Mafia XII - Terrorist thread

• Impossible Mission - B

Welcome to the terrorist thread! Here you may talk with your fellow terrorist, but only during the night phase

Each night, you have a factional night kill. One person may perform the night kill each night, and you may choose amongst yourselves who it will be. The night kill is optional. If you will be performing the night kill, you may not use any other abilities you may have. You must perform one action each night, either the night kill or your own ability.

• Well, derp on my part, completely forgot that MH370 is an actual flight that went missing from Malaysia to China.

So, what role do you have? I'm a role cop, so I can investigate someone on town side and try to figure out what they do, and I'm assuming they have a role blocker or doctor I want to find.

Also, who do we want to kill tonight?

• @ChaosTheEternal said in Mafia XII - Terrorist thread:

Well, derp on my part, completely forgot that MH370 is an actual flight that went missing from Malaysia to China.

So, what role do you have? I'm a role cop, so I can investigate someone on town side and try to figure out what they do, and I'm assuming they have a role blocker or doctor I want to find.

Here's mine:

You are a Hooker. (Jailer)

In addition, if your target is a Virgin, he or she will lose their ability. If you do not choose a target, one will be randomly chosen for you.
    Not sure what that means, but I guess it means if someone hasn't used their ability yet (like on the first night) then I can take it away.

Also, who do we want to kill tonight?

I'm not sure. I say we kill @Yamikuronue as it seems that @abarker may have his hands full tomorrow. At the minimum, I think we need to either investigate his ability, or I can try to target him with my ability.

We got to be careful though, as it seems everyone has an ability. Wouldn't want to hit a PGO or something.

• Impossible Mission - B

Note that I have changed the OP slightly. The night kill is now optional

• @dangeRuss No, a Virgin blocks all night kills the night after they are killed, unless visited by a Hooker first. Unless we're playing with a variation, then we won't know for sure until they flip or I investigate them.

I'm not so inclined to target @Yamikuronue since the town seemingly wants to tomorrow. Maybe let that play out.

@pydsigner seems to think you might be suspect if @abarker flips scum, but he won't. He's openly suspicious of @abarker, @Yamikuronue and you.

No real reads on who anyone else suspects, since they're expectedly not forthcoming with it. @Angelsbreath, @Jaloopa, and @djls45 are relatively quiet even during the day, best we have is all of them voted for @CreatedToDislikeThis, along with you and @abarker.

• Shot, it's just the two of us. I was waiting for the third guy to chime in.

• Ok, so we can either kill someone or use our ability. If we use our abilities tonight instead of NK, it may confuse the hell out of everyone, and I can target @pydsigner in case he tries to investigate.

Also I have a gut feeling that yami has a good power. Either cop or doctor. I say you check up on her.

• @ChaosTheEternal just to trigger notification.

• @dangeRuss I'm watching the topic, so I have. Originations with or without mentions.

If you want to chance no night kill the first night, we can give it a whirl.

so I have. Originations

So I have notifications. I'm also typing on an iPad and I hate digital keyboards.

• @ChaosTheEternal Yea lets do no NK.

So the question is who should we target with our abilities?

Do you agree with my targets, or do you have alternates?

• Shit. We've got about 9 hours left, which means by the time I wake up, it will probably be too late.

@Vault_Dweller unless you hear different from us, I would like to use my power to target @pydsigner and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to speak for @ChaosTheEternal, but if you don't hear differently from him, he will be targeting @Yamikuronue with his power.

• @dangeRuss That's fine. We can go with that plan.

• Impossible Mission - B

Confirmed. @dangeRuss to target @pydsigner and @ChaosTheEternal to target @Yamikuronue

• Soooo.... Looks like everyone has powers, and looks like we got a cop, so that's good.

What results did you get from your investigation of @Yamikuronue yesterday?

• @Yamikuronue is the Virgin, so either you can visit her tonight to knock her power out or we can just not bother. I think the latter is the case.

Also, why the hell did you point me out to the group?

@Yamikuronue is the Virgin, so either you can visit her tonight to knock her power out or we can just not bother. I think the latter is the case.

Well if we decide to NK, if she dies, we can't NK the next night.

Also, why the hell did you point me out to the group?

Sorry about that. Needed to put some distance between us in case one of us is lynched. And you were being pretty quiet.

On the other hand, it worked out and we got @Angelsbreath instead, who was acting a lot more scummy and quiet than you.

And looks like @abarker is thinking that she investigated you and found you clean. I wonder if I should call him out on that, cuz I have no idea what he's talking about.

Either way though, I think @Yamikuronue is going to die soon, so I should take her powers out.

What do you want to do. Do you want to nk, or investigate someone else?

• We've got about 20 hours left in the night, so I think we have to lock in our decisions by tonight.

• @dangeRuss I guess since we don't know which variant of Virgin she is, sure, you can visit.

As far as what I'm doing, the question becomes do we want to have it at MyLo on day 3 or potentially LyLo on day 4?

And the last ditch effort thought, should I risk fake-claiming if day 3 turns on me?

• @dangeRuss said in Mafia XII - Terrorist thread:

Needed to put some distance between us in case one of us is lynched. And you were being pretty quiet.

Also, it's one thing if they have any amount of focus on me to throw me under the bus, it's another to be the bus driver.

• OK, not on mobile, time for more of a reply:

If we do try to NK tonight, who do we want to target? I think NKing would be the better option, MyLo leaves them with more suspects than LyLo, you've deflected well and their biggest pusher just basically messed up twice (though he didn't start the last bandwagon). And my cover could be that I didn't vote for either of the bandwagons.

I'm not sure if we should go after @abarker, he seems sure he'll have heat going into day #3 or die tonight and we obviously can't go after @Yamikuronue. That leaves @pydsigner (who has some focus already), @Jaloopa (who should have some heat for being the hammer twice now) and @djls45.

As far as me fake-claiming, the question is how would I want to go about it? If I fake-claim doctor, I doubt it would fly if they have a legit doctor, so I was considering claiming Role Cop, outing @Yamikuronue then fake-claiming your role as Doctor. If @Yamikuronue came forward that she was a Virgin, it may help, but it is also possible me fake-claiming at all will backfire.

@dangeRuss said in Mafia XII - Terrorist thread:

Needed to put some distance between us in case one of us is lynched. And you were being pretty quiet.

Also, it's one thing if they have any amount of focus on me to throw me under the bus, it's another to be the bus driver.

I was actually really surprised how much @abarker had on you.

@abarker said:

As for @ChaosTheEternal, it troubles me that his comments have been boiled down into a few categories:

Discussing our circumstances
    Attacking others' reasoning - most of these even fall into the category above
    Self defense
    Situational clarification
    There is only one instance I found where @ChaosTheEternal presented his own reasoning: when he was pointing out flaws in @pydsigner's stated reasoning for trusting @Jaloopa. Even then, he wasn't presenting his own reasoning to support any choices, he was presenting reasoning just to tear down arguments.

Then there are my concerns over his voting. Yesterday, we had votes cast for four different individuals: @CreatedToDislikeThis, @pydsigner, @Yamikuronue, and myself. Yet with all the voting going on yesterday, and all the debating and cases presented, @ChaosTheEternal was the only person to not cast a vote yesterday. Then today he cast a vote against me based on his "gut feeling" alone, making him the currently third vote against me, nice and smack dab in the middle of the group.

Now, at this point, I'm not saying that I'm letting @pydsigner, @Yamikuronue, or @Angelsbreath off the hook, I just don't think there is enough reason to vote for any of them at this time. I do think that there is reason to vote for @ChaosTheEternal.

The way I play scum is try not to focus too much on this thread as not to get something in your head that you may accidentally slip, and basically play a townie - see who looks suspicious and offer up reasoning. Basically try to figure out who the bad guys are as if you didn't already know. Having no day talk helps with that.

I was actually really tempted to vote for you at this point just to put more distance between us. But I was really surprised on how much stuff @abarker dug up on you and I was worried that a wagon might actually get going at this point, so I basically ignored his post until after he switched to @Angelsbreath.

Since the town still seems none the wiser and are not getting close, I would rather keep them confused longer and enjoy this a bit more. I almost never get to be scum.

Sure @abarker cast some shade your way and @pydsigner suspected me, but seems that no one is the wiser, unless we get screwed tonight and someone uses their power to find something out.

If we don't NK, I think it will lead to more confusion (they will still think that it's a cult or arsonist). Plus if someone sees anything, we can claim our roles and they can't really prove anything since there was no NK.

I was actually really surprised how much @abarker had on you.

It's not hard to "have a lot on someone" when you can go back to it at any time (or, as he has admitted to, taking a shitton of notes). As a side note, that's why I'd like to try and play it in a more rapid environment sometime (e.g. in person or in that browser version that's also on Steam, where the game won't span weeks of real time, but maybe an hour at most), so you play it where you have to be thinking on your feet instead of being able to review and deliberate at your leisure.

Besides, even if I was town, I likely wouldn't be playing much differently than I already was. Short of helping anyone push a day 1 "pressure" wagon, which didn't really happen this game (and was part of my "Last time I tried being forward, I got shot down, hard." comment, because in a Self Serve Mafia game, I tried to push such a "pressure" wagon against @abarker, who was scum, and got lynched for it), I "wasn't convinced" on day 1 who was or was not scum. The only point I could make, but it'd be too little too late, is that @CreatedToDislikeThis wasn't a bad miss due to how he was acting, and his role being pretty much as bad as otherwise mentioned.

The way I play scum is try not to focus too much on this thread as not to get something in your head that you may accidentally slip

Ditto, but I also don't try to throw shade on my teammates until I need to distance myself. It might be a bit later than liked, but at least it's not when no one has put heavy focus on them.

Thing is, if we don't NK, they very well should guess it isn't a cult. Assuming only a leader on day 1, going into day 3 it should be 3 cult vs remaining town, and at 7 players total remaining, that'd make it LyLo, but it isn't, so they'll either assume someone is successful at blocking twice in a row (and don't claim to be the cause of that) or we're intentionally not killing.

But if we don't NK, who should I investigate? I have to think that they do have a PGO.

If we do try to NK tonight, who do we want to target? I think NKing would be the better option, MyLo leaves them with more suspects than LyLo, you've deflected well and their biggest pusher just basically messed up twice (though he didn't start the last bandwagon). And my cover could be that I didn't vote for either of the bandwagons.

As I said, I would rather keep not NK until later or not at all. I haven't done any calculation on MyLo vs LyLo, but perhaps you can share them?

I'm not sure if we should go after @abarker, he seems sure he'll have heat going into day #3 or die tonight and we obviously can't go after @Yamikuronue. That leaves @pydsigner (who has some focus already), @Jaloopa (who should have some heat for being the hammer twice now) and @djls45.

Can we not go after @Yamikuronue? If I visit her and you NK her, how does that resolve?

@Vault_Dweller which way would that resolve?

Either way I told them to check up on @pydsigner, @abarker and @Yamikuronue, so they are probably going to be watched. If we NK, they may see it and know that whoever visited them is scum. If we just investigate, you can just say you are RoleCop and you were looking into them as I've asked.

I think I would like to get @pydsigner's power.

As far as me fake-claiming, the question is how would I want to go about it? If I fake-claim doctor, I doubt it would fly if they have a legit doctor, so I was considering claiming Role Cop, outing @Yamikuronue then fake-claiming your role as Doctor. If @Yamikuronue came forward that she was a Virgin, it may help, but it is also possible me fake-claiming at all will backfire.

I would just fake claim Role Cop if I were you, and then just tell the truth about all else. That you checked on @Yamikuronue the first night and found that her power is Virgin. We don't need to fake claim me unless we have to, but if we do, I'll say I'm a RoleBlocker. I can say I visited @pydsigner the first night, and we didn't have any kills, so he may be scum.

Virgin variations:

Variation 1

The virgin in this variation may fail all lynches upon being night-killed.
    Not sure if this version would be positive or negative for us. I guess this basically means we would get 2 nightkills in a row.
    Variation 2

The virgin may fail all night-kills upon being lynched.
    This would be bad for us if we were actually doing NKs.
    Variation 3

The virgin may fail all lynches upon being lynched.
    Not sure if this would be good for us or not. I guess may be good if they were going to go after us next.

I wonder. It seems that we have 2/3 chance that we can get 2 NKs in a row. Perhaps we should leave @Yamikuronue alone for now and focus on someone else? Then when it's closer to the end, we can get 2 NKs done in a row. I wonder if @Vault_Dweller will take this into consideration when considering announcing MyLo/LyLo.

Thing is, if we don't NK, they very well should guess it isn't a cult. Assuming only a leader on day 1, going into day 3 it should be 3 cult vs remaining town, and at 7 players total remaining, that'd make it LyLo, but it isn't, so they'll either assume someone is successful at blocking twice in a row (and don't claim to be the cause of that) or we're intentionally not killing.

But if we don't NK, who should I investigate? I have to think that they do have a PGO.

I'm rethinking targeting @Yamikuronue for now. If you are afraid they have a PGO, we can target the same person at the same time and that way their PGO won't work.

Who's been begging to be NKed? I would think @abarker then way he's been leading the investigation. It could still be @pydsigner since my block would block his PGO. We know it's not @Yamikuronue since you were able to visit her with no issues.

So what do you say we both visit @pydsigner or @abarker. You can either NK them or RC, and I'll block. @pydsigner would be easier for me to explain since I already suspect him publicly.

Can we not go after @Yamikuronue? If I visit her and you NK her, how does that resolve?

We will need @Vault_Dweller chiming in. The Hooker role on the MafiaScum wiki only points out that you are a roleblocker (stop them from acting), but what you quoted when you said what you do says "Jailer" (which is an alias for Jailkeeper) which implies you also are a doctor for your target (block any night kills against them).

I would just fake claim Role Cop if I were you

Stating my actual role isn't fake-claiming.

I wonder. It seems that we have 2/3 chance that we can get 2 NKs in a row.

That's assuming we're playing with a variation. If we're playing with stock, unless you visit her, NKing her blocks the next night's NK.

but perhaps you can share [MyLo/LyLo]?

Current player count is 5 town/2 scum. MyLo/LyLo notifications (should) assume no power roles.

MyLo will be 4/2, meaning if they mislynch, it goes 3/2, NK puts it at 2/2, and they can't lynch anymore, because they can't get a majority. They can choose to no-lynch here and go into LyLo the next day (or hope a power role keeps them at MyLo).

LyLo will be 3/2, meaning they have to lynch or they will lose, because the NK will put them at 2/2.

Since it's 5/2 tonight, if we NK, it goes 4/2, MyLo, on Day 3. If we don't NK, it stays 5/2 and we have to hope they lynch town on Day 3 to go to 4/2, where we can NK and have it at 3/2, LyLo, on Day 4. But, it is possible that they redouble their efforts and lynch me on Day 3, which means it would be either 4/1 (if we NK tonight) or 5/1 (if we don't) going into Night 3.

my block would block his PGO

No it doesn't. The only way Roleblockers block a PGO trigger is to block whoever visits the PGO to stop it from triggering (since the person who went to visit the PGO is treated as not actually visiting at that point). If you try to block the PGO, you just die.

• Impossible Mission - B

@Vault_Dweller which way would that resolve?

It would happen simultaneously, which means you wouldn't be able to stop her ability before she died

Here's mine:

You are a Hooker. (Jailer)

Sorry I was confused at that point. I though Hooker was flavor. I am actually a hooker, not a jailer.

I would just fake claim Role Cop if I were you

Stating my actual role isn't fake-claiming.

Well you would be claiming town Role Cop, but I guess it's not really fake-claiming.

I wonder. It seems that we have 2/3 chance that we can get 2 NKs in a row.

That's assuming we're playing with a variation. If we're playing with stock, unless you visit her, NKing her blocks the next night's NK.

And I guess according to @Vault_Dweller I would have to visit her the night before.

Did you get any more details, or did it just say she's a Virgin? @Vault_Dweller would you be willing to expand on which version of Virgin she is?

but perhaps you can share [MyLo/LyLo]?

Current player count is 5 town/2 scum. MyLo/LyLo notifications (should) assume no power roles.

MyLo will be 4/2, meaning if they mislynch, it goes 3/2, NK puts it at 2/2, and they can't lynch anymore, because they can't get a majority. They can choose to no-lynch here and go into LyLo the next day (or hope a power role keeps them at MyLo).

LyLo will be 3/2, meaning they have to lynch or they will lose, because the NK will put them at 2/2.

Since it's 5/2 tonight, if we NK, it goes 4/2, MyLo, on Day 3. If we don't NK, it stays 5/2 and we have to hope they lynch town on Day 3 to go to 4/2, where we can NK and have it at 3/2, LyLo, on Day 4. But, it is possible that they redouble their efforts and lynch me on Day 3, which means it would be either 4/1 (if we NK tonight) or 5/1 (if we don't) going into Night 3.

my block would block his PGO

No it doesn't. The only way Roleblockers block a PGO trigger is to block whoever visits the PGO to stop it from triggering (since the person who went to visit the PGO is treated as not actually visiting at that point). If you try to block the PGO, you just die.

Well I guess this means that we know that @Yamikuronue is not PGO and neither is @pydsigner. So we can't kill @Yamikuronue (unless it's one of the versions of Virgin that's beneficial to us), and we probably should not take out @pydsigner because he suspected me and because I've been against him publicly and told everyone to check on him.

We probably shouldn't NK @abarker either because I asked people to look into him. So the only ones left are @djls45 and @Jaloopa.

I'm half wondering if I should target @pydsigner again, since we seem to have had a decent day without any power roles coming forward, even though it seems everyone has a power role.

Now that the cop is dead, I wonder if there is a role cop on the town side or something along with a doctor. I think @jaloopa is the doctor. With @pydsigner a Role Cop and @abarker is the PGO.

So maybe NK @djls45 since he's the least scummy I think right now and I can block @Yamikuronue so we can set us up for NK tomorrow. Thoughts?

• Impossible Mission - B

@Vault_Dweller would you be willing to expand on which version of Virgin she is?

Unfortunately not

it just say she's a Virgin?

That's all I was told. I'll assume it's the worst for us, so we don't want to NK unless you visit first.

So maybe NK @djls45 since he's the least scummy I think right now and I can block @Yamikuronue so we can set us up for NK tomorrow.

That could be a plan.

I don't know if @abarker is PGO, but he does sound resigned to his fate, so either he's gaming us into going after him (which may backfire if their doctor tries to help) or is trying to get pity. There's been no tells from anyone for roles or visits, so yes, best we know is who isn't a PGO, but we don't want to hit either with the NK.

Let's chance it. I'll perform a NK on @pydsigner and you will visit @Yamikuronue. Let's just hope @pydsigner isn't the PGO, otherwise you'll be going into Day 3 at 4/1 (unless he's also bulletproof, then it'll be 5/1) and with @abarker's claim validated, so basically he won't get lynched the rest of the game.

Let's chance it. I'll perform a NK on @pydsigner and you will visit @Yamikuronue. Let's just hope @pydsigner isn't the PGO, otherwise you'll be going into Day 3 at 4/1 (unless he's also bulletproof, then it'll be 5/1) and with @abarker's claim validated, so basically he won't get lynched the rest of the game.

@pydsigner? You don't want to go for @djls45 instead? NK @pydsigner may not be good for us - he may have people watching him and if he's dead it may come back to me (as me and him have beef).

• @dangeRuss Yeah, sorry, I meant @djls45. Was rushing the post to finish something up and get lunch.

I will target @djls45 for the NK.

@dangeRuss Yeah, sorry, I meant @djls45. Was rushing the post to finish something up and get lunch.

I will target @djls45 for the NK.

ok I agree.

@Vault_Dweller I will target @Yamikuronue with my hooking powers and @ChaosTheEternal will NK @djls45

• Impossible Mission - B

@dangeRuss Confirmed

• Impossible Mission - B

Your night kill on @djls45 was successful.

• So time to think of who I should kill, but first, explanation.

Even though I'd brought up how I should fake-claim if I needed to (and I didn't), you probably shouldn't have called for a massclaim, and I realized that calling out "Role Cop" would scream scum, since we have so few players, so I did Vanilla to play it safe.

Now, thought time:

Should I target @Yamikuronue? Her ability is wasted and she's the only "guaranteed" town in the bunch, since she claimed Virgin and @dangeRuss flipped Hooker.

Or should I target @Jaloopa? He mayfigure the same and try to protect Yami, unless he can protect himself. If I'm assuming all roles are "vanilla" versions, then no.

Don't see a reason to target @abarker or @pydsigner, since @abarker has heat and didn't vote at all against @dangeRuss, and @pydsigner has a bit of heat but plenty of reason to focus on @abarker.

The big plus side, the doctor visiting me seems to cement me as "innocent" and I'll take that.

I'm not expecting an answer, I just want to get this written down somewhere (for reflection for myself, for :popcorn: for Club Ded, and a point of possible later discussion). I will try to get my night action in before the evening, since night ends at 9am for me.

I'm assuming all roles are "vanilla" versions, then no [Jaloopa can't self target as Doctor].

@Vault_Dweller I will target @Jaloopa with the night kill.

• Impossible Mission - B

Confirmed

• Impossible Mission - B

FYI I will not be locking this thread during the day anymore.

• Impossible Mission - B

Your night kill on @jaloopa was successful.

• :confetti_ball: Hooray, we won! :confetti_ball:

Sorry @abarker, @Yamikuronue, @pydsigner. Our decision to do a Night 1 no-kill and @dangeRuss's (at the time) questionable redirection on me to distance our team was what helped us win in the end.

Still, the distancing plan could've backfired if focus didn't switch to the even quieter player.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.