25 + 74 = 100

• The title says it all really.

I recently logged in to my user account on Yahoo! Answers and it said that 25% of my total (104) answers were "Best answers" and 74% were "Other".
    Whats worse is that it has actually said that for a while now, and it hadnt even clicked until now.

25 + 74 = 100

• 27/104*100 = 25.9....% - stupid rounding

• haha this site is great!

onetime3…>

Where can I learn how to do web design and program design?

tster>

college 

• The third column, 'pretty-good-but-not-the-best-but-still-not-bad', was dropped as a feature during QA and just whacked out by the UI designer. Unfortunately, no one opened a change request for the developer to go back and modify the math. So, your 1% is allocated to the 'pretty-good-but-not-the-best-but-still-not-bad' bucket; it's just not displayed.

• Clearly, the missing % is the FILE_NOT_FOUND category.

• Rounding issues are nothing. Look at how screwy JavaScript is:

0/0 evaluates to NaN
    1/0 evaluates to Infinity
    Infinity/0 evaluates to Infinity

• What's screwy is that it doesn't give a divide by zero error.

• It's calculating in floating point, you never get divide by 0 errors in floating point. The results are also correct.

• You do get divide by zero errors in other languages...

• @Spacecoyote said:

You do get divide by zero errors in other languages...

That doesn't mean that this language is wrong. It also doesn't mean that other languages are wrong. It's a meaningful decision on how to treat the values. 

• @sycro said:

@Spacecoyote said:

You do get divide by zero errors in other languages...

That doesn't mean that this language is wrong. It also doesn't mean that other languages are wrong. It's a meaningful decision on how to treat the values. 

That's true. Any real number divided by 0 is undefined and large enough to be incredibly as close to infinity as you can get. Also a number divided by infinity is undefined and can be treated as zero. NaN Infinity means it is not a number and it's a very big not number. In simplistic terms.

By the way, VB is a beer, not a programming language.

• 25 + 74 = 100...

...for sufficiently large values of  25 and 74.

Ironically, that variation on an old joke probably is what happened here.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.