What did you do different? Oh, we put the files in the place and did the thing.

• I said

I'm looking for instructions for how to setup [feature]. It says I'm supposed to put a user control on a screen, and this user control has the interface to access the feature.

Bob said

What user control? We didn't use a user control.

I said

Ok, but the feature redirects the datasource. That's why the user control is there, as a convenience to developers so they don't have to copy that code everywhere, and it provides the interface to the feature.

Bob said

We just altered the connections configuration so it rerouted the data.

I said

Ok, but, how did you handle the UI?

John said

Bob said you were asking about connection config? We didn't do that, we just put files in controller application director subfolders intead of the server subfolders. The UI connection config handles that.

I said

That doesn't even make sense, but ok. What files? How did you provide the UI on the screens to the feature's functions? Without modifying the screens?

John said

"..."

I said

Ok, let me make this simple. Please fill in these blanks:

1. You created a separate server.
    2. You put the data files [ ??? location] under the controller application directory.
    3. You connect the controller application to that system.
    4. You open a screen, the information on that screen shows the new data source instead of old one.
    5. ???
    6. UI window pops up giving you access to the features functions.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@xaade said in What did you do different? Oh, we put the files in the place and did the thing.:

I said

Ok, let me make this simple. Please fill in these blanks:

1. You created a separate server.
    2. You put the data files [ ??? location] under the controller application directory.
    3. You connect the controller application to that system.
    4. You open a screen, the information on that screen shows the new data source instead of old one.
    5. ???
    6. UI window pops up giving you access to the features functions.Profit!

• @dkf

1. Profit.

• Impossible Mission - B

Hey guys, there's a red thingy moving towards the green thingy.

...I think we're the green thingy.