Mafia XII - Main thread

• Impossible Mission - B

Rules

1. If by some miracle you’re able to post in this thread and aren’t a living player, do not post and report the situation to me. If you want to comment on the ongoing game or berate a player for being an idiot, PM me to apply for Club Ded

2. Important: do not report posts in any faction/private thread. There are moderators playing, and reporting a post makes it visible to them regardless of permissions. Summon one of the site administrators instead.

3. When in doubt, ask questions via your role card chat. I may or may not answer depending on the nature of the question, but you can be sure all communication via chat will be kept private.

4. You are not allowed to quote your Role PM directly, or any other private communication with me for that matter. You can paraphrase it, you can make things up about your role, you can invent a role, but you can’t post a quote from your role card.

5. You’re heavily encouraged to save your Role PM outside of the chat. NodeBB’s private messaging system is… not suited for long-time storage.

6. This is a full reveal game. A full role PM will be revealed upon death unless otherwise specified, and the GM will not lie to you, deceive you, give you up, let you down, run around and desert you.

7. You can quit the game at any time, either by PM or by public announcement. Abuse of this mechanism to gain advantage will have severe consequences.

8. Do not edit, bookmark or like posts. You shouldn’t be able to, but if you manage to find a clever way to do it anyway, Club Ded will not be amused.

9. Do not contact other players or Club Ded members outside of threads marked for this purpose, and do not discuss the game anywhere but in those threads.

10. Do not encrypt, obfuscate or alter your posts, or use content which can be altered (outside-hosted images, oneboxes, etc.). Report (via your role card chat) all posts which infringe this rule.

GamePlay Rules

1. Mafia do NOT have daytalk in this game.

2. You may choose your target for your night action during the day phase if you wish. Doing so will register your intent to use your action against that target the next night. You may change your mind on who you want to target as often as you wish

• Impossible Mission - B

This will be a bot assisted game, Please see below for the syntax for managing your votes and for querying information about the current game.

Vote: @vote for @player or !vote @player
    Unvote: @vote unvote, !unvote @player
    No Lynch: @vote no-lynch or !no-lynch
    List votes: @vote list-votes or !list-votes
    Show living players: @vote list-players or !list-players
    Show all players: @vote list-all-players or !list-all-players
    Note that MafiaBot commands must be on their own lines. Commands on the same line as other text will either be ignored or incorrectly processed.

• Impossible Mission - B

“Welcome aboard Flight MH370! We hope you enjoy your time with us!” Little did you know that you had just set your feet on solid ground for the last time.

Fast forward a few hours, and you are standing in what looks like the entrance to a small town, only with way more clouds. You suddenly hear a Voice from somewhere.

“Welcome to Limbo! This is the first stop to your new life, or afterlife, as it were. You will be staying here for a while before it is decided where you will end up. How does this work, you ask? Well there are more places than just heaven and hell. To be more specific, there are different versions of heaven, depending on your religion. There is even a heaven for atheists, but I won’t go into the details, it gets a bit complicated. Hell is only reserved for special people, among other fanatics, which brings me to our current situation.”

“The good news is that the allocation process is fairly standard and usually doesn’t take long. The bad news is… some of the terrorists on board your flight, which were obviously fanatics, are amongst you and, after realizing that they weren’t going to get their 72 virgins they were promised, they have sabotaged the whole allocation process. We are at the moment working on sorting it out. However, it seems that we are unable to do anything about it while they are present. We also have no idea how to identify them. The situation as it is, it is unfortunately up to you to identify these terrorists and help us banish them to the Sixth Circle of Hell, before they have a chance to do the same to you.”

“In the meantime, we have prepared some lovely accommodation for you here in Limbo. We hope you enjoy your time with us!”

It is now Day. Day 1 will end at 14:00 CAT on Friday 4 November

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

Limbo eh? Well, it could be worse. It could also be better. I guess that's the point of limbo

Who else is here? I didn't pay any attention to my fellow passengers, I was too busy reading the in flight magazine

• Impossible Mission - B

Should probably have tested the bot first

!list-players

• mod

!list-players

• mod

@vote list-players

• Player List

Living:

• djls45
    • Yamikuronue
    • abarker
    • Jaloopa
    • ChaosTheEternal
    • pydsigner
    • Angelsbreath
    • CreatedToDislikeThis
    • dangeRuss

Mod(s):

• Vault_Dweller

• mod

I'll go make him watch the thread and then I'm driving into work and then I'll be ready to play :D

• So I fall out of one incompetent bureaucratic nightmare straight into the next one, eh?

I guess it'll be up to us to find the terrorists, heaven forbid heaven will give us some help here.
    Maybe we can help fix up the 'whole allocation process' afterwards. God only knows we won't be going anywhere otherwise. That's figurative, I somehow doubt God is allowed to know in this environment.

I guess I'll go find those accommodations of theirs. From what I see over here, I don't have much hope for 5 star hotels...

• mod

Yamiko smooths down her charcoal-grey pencil skirt, removing her matching blazer; the plane was always too cold for her tastes, but this place seemed a bit warmer now that they've deplaned. She loops the blazer over one arm, fixing the hem of her scarlet blouse before looking around. Perfect. Everything must be perfect about her appearance, from her oxfords to her short, neat bob.

Terrorism? Limbo? For Christ's sake, I have to be in New York in an hour. Where's my connection?

@Yamikuronue I don't think we need connections where we're going

• mod

@Jaloopa I don't have time for this!

Look, if catching these terrorists -- which, by the way, is the police's job, what are my taxes paying for? -- will get me to New York faster, then let's get started. Who saw something?

• @Yamikuronue said in Mafia XII - Main thread:

@Jaloopa I don't have time for this!

Look, if catching these terrorists -- which, by the way, is the police's job, what are my taxes paying for? -- will get me to New York faster, then let's get started. Who saw something?

There aren't any police here, there aren't. Maybe some angels, but I don't think we're going to see an angel until we've passed on to either above or below.

@dangeRuss said in Mafia XII - Main thread:

There aren't any police here, there aren't

If we're lucky, there was an air marshal on the flight. I wouldn't expect them to know anything yet though

• mod

@dangeRuss Then what am I paying my GCT for every year! Honestly.

GCT

Global Container Terminals? Were you smuggling something on this flight?

• mod

@dangeRuss General corporation tax. Though, speaking of smuggling, did you see anything suspicious during the flight?

@Yamikuronue said in Mafia XII - Main thread:

@dangeRuss General corporation tax. Though, speaking of smuggling, did you see anything suspicious during the flight?

Were you asleep through the whole bit where the fanatics were running around screaming about how the Spaghetti Monster would embrace them for their sacrifice? Or when they shot up the crew cabin? I always knew those earplugs they handed out would lead to trouble....

• mod

@pydsigner I was in first class. Was this in economy?

Well considering they got into the cockpit, I would assume you would see them in first class.

What I saw of it, yes.

Well considering they got into the cockpit, I would assume you would see them in first class.

You've taken the words from my very mouth. I wouldn't put it past some of them to have taken seats in first class either; who wouldn't splurge on their last plane ride?

• mod

You know, I did feel there were some terribly loud guests shouting. They managed to get through my noise-cancelling headphones. But then the plane was landed and we were deplaning here, in what is clearly not a regulation airport.

You know, I did feel there were some terribly loud guests shouting. They managed to get through my noise-cancelling headphones. But then the plane was landed and we were deplaning here, in what is clearly not a regulation airport.

Did you miss the part about us hurtling to our death in the middle of the ocean? If I wasn't already strapped in, I would've been up on the ceiling with the rest of you.

• mod

If I wasn't already strapped in, I would've been up on the ceiling with the rest of you

You weren't wearing your seatbelt when the fasten seatbelt light was on? Why? Everyone knows that's the rule.

• mod

Oh, I'm sorry, I appear to have misheard you. Why wasn't anyone else wearing their seatbelt?

• mod

/@abarker walks over rubbing his head/

Limbo? Limbo?! I was just getting the drink service started!!! I wonder if there are any jobs a former flight attendant can pick up in limbo …

I did look up from a particularly interesting article on basket weaving techniques of Papua New Guinea when there was a lot of noise and saw some masked men brandishing guns. I can't remember any distinguishing features that would help me identify any of them now, unless they were considerate enough to keep their masks on

Jaloopa looks around the waiting area

No. Everybody seems to have their faces on display. That would have made things simpler.

Why wasn't anyone else wearing their seatbelt?

Was the fasten seatbelts light on? I remember the ding as it turned off after takeoff, funnily enough it was exactly the kind of noise I was imagining in the in flight magazine's piece about the resurgence of bell ringing among under 30s, which I was reading at the time. Did you know that bell ringers are known as campanologists? Fascinating. It's actually a hybrid word, with roots in both Greek and Latin

Oh, I'm sorry, I appear to have misheard you. Why wasn't anyone else wearing their seatbelt?

It wasn't exactly a planned descend. Plus not like these terrorists had a reason for turning on the seatbelt light.

• mod

@Jaloopa said in Mafia XII - Main thread:

Was the fasten seatbelts light on?

I'm not sure. It seems kind of fuzzy to me. Maybe the terrorists got to me before things made it that far.

• mod

@Jaloopa I keep my seatbelt fastened while wearing my noise-cancelling headphones. Heaven knows what could happen if the sign were to illuminate and I missed it!

• I still can't believe the terrorists were strapped with Note 7s.

Heaven knows what could happen if the sign were to illuminate and I missed it!

Indeed. You might get killed and end up in limbo or something

• mod

@Jaloopa Limbo? Certainly not. I've never sinned a day in my life. No, this is clearly a case of mismanagement. When this is all over, the airline will be hearing from my lawyers, believe you me!

This is certainly not what I expected from my first holiday since I retired. Where's that magazine? I want to finish reading about basket weaving.

• mod

/@abarker spots something nearby/

Hey! The drink cart!

Would anyone like a beverage? Water, juice and soda are complimentary, alcohol range from $5-10, depending on your poison.

Hmm …

/@abarker waves a small device around, as if searching for a signal/

Looks like our card reader is out of service, so it's going to be cash only for the alcohol, folks.

• mod

@abarker Cash only?! What sort of service is this? Honestly! I'm not even certain you're a real flight attendant. Anyone could put on a uniform like that, and....

And it'd be very easy to guess in advance...

And any frequent flier would have the right sayings memorized...

Say, do you have ID on you by any chance?

(FOS Abarker)

@abarker Cash only?! What sort of service is this? Honestly! I'm not even certain you're a real flight attendant. Anyone could put on a uniform like that, and....

And it'd be very easy to guess in advance...

And any frequent flier would have the right sayings memorized...

(FOS Abarker)

Yea, and you know the flight attendant's bags don't get checked, so maybe that's how they got those Samsung Note 7s on board.

• mod

Cash only?! What sort of service is this?

Is it my fault that limbo doesn't get any signal? I'm just trying to make the best of a bad situation. If you'd rather, I could just torch all the alcohol and leave us with all the complimentary drinks. Then we wouldn't have to worry about cost!

Given the situation, I figure that if I can make a concession to the first class passengers. If you can show a first class ticket, I'll comp you one alcoholic beverage.

What would my ID prove? Would you be able to tell the difference between a high level forgery and a real one? But sure, here are my flight crew credentials.

/ @abarker fishes an ID lanyard out from inside his vest and holds out his flight crew credentials for any who want to see then tucks them back in /

Yea, and you know the flight attendant's bags don't get checked, so maybe that's how they got those Samsung Note 7s on board.

Do you really think those TSA grunts are that competent anyway? I bet they couldn't tell the difference between an LG V20, a Note 6, and a Note 7.

@abarker said in Mafia XII - Main thread:

I bet they couldn't tell the difference between an LG V20, a Note 6, and a Note 7.

You seem to know an awful lot about them though. Hmmm

• mod

What would my ID prove?

A very good point.

Any other staff from this flight willing to vouch for you? Or are you somehow, conveniently, the only remaining flight attendant?

• mod

A very good point.
    Any other staff from this flight willing to vouch for you? Or are you somehow, conveniently, the only remaining flight attendant?

I just got assigned to this flight crew after a nasty breakup with a member of my last flight crew. They probably wouldn't know me from Adam.

• mod

@Jaloopa said in Mafia XII - Main thread:

I bet they couldn't tell the difference between an LG V20, a Note 6, and a Note 7.

You seem to know an awful lot about them though. Hmmm

Strange how several people here knew enough to determine that the devices used to take over the plane were Note 7s. Hmmm.

Or maybe I like to research my options when buying a phone. Ok, that's a bit of a stretch. I let my brother do the research and run over the details with me. I know enough to know that the Note 6 and Note 7 are kind of like different model years of the same phone (like having a 2015 and a 2016 Mustang) and that the LG V20 is a comparable phone from a different company. I don;t even know that I could tell them apart at a quick glance.

Would anyone like a beverage? Water, juice and soda are complimentary,

I'll take a water, thanks.

alcohol range from $5-10, depending on your poison.

Don't you think we should keep our wits about us? There'll be time enough for brain addling beverages after we've straightened out the manager of this institution.

• @pydsigner said in Mafia XII - Main thread:

There'll be time enough for brain addling beverages

Will there be? I'm sure we have plenty of time now, considering we're in Limbo, but once everything is sorted, won't we be processed and moved along to whatever afterlife we're expecting?

Will we even have drinks in the actual afterlife? Or are you one of those reincarnation people?

• I was really looking forward to using my vacation time for one last hunting trip in the mountains, before hunting gets completely banned. It was a bear getting my hunting gear through security, for checked baggage. (I'm not stupid enough to try to bring that into the cabin!)

Would anyone like a beverage? Water, juice and soda are complimentary.

Orange juice for me. Thank you.

@ChaosTheEternal said in Mafia XII - Main thread:

Will there be? I'm sure we have plenty of time now, considering we're in Limbo, but once everything is sorted, won't we be processed and moved along to whatever afterlife we're expecting?
    Will we even have drinks in the actual afterlife?

Considering that this is just a watered-down version of the afterlife, and considering that this water definitely tastes like water, I'd think that we will. But perhaps the noodle-lovers will be deprived of those pleasures. In either case, I'd encourage them to drink up; we'll need any advantage we can get to spot them. The spaghetti strainers they had on were quite concealing.

• mod

@pydsigner said in Mafia XII - Main thread:

Here you go.

/ abarker tosses an Aquafina to pydsigner /

• mod

@djls45 said in Mafia XII - Main thread:

Orange juice for me. Thank you.

Cool.

/ a small bottle of Tropicana sails through the air toward @djls45 /

@pydsigner said in Mafia XII - Main thread:

Here you go.

/ abarker tosses an Aquafina to pydsigner /

Thanks.

/ pydsigner cranks the cap off and lifts the bottle to his mouth, then pulls it back suspiciously and sniffs. /

Doesn't smell poisoned.

/ pydsigner takes a tentative sip /

Like I said, tastes like water.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.