When proof reading goes wrong.

• Spotted in an article about a pilot showing up for work drunk...

Now, I s'pose there's differing limits based on how the sample is taken (breathalyzer v.s. blood sample), but you'd think they'd insert a line or two talking about that.

• @MarcB said:

Spotted in an article about a pilot showing up for work drunk...

Now, I s'pose there's differing limits based on how the sample is taken (breathalyzer v.s. blood sample), but you'd think they'd insert a line or two talking about that.

theres also the matter with the sentence "for an aircraft is 9 micrograms" cause you then put the limit on the Aircraft not the pilot

• no, the limit is on driving an aircraft, just like it was driving a car.  Furthermore the first paragraph is talking about breath and the second clearly talking about blood.  

• The legal limit for driving a car is 35 micrograms and for an aircraft is nine micrograms, [b]the jury were told[/b]

You trusted a lawyer? 

• [b]the jury were told y'all.[/b]

What? Someone had to be thinking it too... 

• @tster said:

no, the limit is on driving an aircraft, just like it was driving a car.  Furthermore the first paragraph is talking about breath and the second clearly talking about blood.  

I guess the title of the thread held true after all.

And now, the only thing that can save this thread:

• Oh, and I like how Steeldragon managed to tag his post under "grammer errors" (sic).  I'll be paying special attention to that category in the future.

• @vt_mruhlin said:

The legal limit for driving a car is 35 micrograms and for an aircraft is nine micrograms, [b]the jury were told[/b]

You trusted a lawyer? 

How do you know it wasn't an expert witness? 

• @Pap said:

@tster said:
    no, the limit is on driving an aircraft, just like it was driving a car. Furthermore the first paragraph is talking about breath and the second clearly talking about blood.

I guess the title of the thread held true after all.

And now, the only thing that can save this thread:

I completely missed the grammatical error! 

• Maybe if you have more than 9 but less than 20 micrograms, you're allowed to fly the plane but someone else has to taxi it to/from the gate.  You know, like if you let your kid drive on the street but not park the car afterward because they might hit the garage.

• If you do what I do, and miss the part about it being a pilot, then this is pretty funny. I thought it was just some guy, possibly a janitor, who showed up drunk, and for some reason they cared about the legal limit for flying a plane. THAT would be a WTF :)