McDonalds - awesome comedy material.

• Head over to http://www.makeupyourownmind.co.uk , go into Your Questions > Questions answered, and have a search around for questions people have asked of McDonalds, and their replies.

There's some real comedy gold in there, for example people asking if the milkshakes contains cow lips or chicken hooves, or if the burgers contain vagina meat. So many people blatantly taking the proverbial piss, yet they're answering them all as if they're proper questions.

If your sense of humour is as twisted as mine, do not read in a crowded office - you'll have a whole lot of explaining to do when you start rolling around on the floor laughing. Of course, if you're "a suit" you'll just look on blankly wondering what I find so funny...

Alternatively, it's just interesting reading.

• I realize that the people are attempting to jerk McDonald's around, but the cow hooves in the shakes isn't quite as far fetched as you might imagine.  Gelatin can be used as a thickening agent, and that is often made by rendering cow hooves.  Some super strict vegetarians won't eat gelatin or food containing gelatin because of this fact.

• @sinistral said:

I realize that the people are attempting to jerk McDonald's around, but the cow hooves in the shakes isn't quite as far fetched as you might imagine.  Gelatin can be used as a thickening agent, and that is often made by rendering cow hooves.  Some super strict vegetarians won't eat gelatin or food containing gelatin because of this fact.

I thought most gelatin was made from rendering pig. The muslims I know will only buy jello, marshmallows, etc, from the arabic stores because the products that contain gelatin there are processed from cow.

Then again, I'm not a gelatin expert.

• @webzter said:

@sinistral said:

I realize that the people are attempting to jerk McDonald's around, but the cow hooves in the shakes isn't quite as far fetched as you might imagine.  Gelatin can be used as a thickening agent, and that is often made by rendering cow hooves.  Some super strict vegetarians won't eat gelatin or food containing gelatin because of this fact.

I thought most gelatin was made from rendering pig. The muslims I know will only buy jello, marshmallows, etc, from the arabic stores because the products that contain gelatin there are processed from cow.

They use whatever they have available. Mostly it's pigs and cows, skins and bones - these things don't have any other real use after you've taken all the meat for food, and we need huge quantities of gelatin, so they just use them all. (Cow hide from cattle reared for beef production is usually no good for making leather; wrong kind of cows)

Hooves are not normally used. The mass of hooves is too small to be worthwhile (and you can't just toss them into the skin/bone processing systems). I'm not entirely sure, but I think cow hooves are just discarded since they don't really contain any useful materials. Just because it's possible to make things from them doesn't mean that it's economically viable to mass-produce them.

• The question about what the emplyees [sic] did to grandmother's milkshake is Not Safe For Work, or suitable for children to read.  [sings:] McDonald's is my kind of place.  It's such a happy place.  Hap hap hap happy place...