08:32] 31:03
    — LaserUnicorns

Your role: Barbarianna

Background: A Viking Wolf-Rider
    KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD] – [12:50..13:20] 31:03
    — LaserUnicorns

Your role: Katana

Background: A Viking Warrior
    KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD] – [13:25..13:57] 31:03
    — LaserUnicorns

Your role: Thor, Son of Odin

Background: What? You haven't heard of Norse mythology?
    KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD] – [14:05..15:31] 31:03
    — LaserUnicorns

Your role: Private Lahmstache

Background: You have a lame moustache. You should probably shave it.
    KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD] – [16:22..17:32] 31:03
    — LaserUnicorns

Your Party Membership: Fascist
    Your fellow Fascists are: @dangeRuss @Yamikuronue
    Hitler is: @Vault_Dweller
    Remember that Hitler does not know who the fascists are!

Your Goal: Enact 6 fascist policies or after 3 fascist policies have been enacted, elect Hitler as Chancellor

Your role: Colonel Reichstache

Background: You have a true Aryan moustache.
    KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD] – [16:22..17:32] 31:03
    — LaserUnicorns

Your fellow Fascists are: @CreatedToDislikeThis @Yamikuronue

Your Goal: Enact 6 fascist policies or after 3 fascist policies have been enacted, elect Hitler as Chancellor

Your role: Laser Raptor

Backgound: You're a raptor with the ability to shoot lasers from your eyes. You lived in the Viking age.
    KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD] – [12:20..12:50] 31:03
    — LaserUnicorns

Your fellow Fascists are: @CreatedToDislikeThis @dangeRuss

Your role: Adolf Hitler a.k.a. Kung Führer

Background: You heard of the ancient prophecy of Kung Fury and are determined to become it.
    KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD] – [08:34..09:45] 31:03
    — LaserUnicorns

Your Goal: Enact 6 fascist policies or after 3 fascist policies become elected as Chancellor

• I'll take no one posting that they can see this thread as evidence that they can't see it.

Are you here vote?

President order:

@vote shuffle CreatedToDislikeThis dangeRuss dijls45 heterodox Jaloopa Maciejasjmj pydsigner RaceProUk Vault_Dweller Yamikuronue

• shuffling: CreatedToDislikeThis, dangeRuss, dijls45, heterodox, Jaloopa, Maciejasjmj, pydsigner, RaceProUk, Vault_Dweller, Yamikuronue...

Maciejasjmj, pydsigner, dangeRuss, heterodox, RaceProUk, Yamikuronue, dijls45, Jaloopa, Vault_Dweller, CreatedToDislikeThis

• Shuffling the roles

@vote shuffle KungFury Barbarianna Triceracop Hackerman Katana Thor Lahmstache Reichstache Raptor Hitler

@vote shuffle CreatedToDislikeThis dangeRuss dijls45 heterodox Jaloopa Maciejasjmj pydsigner RaceProUk Vault_Dweller Yamikuronue

• shuffling: KungFury, Barbarianna, Triceracop, Hackerman, Katana, Thor, Lahmstache, Reichstache, Raptor, Hitler...

Hitler, Katana, Reichstache, KungFury, Raptor, Barbarianna, Hackerman, Thor, Triceracop, Lahmstache

shuffling: CreatedToDislikeThis, dangeRuss, dijls45, heterodox, Jaloopa, Maciejasjmj, pydsigner, RaceProUk, Vault_Dweller, Yamikuronue...

Vault_Dweller, Maciejasjmj, dangeRuss, dijls45, Yamikuronue, pydsigner, Jaloopa, heterodox, RaceProUk, CreatedToDislikeThis

• sockdevs

@JazzyJosh said in Secret Kung Führer - Club Ded:

I'll take no one posting that they can see this thread as evidence that they can't see it.

i can see it, but was distracted by boobies on monitor number two.

..... sorry......

• @accalia I meant the players :)

Well, that's an interesting pattern for the spreadsheet

Shuffling the policy deck

@vote shuffle L L L L L L F F F F F F F F F F F

• shuffling: L, L, L, L, L, L, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F...

L, L, F, L, F, F, F, F, F, L, F, L, L, F, F, F, F

• Welcome to Secret Kung Führer

Rules:

1. If by some miracle you’re able to post in this thread and aren’t a living player, do not post and report the situation to me. If you want to comment on the ongoing game or berate a player for being an idiot, PM me to apply to the official peanut gallery.
    2. Important: do not report posts in the thread. There are moderators playing. Contact a site administrator instead
    3. When in doubt, ask questions via PM. I may or may not answer depending on the nature of the question, but you can be sure all communication via chat will be kept private.
    4. Each player should have obtained a role card via PM. The role card contains:
      a. Your flavor role. This is for flavor only and should not be revealed in the game thread, nor roleplayed with.
      b. Your party membership, Liberal or Fascist
      c. If you are Fascist and not Hitler, you will have received the names of the other Fascists and Hitler
    5. You are not allowed to quote your Role PM directly, or any other private communication with me for that matter. There will be a publicly visible example of a role card.
    6. Do not edit, bookmark or like posts. You shouldn’t be able to, but if you manage to find a clever way to do it anyway, Club Ded will not be amused.
    7. Do not contact other players or Club Ded members outside of threads marked for this purpose, and do not discuss the game anywhere but in those threads. The Big Brother watches you.
    8. Do not encrypt, obfuscate or alter your posts, or use content which can be altered (outside-hosted images, oneboxes, etc.). Report all posts which infringe this rule via a PM to me.
    9. You have to post in the main thread once every 24 hours. And no, if for some reason I don’t do an attendance count on a given day, you’re not off the hook. Don’t gamble with the GM.
    10. There is no Fascist talk.

As this is very much not Mafia, some game specific rules:

1. I very highly recommend you read the official rules as I will be referring to them.
    2. Do not use @vote. All voting will be conducted by PMing me either "Ja!", "Yes", or "Approve" for approval or "Nein", "No", or "Reject" for rejection of a proposed government
    3. Votes can be changed or retracted by PMing me either "Retract" or "no-vote" until all players have voted. I will post when I have received ~7 and ~9 votes for a proposed government and identify who has and has not voted. Once all players have voted, their votes will be revealed to all.
    4. Do not post during legislative session (i.e. the time between a president/chancellor being approved and the public reveal of the policy that was passed
    5. Presidential powers must be used.

Goals:
    Liberals: Enact 5 liberal policies or Kill Hitler
    Fascists: Enact 6 fascist policies or After 3 facist policies have been enacted, elect Hitler as chancellor

Gameplay summary:

1. The current president nominates a Chancellor by stating "I formally nominate X as Chancellor". Players are free to discuss who should be selected as Chancellor, but after this point, the choice cannot be changed. The previous President and Chancellor cannot be chosen as Chancellor
    2. Everyone votes to approve or reject the proposed government.
    3. If the vote succeeds with a majority vote of "Ja!", we enter Legislative Session. Tie votes fail.
      a. If three fascist policies have already been passed, the Chancellor will be revealed as either Hitler (fascists win) or Not Hitler (game continues)
      b. The President Receives the top three cards of the Policy deck and discards one
      c. The Chancellor is passed the remaining cards and discards one
      d. The remaining policy is enacted. If a Fascist policy was enacted, the President uses the power granted.
    4. If the vote fails, the election track advances one. If this is the third failed vote in a row the top card in the policy deck is enacted, ignoring the power if a fascist policy was passed, and everyone becomes eligible to become chancellor again.
    5. If there are less than three cards remaining in the policy deck, the discard pile is shuffled into the deck.
    6. President is passed to the next player in line.

Fascist Power Summary:

1. Investigate: The current president investigates a player by stating "I formally investigate X". They will then receive a reply with that player's Party Membership. Hitler is only revealed as being "Fascist", not as Hitler.
    2. Special Election: The current president chooses the next president. After this president, the order returns back to the originally scheduled next president.
    3. Execute: The current president executes a player by stating "I formally execute X". If X was Hitler, the game is over. Otherwise, the game continues without revealing the Party Membership of the player

Veto:
    After 5 fascist policies have been enacted, a new power becomes unlocked allowing the elected government to discard all three policy tiles that were drawn. More details will be provided if or when this happens. Details are also in the rules.

The rules also contain some good notes on strategy on page 6. I recommend you read them.

By random draw, the presidential order is as follows:
    Maciejasjmj ➞ pydsigner ➞ dangeRuss ➞ heterodox ➞ RaceProUk ➞ Yamikuronue ➞ dijls45 ➞ Jaloopa ➞ Vault_Dweller ➞ CreatedToDislikeThis ⟲

• I miss anything?

• @boomzilla Embed links are broken in chats and don't link to the video start/stop like the ones in this thread do.

• @ben_lubar Am I also not supposed to be able to edit posts in the thread? I'm actually showing no mod tools on posts at all, just on the thread itself.

• @JazzyJosh said in Secret Kung Führer - Club Ded:

@boomzilla Embed links are broken in chats and don't link to the video start/stop like the ones in this thread do.

Hmm...looks like maybe it would need to add a hook for filter:messaging.parse.

• @JazzyJosh said in Secret Kung Führer - Club Ded:

@ben_lubar Am I also not supposed to be able to edit posts in the thread? I'm actually showing no mod tools on posts at all, just on the thread itself.

Those are hidden via CSS, but you're allowed to do it still.

• @dangeRuss said

I'm pretty sure the bot is biased now. @yami and @vault scum again? What are the chances?

• sockdevs

@JazzyJosh said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

we'll go get some doughnuts

0_1484667349482_upload-54a8576f-0035-4f59-a4e1-a90c14e31384

• sockdevs

• sockdevs

@Yamikuronue said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

@dangeRuss also fuck you :smiley_cat:

do you want the purple strap on or the spiked metal one that's welded onto the business end of a Sawz-All?

• Voting template to enhance ability to be lazy:

Player Vote Status
    CreatedToDislikeThis @CreatedToDislikeThis Not Voted
    dangeRuss @dangeRuss Not Voted
    djls45 @djls45 Not Voted
    heterodox @heterodox Not Voted
    Jaloopa @Jaloopa Not Voted
    Maciejasjmj @Maciejasjmj Not Voted
    pydsigner @pydsigner Not Voted
    RaceProUK @RaceProUK Not Voted
    Vault_Dweller @Vault_Dweller Not Voted
    Yamikuronue @Yamikuronue Not Voted

• @Maciejasjmj said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

not because it is easy, but because I am hard.

:neutral_face: :giggity:

• @CreatedToDislikeThis said about an hour ago

@ClubDed - I'm not sure what @dangeRuss is trying to do, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna backfire.

• @djls45 said:

Since you have the shuffled deck of policy cards, what would be the outcome if we stalemated every single time, triggering the shakeup and automatically passing the top policy from the deck? I've just been working on the probabilities for drawings and I'm curious whether the liberals or fascists would happen to win in that situation. It might be interesting to note in Club Ded. (Of course, actually giving me that answer now could interfere with the game.)

Why, let's look at the deck...

Fascist

• @JazzyJosh

As for the math, isn't it just choosing 5 liberals before 6 fascists:
    (6 C 5) * (11 c 5)/(17 c 10) so Wolfram Alpha says 63/442 or about 14.2% chance of topdecking a liberal win.

• @RaceProUK said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

@JazzyJosh It strikes me as a bit odd that the candidates can vote for themselves, but if that's the rules, then them's the rules.

I'm not going to answer this in the thread, but considering there's 4 fascists if president and chancellor couldn't vote for themselves then the fascists could block every dual liberal government with a tie

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

Oh crap, libs are screwed, Yami's scum.

• @CreatedToDislikeThis said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

@djls45 said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

@CreatedToDislikeThis So if we do get to the point of 5 liberal policies, we'll quick pass several fascist policies as we try to dig through the deck to find those last two, eventually leaving just the veto if we get to that point.

The veto could indeed give us a cushion against bad FFF luck if it ever gets to this point (though not a perfect cushion as the election tracker still advances on veto).
    Of course, at this point, we're in danger from Hitler...

Secret hitler may be more heavily based on deduction than mafia, but it's also more heavily based on luck.

I had to join Club Ded just to :facepalm: over the sheer amount of overthink that people have been doing as far as the probabilities of the policy deck.

I learned this game in meatspace over New Year's Eve, and we got the learning and two 6 player games in within less than 90 minutes. Granted, there's a little more "involved" with more players, since there are some extra Presidential Features with earlier Fascist policies. But cripes, guys, you're guaranteed that the Policy Deck will shuffle, since there's only 5 sets of policies (plus 2 extra cards) in the starting deck.

Also, my understanding of the rules for the veto were:

• Electing a government immediately reset the "failed to create government" counter
    • Vetoing a policy adds 1 to the "failed to create government" counter, but after it had been reset
    • So, effectively, after a Veto, you have 2 attempts to form another government and draw policy cards (instead of the 3 you would have after passing a policy), but you could theoretically Veto indefinitely, as long as you have the ability to keep approving governments that agree to Veto, without getting a random enactment.

Assuming we were playing correctly, it might be worth providing some clarification around the veto in the game thread - it wasn't obvious to me as a first timer that it worked that way, and it looks to me like some of the people in the thread are interpreting "veto advances fail counter" as "veto is the same as not forming a government at all - three straight vetos gets us a random policy"

• @JazzyJosh
    I think you also need to consider chances of getting 5L+4F, 5L+3F, etc.

• @Jaloopa said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

I just wish @polygeekery and @boomzilla were playing so we could see them profess to be as liberal as the day is long

:rofl:

• @Jaloopa said in Secret Kung Führer - Game Thread:

I just wish @polygeekery and @boomzilla were playing so we could see them profess to be as liberal as the day is long

I play through alt accounts only.

• @izzion said in Secret Kung Führer - Club Ded:

learned this game in meatspace over New Year's Eve, and we got the learning and two 6 player games in within less than 90 minutes. Granted, there's a little more "involved" with more players, since there are some extra Presidential Features with earlier Fascist policies. But cripes, guys, you're guaranteed that the Policy Deck will shuffle, since there's only 5 sets of policies (plus 2 extra cards) in the starting deck.

In person games like this are quick and you're not afraid to just go for it and learn from a game or two. Games here are slower due to the nature of a forum and a global player pool and you're only going to play once before the next game starts so it makes sense to try to analyze the game a bit more.

That said...I've started to barely skim those posts.

• Vault_Dweller about 5 hours ago

This is a pre-emptive "Ja!", as I may be away for a while and don't really care who @pydsigner chooses

Really, I should enforce waiting but this early in the game it doesn't really matter.

• @izzion What's not included is the chance of getting 6 liberals and 4 fascists in the first 10 cards, so the chance is slightly higher. And I'm sure to be messing up that as well. I'm definitely double counting those situations you point out, which will make the chance lower. Random guess is 12-13% then

• @JazzyJosh
    No, it should make the chance higher.

6c5 * 11c5 / 17c10 + 6c5 * 11c4 / 17c9 + 6c5 * 11c3 / 17c8 ...

• Well, to post in the correct thread

CreatedToDislikeThis 32 minutes ago

NOPE

CreatedToDislikeThis 24 minutes ago

Actually, I'm not sure I want to be seen as voted yet
    If I retract my vote, will it be possible to distinguish this event from not voting at all?
    If so, let the vote stay. Otherwise, please retract it for the time being.
    Actually, forget it - let the vote say
    To reconfirm:
    NOPE
    </classic created indecisiveness>

CreatedToDislikeThis 3 minutes ago

Actually no
    RETRACT / NO-VOTE
    I never voted

JazzyJosh about a minute ago

ffs
    I'll let it pass, as I was just now reading this
    But in the future, be more careful
    Also this is 100% going in Club Ded

CreatedToDislikeThis less than a minute ago

Alright :(

• Anyway, my other post asked if @Mafia-Club-Ded could give some input. I didn't note in the rules if votes swaps and retractions were going to be noted, since I was going to just post summaries, but at an actual table you would be able to see the swaps.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.