The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@cheong said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

I heard the person presenting the product say "... And the best part of it is that, you can play it with real money."

Sounds like the most awesome product pitch ever.

0_1477850980383_upload-f42dd9c8-d925-4d48-914a-1fb513698fd8

• Notification Spam Recipient

Zombie apocalypse. I took over a dry-docked cruise ship and managed to get it moving despite being on land. Mowed down a lot of unread.
    Few scenes later I was at a social gathering for my grandma? Not sure, but we eventually had to leave the place to go to my aunt's. While driving I was distracted by the street name signs in that they were digital. My siblings decided that was a good time to get out and go into candy stores. I raced after them on foot. I also noticed all the buildings had digital signs giving out their street number. They were sequential in a manner like England. Very annoying.

I was romantically involved with a guy with a vagina.

From what the Internet tells me, that's apparently backwards...

I was participating in a sex education class for centaurs. Later, I was at a softball game. The ball had a solid core with cotton plush surrounding it. NFC how that worked. It clearly didn't because argument with someone and I stormed off, entered a truck that wasn't mine from the passenger side (using my key, it was the same model), and proceeded to race home.
    my dad and I were arguing about how nobody talks to him.

• @Tsaukpaetra said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

I was romantically involved with a guy with a vagina.

From what the Internet tells me, that's apparently backwards...

I have dreams like that all the time. Except I'm the one with the vagina.

Filed Under: Have you consider watching any Buck Angel videos on 🦐Hub or Xhamster? Sounds like he'd be your type.

• I had a dream that I was at a combination topless outdoor massage parlor / tax accountant firm / fancy restaurant where the kitchen of the fancy restaurant was a mall food court.

I have no idea why I had that dream or what it means.

@ben_lubar said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

I have no idea why I had that dream or what it means.

No worries, we're not going to make judgements here. :D

Sounds a bit relaxing, actually.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

Goddamn useless people running that convention.

So I went to pick up my badge and pay for it (not sure why because it was pre-reg). The person says badges are $55, the rings up $768. What the shit? Apparently there's fees or something. I don't want all the perks. They'll check on it.

So the clock near me goes ahead an a hour and I'm still waiting. I grab someone else and say "what the hell is the delay, I've been waiting here an hour. I just want to pick up my badge."

So they start to fill it out but can't spell my name right. They go off to get a marker or something and completely forget about me.

Now two hours have passed and I'm getting really cheesed. I got there extra early so I could get my badge and hit the dealer room before the good stuff sold out. Now the floor's been open for hours, and people have probably picked the collectibles clean.

I grab the next constaff, and they're like "I don't really work this part of the con, I work guest services" and I'm like "I really don't care. I've been waiting to pick up my badge, everyone else is getting theirs and now it's been THREE HOURS". They say they'll write up a new badge and want me to pay for it, but I remind them I've already given my money to the first person. COMEON!

They wander away and suddenly there isn't anyone attending the badges anymore and i sitll don't have my goddamn badge. Someone wanders by and I start yelling at them-- see before every time I raised my voice it was like I was choked up but now I've found my volume and can unleash.

"GET ME MY FUCKING BADGE OR I'LL FUCKING GO BEHIND THE FUCKING COUNTER AND FUCKING MAKE ONE MYSELF AND FUCKING PUT MY OWN FUCKING MONEY IN THE FUCKING CASH BOX!"

The dream ended shortly after that-- still no badge.

But my wife just told me that last night I was swearing in my sleep.

Try to keep it T-rated. No gore, explicit sex, etc. We have other places to fantasize about that kind of stuff. 😉

Tell more about these "other places"

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@fbmac said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

@Tsaukpaetra said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Try to keep it T-rated. No gore, explicit sex, etc. We have other places to fantasize about that kind of stuff. 😉

Come over to my place and I'll inform you.

No cellphones.

• @fbmac said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Well, for starters, try one of these friendly and dream-tastic places:

53 Christopher Street, New York City, NY
    1763 Montreal Cir, Tucker, GA
    181 Eddy Street, San Francisco, CA
    6652 West Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA
    715 Fairview, Houston, TX

Or consult FetLife's personals sectionyour pineal gland.

Filed Under: 🎵 One of these things is not like the others...

(PS: If the mods think this is too likely to lead to an extended sub-thread and want to Jeff it, I recommend the thread title "Where Everybody Knows Your Flame". Even though most of the people in several of those places - including, amusingly enough, the first one - are heterosexual, if not exactly in a mundane way.)

• BINNED

@Lorne-Kates said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

can't spell my name right

Borne Kates? Lorne Kate?

• @Luhmann said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

@Lorne-Kates said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

can't spell my name right

Borne Kates? Lorne Kate?

Lauren Katz?

• BINNED

@ben_lubar said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Lauren Katz?

Sounds like he was registering at a furry convention

We were camping in the snow. For some reason that required a guide, and the last hiker had taken their own lawnmower. This meant the host could only offer her dog, which appeared to be a reddish golden retriever. She said in certain circumstances she could talk.

Of course we didn't quite believe that, but we took her anyways. Later, after pitching the tent and arguing about where to hike first, we were accosted by a chimpanzee. I led her away from the camp and managed to placate her with some petting. Then the dog was back and we had fun times!

Lo and behold, turns out she could speak after all!

• I was aboard an SR-71 Blackbird with two other people, neither of whom I knew. We were parked on a runway, and I think we were supposed to be doing maintenance on it or something. I jokingly commented that I wish we could take it for a spin, and one of the other guys said "Sure thing!" and throttled it up. But there was a 737 parked just a few hundred yards in front of us and I thought we were going to crash. He slammed on the brakes right before colliding, put it in reverse, backed up a bunch, and on his second try successfully took off over the 737.

The interior of the plane was rather large, it reminded me of a small RV. We were not even in the cockpit, the pilot was piloting it from a remote terminal near the back of the plane. I saw the Mach meter and we were stuck at about Mach 0.8 which we both thought was funny because it's an SR-71. I told him that I remembered reading on Wikipedia that at higher altitudes the first few compressor stages in the engines needed to be bypassed to generate full thrust. He left his seat and went to a fuse panel which looked just like the one in my pickup truck, and started pulling fuses until he found the one for the first compressor stage. When he did, the plane accelerated up to about Mach 2.0 in just a few seconds and he returned to the faux-pilot seat.

At this point I noticed there were two housecats aboard the plane.

So we're cruising along at Mach 2.0 and I noticed the ground looked way too close. I said "Those mountains must be pretty high to look like that from 80,000 feet in the air." The pilot responded "LOL we're only at 2,000 feet."

At that point his terminal blanked and he lost control of the plane. I ran forward to the cockpit and sat at the real controls and saw we were pointed straight up. I regained control of the plane and spent some time fiddling with the elevator trim to get it to fly level. The controls were also backwards for some reason. The stick was on the left and the throttle was on the right. (I didn't notice at the time, but for some reason it's a common theme in my dreams that my handedness is reversed.)

Then something happened, I'm not sure what. I was nearly waking up and the dream started breaking down. I think we ran out of gas? I couldn't see out the cockpit glass anymore and only had a camera feed going to a 2" x 2" LCD screen positioned on the throttle, like you might see on some gaming HOTAS peripherals.

Then I realized the cockpit glass was a sliding window with a Fresnel lens pane which is why I couldn't see. I slid the window open (it rolled to the right) and on other other side was a small enclosed porch, or mudroom, whichever term you prefer. The really strange thing was that a Hammond electric organ was in this porch, which seemed like an unnecessary luxury and extra weight for a recon jet.

I still couldn't see out the front of the plane so I went into the mudroom and opened the wooden front door. Now I could see. I sat back down in the cockpit. There was a house right in front of us. I tried to pull up but the controls weren't responding, and we crashed into it going Mach 2.0.

The plane and house both totally disintegrated, but me, the two other guys, and the two housecats all walked away from the rubble relatively unhurt. I said "That really wasn't too bad of a crash!" and one of my best friends who wasn't even aboard the plane was there and said "No, it really wasn't. You better get checked for whiplash though."

Then I woke up.

• I can't really remember it all, but it involved some kind of hotel room registration, and the main thing that stands out that I do remember was that somehow at some point I was filling out a form, and after it was completely filled out I looked at it and realized that I'd been watching myself fill it out in a mirror without realizing it -- and come to think of it now, probably using my opposite hand (it looked correct in the mirror) -- so everything on it was actually written backwards (and really poorly).

@mott555 said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

The stick was on the left and the throttle was on the right. (I didn't notice at the time, but for some reason it's a common theme in my dreams that my handedness is reversed.)

:eek: I think I've been holding them wrong then!

We were camping in the snow. For some reason that required a guide, and the last hiker had taken their own lawnmower...

I won't try to interpret this, but I will offer one small suggestion. Cut back on the hallucinogens at bedtime.

@HardwareGeek said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

We were camping in the snow. For some reason that required a guide, and the last hiker had taken their own lawnmower...

I won't try to interpret this, but I will offer one small suggestion. Cut back on the hallucinogens at bedtime.

I don't take hallucinogens. However, recently I have been having more dreams, and even more recently I've started remembering enough to actually post here about.

I credit natural awakening (a.k.a. fully automated alarm clock disabling at level 2 conscious level, which doesn't disrupt Stage) for the change.

Of course, waking up super late is annoying, but hey, nice dreams!

Edit: Would it help to know that the lawnmower was self-propelled, and that they were using it to clear a nice and easy walking path up the mountain? No? Oh well....

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

Last night I was talking to my husband, and then I was coughing. And then I was coughing really hard, so hard I saw spots. And the spots resolved into legs, wearing striped stockings. Like, hundreds of legs, in the air, filling all the space. I rolled over to get my husband and tell him I was hallucinating, but he wasn't in bed anymore. So I grabbed my phone to call him, and his phone was right next to mine. So I messaged him on gchat and he came back in.

I was awake for all of that, actually, but I'm pretty sure the legs were some kind of vivid hallucination, so I figure that's a dream, right? Stupid sleeping pills. Best guess is I passed out between coughing fit one and coughing fit two.

• Another one of the flying type dreams. This time the cops were searching for me for some reason. Apparently they knew I'd be showing up wherever it was, but it'd never occur to them to look up. I guess they didn't get the memo that it was a flying dream.

@anotherusername said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

I guess they didn't get the memo

Considering they got the script the same time you did... :D

I dreamed I was trapped in an elevator with @accalia and a few coworkers from my dayjob. We all worked together, but we'd been drinking, and we couldn't remember what floor we worked on. The lift had buttons for 1st floor, 500th floor, and 1000th floor, and it had a pinpad for typing in the exact floor number between that. We hit 500, but we couldnt' remember which exact floor it was, somewhere in the 500s block. So we typed 523 on a whim, and the lift had to shuttle halfway around the outside of the building to get to another set of tracks that had door openings on various other floors. It was stupid slow; like 7 or 8 times as long as it took us to go from 1 to 500 just to get over to the other set, and then it was slow going up from there. And we kept bickering about which floor the whole time.

Then we went down to like floor 16, and the lift went away without us. And we learned there were hundreds of giant spiders in the lift shaft, and we had to shoot them, and it was some kind of extreme adventure game.

• FoxDev

@Yamikuronue said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

I dreamed I was trapped in an elevator with @accalia and a few coworkers from my dayjob. We all worked together, but we'd been drinking, and we couldn't remember what floor we worked on. The lift had buttons for 1st floor, 500th floor, and 1000th floor, and it had a pinpad for typing in the exact floor number between that. We hit 500, but we couldnt' remember which exact floor it was, somewhere in the 500s block. So we typed 523 on a whim, and the lift had to shuttle halfway around the outside of the building to get to another set of tracks that had door openings on various other floors. It was stupid slow; like 7 or 8 times as long as it took us to go from 1 to 500 just to get over to the other set, and then it was slow going up from there. And we kept bickering about which floor the whole time.

Then we went down to like floor 16, and the lift went away without us. And we learned there were hundreds of giant spiders in the lift shaft, and we had to shoot them, and it was some kind of extreme adventure game.

..... Spiders?!

0_1479653501786_Do Not Want (1).jpg

@accalia said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

..... Spiders?!

0_1479653501786_Do Not Want (1).jpg

Well at least you had things to shoot them with!

I'm usually left with acrobating around them to try and escape...

Do you even KNOW how hard it is to escape things that can climb up nearly anything!?!?! :(

• I had a whopper of a bizarre dream last night, one that would be a great short story if I could make some sense of it. It involved a giant space creature that swallowed a starship (it and its crew all looked like they could have come from Star Trek TOS) and the crew's efforts to escape. The inside of the creature looked like various biomes based on what part of the digestive tract it was. The throat was a very-inviting grasslands area with some foggy patches of swamp and mountains in the distance, and a river cutting through it. As you floated down the river though, it eventually turned into a thick sluice of ever-stronger acids which dumped into a lake. One part of the lake had an outlet where it was drained off to an area I didn't see where nutrients were gathered for the creature's use. There was another outlet from the lake that was literally a shit river, and presumably dumped back into outer space.

The starship captain was a woman who got increasingly frustrated at the crew's attempts to free their starship, but may also have been under some kind of mind control from the creature. Later on, she began executing crewmen who came up with escape plans that didn't work, and by the end there were only a few crew left alive. Those she didn't kill were drawn out of the ship and devoured by the geography representing the creature's innards.

There was also some kind of side plot about a ghostly avatar of the creature, which was kind of a floating eye, used to entice and control anyone inside it, and it had taken over the (rather good-looking, actually) captain at one point, using her to seduce some mutinying crewman and quell their rebellion. One of these crewman was Spock, who had beamed aboard from outside the creature to try to help. Otherwise, this avatar floated from person-to-person, controlling them to befuddle the crew's plans and make it impossible for them to escape.

In the end, everyone died.

There are lots of other details, but this being a dream I have trouble fitting them into the rest of it. There was a small rowboat full of captains and admirals dressed ornately in late 18th-century French military uniforms, but one of them was Captain Kirk. There was another boat full of kids who somehow ended up in space and inside the creature. The story was originally about them until the starship took over the dream. There's also the possibility that the starship was outside the creature and the avatar was trying to entice them to enter so it could eat them all, but the details for or against that are really muddled. I think the starship may have originally arrived to rescue the boat full of kids.

The point-of-view also switched around several times. Part of the time I was at a friend's house and we were watching all of this on TV like it was a movie. Other parts of the time I was some kind of neutral observer physically present at the events. And sometimes it was a little bit of both, like the time I was enjoying a sandwich while watching the movie and suddenly found myself knee-deep in the shit river at the end of the creature's digestive tract, and I rightfully decided I wasn't hungry anymore and walked to the kitchen to throw away the rest of my food.

It was very vivid, rather well-organized for a dream, and overall pretty strange. I blame all the soreness and exhaustion from several days of moving to a new apartment while being very out-of-shape due to my ankle injury a few months ago.

• @mott555 said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

a great short story if I could make some sense of it

If you're not going to, would you mind...?

• @CarrieVS I'm going to at least outline it and stash it away in my giant list of projects I will never get to 😆 . If I change the bizarre geography to a projected hallucination used by the creature to attract and control prey, I could turn it into a Siren call in space, with the ghostly avatar used to help possess and control anyone who is resistant to the hallucination.

Really, this could be a good start to expanding my writing career. I already have a long series of sci-fi novels plotted out and somewhat started, but it's way too big for me at this point and I had to shelve it. A little stand-alone novella would be a much better start but I never had any ideas for one. I guess sometimes it takes exhaustion and Tylenol PM to be inspired.

• @mott555 Ah, well. I'm over-committed on story ideas to be honest. I was going to go a different angle though, and end up with the implication that planets like this one are these creatures, just letting us live until they want a snack.

But I've got one short fanfic and one novella-length one (in different universes) on the go, and a sci-fi novel project in the long-term works, and a short sci-fi/fantasy that I would get started on if only I could think of names for the two principle characters.

Good luck.

• @CarrieVS If you want to take the same starting idea and make a different story out of it, that wouldn't bother me a bit. Sounds like your angle would take it in a totally different direction than I would.

• @mott555 I'll add it to my backlog then. Thanks.

• @mott555 Okay, outlined and stashed. I will need to finally read my Complete Collection of H.P. Lovecraft for inspiration of the horror themes I want to include.

a great short story

I SWEAR I've read at least a fourth of this plot somewhere before...

@CarrieVS said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

a short sci-fi/fantasy that I would get started on if only I could think of names for the two principle characters.

We have quite a few list of users here on WTDWTF, shirley, you can come up with some? :D

• @Tsaukpaetra One of the two names is going to be very hard to come up with an appropriate one and I can't explain the kind of name I need spoiling the whole thing.

@thegoryone said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

@Tsaukpaetra I SWEAR I've read at least a fourth of this plot somewhere before...

So, around a quarter of it?

No, probably straight through a quarter of it.

• @mott555 said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

There was a small rowboat full of captains

one of them was Captain Kirk

Was he row-row-rowing his boat?

• Very vague memory: Dreamed of writing scripts. Either I was trying to use some graphical programming interface and dragging the bits of code into place, or my brain just represented the code visually as little tiles in the dream. In either case, I was frustrated because the scripts did work the way I wanted them to. (Can you guess what I've been doing the last couple of days?)

@HardwareGeek said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Very vague memory: Dreamed of writing scripts. Either I was trying to use some graphical programming interface and dragging the bits of code into place, or my brain just represented the code visually as little tiles in the dream. In either case, I was frustrated because the scripts did work the way I wanted them to. (Can you guess what I've been doing the last couple of days?)

Not installing Windows Updates!

• Oh boy what a dream.

A small robot is locked inside a mental asylum (for robots). A mysterious stranger (also a robot) breaks in and helps the first one escape, using a small airplane that happens to crash land outside at that same moment.

An epic adventure ensues, involving gun fights, dogfights, stealth, and basically every video game genre. Thankfully the mysterious stranger always seems to know exactly what to do next.

Much later, the group of two robots plus another two that had joined them somewhere along arrive to a time vortex that lets you travel to the past. The one that was originally rescued says goodbye to the rest, and jumps in. In the past, he travels to a mental asylum (for robots) and gets ready to break in and help another one escape...

• Last night, I had a strange dream...

I woke up in a cathedral, and the people handed me a quest to find good instrument players to play the wooden pipe instruments in there (I had never learnt how to play these instruments before). And when they bring me to the storage room, there is literally only wooden pipe types in there. No strings, no horns, no percussions. And there is not only classic wood pipe instruments, also Chinese ones, some bagpipes and some wood pipes played by African tribes as well.

They told me they'll pay the expense involved during my journey to find suitable players. When I find them, bring them back to the cathedral and see if they can blow a sound from those instruments. If the player can, the player is qualified. During the journey I shall also learn and practice my conducting skill because, in the end of journey when all the instruments there found their players, I shall become their conductor and play some music together with them.

The journey itself is mostly boring one that follows the route: Some player being scolded and expelled from their original orchestra. I picked them up and ask them if they want to play music with me, and if they nodded I sent them to the cathedral.

The dream was interrupted by the alarm clock in the morning and I don't know how it'd go.

@cheong said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

all the instruments there found their players

Ah, one of those missions.

I had a great dream over the weekend. It was an entire summer blockbuster starring Matt DaemonDamon. It was thrilling, lots of action, great CGI, and a deep philosophical undercurrent about what it means to be human. It was awesome :D

I could recap the plot, but it wouldn't be nearly as exciting as the dream was obvs

what it means to be human. It was awesome

Awe man! I totally would have gone to see that!

@Tsaukpaetra You would have loved it, it took place entirely in a VR universe, with various humans hacking their way around the edges of the simulation and messing around with the NPC AI entities until there was a full-scale war going on.

@Tsaukpaetra You would have loved it, it took place entirely in a VR universe, with various humans hacking their way around the edges of the simulation and messing around with the NPC AI entities until there was a full-scale war going on.

That sounds fun, and way too creepily parallel to a fic I just finished binge-reading...

@Tsaukpaetra Linkies?

@Tsaukpaetra Linkies?

Replacing VR with Dream and AI with self-defense mechanism (to keep the dreamer controlled) and human with... Well, ponies.