The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread

• Impossible Mission - B

@Yamikuronue said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

brazilian steakhouse

Mmmm! Those are awesome!

• @RaceProUK said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

He had seen a special about how turkeys' eyeballs were paralyzed upon feeding them vodka

How telling is it that this is the bit that made me go :wtf:?

Because everyone knows turkeys prefer tequila.

• Impossible Mission - B

@Karla Turquila?

• ♿ (Parody)

@Tsaukpaetra said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

The whole thing started because I was part of a team trying to rescue newborn seal pups that were toddling into the ocean and being abandoned by the mother because penguins.

Well, sure, you gotta get to them before Ozzy bites their heads off.

• Notification Spam Recipient

today I dreamt of going on a forest walk with (an apparent) business buddy. Eventually we came to a river/lake and began to swim in it.

Little did we know there were merpeople in that body of water. Somehow we got separated and I was snared by a mermaid. We talked for a bit, but then she started swimming (and pulling me along). I guess I was feeling frisky because I tried to rub her cloaca, but she wasn't having it, instead insisting that we not be late for the meeting.

Meanwhile, business buddy was also captured, but he knew and expected it to happen because he was the one above-mentioned meeting was for! His mermaid was frisking him all over but he kept shoving her away asking to get to the important meeting instead, which she took as some kind of role-play scenario and consequently ignored him.

That scene annoyed me so NEXT!

Last scene I was driving on the freeway and exited, stopping at the intersection to turn left. The light turned green and the other left lane moved, but mine didn't. Wondering what was going on I watched as a guy in the front car got out and unknown unknown to each of the cars behind, eventually getting to me. I think he was walking around to each of the cars and taking stuff from each of the drivers, from one a wallet, another their phone, another their hat. Once this was done he jovially reentered his car and sped off.
    Apparently during this time his female accomplice was out doing similar, and I made physical contact with her.

Shortly after I detected someone trying to hack into my account and I guessed it was those two I encountered (cause, you know, stolen phone). I managed to find their little apartment and unintentionally entered it. The dude wasn't there but the girl was. She was surprised to see me. We talked while a printer was printing personal details of people. Nothing of note happened for a minute until the guy came home. He attempted to attack me, but I restrained him and began assimilating him. Then I did his not-exactly-girlfriend, and they entered the collective as activist spies.

It was getting ridiculous so I ended the dream there.

• Last night, I dreamt that I was about to be late. It was 8:55am and I'm supposed to be at office on 9 o'clock.

Normally I'll travel by bus/minibus to MTR station and switch to MTR train there. The journey will take 10 minutes plus bus/minibus wait time of 8-15 minutes. Alternatively, I can run to the MTR station and it takes about 15 minutes (literally straight downhill with a footbridge in between). Therefore, in the dream I chose to run there.

And then strange thing happened. Somehow I found myself running into a mid-hill level town with distorted really (the buildings were in strange shape, etc.). I think I must be turning in right corner somewhere (in really, there is no corner to turn at all, so I call it straight). There was a boy playing basketball on the street and he throw the ball towards me. I sensed the ball coming and caught the ball without looking, then immediate throwing the ball to the back.

I keep running and running, hoping to find the right way down the hill. Then some time later I found the restaurant that's at the side of MTR station on a slope. But the place is a bit far from there. Then I heard a girlish voice echo in the air, telling me "Don't worry, I've prepared a bike down the slope for you. You can take that to the MTR station. Just leave it at the station when you're there." And I shouted back "Is that okay? I don't even know you." and she replied "I trust you. Just take the bike and hurry up.".

That's the point I woke by the alarm clock.

@cheong said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Just take the bike and hurry up.

Life's lessons learned!

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

Last night both of us dreamed about video games.

@Cloak15 dreamed he had a copy of Persona 5. It was like Persona 3, but with new music. We agreed that's probably not realistic, but who knows, we haven't started playing yet.

I dreamed we were (still) playing 999. There was a lot of math, and I thought the answer was five, but it wasn't. I maintain that my dream was spot-on.

• Impossible Mission - B

Last night I dreamed I was driving somewhere and I kept getting pulled over, again and again, by one cop or another, always for some ridiculously frivolous reason.

• BINNED

@masonwheeler
    So you ... in your dream you where black?
    🚎

@masonwheeler said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

ridiculously frivolous reason

• Merging too often into other lanes.
    • Exceeding surrounding traffic speed by 4 mph
    • Failing to indicate lane change with turn signals on an empty road.
    • Driving with windows down in the rain.
    • Left mirror hanging off the hinge.

Filed under: One of these didn't actually happen

Was playing some kind of Mario 64 hack and decided to leave. The unknown person's house I exited from was in a cul-de-sac and for whatever reason instead of getting into my truck I noticed the next door neighbor's garage was open, with desirable stuffs inside. The Windows were all jacked up and it appeared the house was abandoned, so I go to the front door and knock.
    Nobody was there but inside did look sparsely furnished, so I turned back. By the time I got to the driveway I saw a man approx age 52 size tall 6'9" coming through the garage area.
    He promptly wraps his two hands around in neck and says something to the effect of going away (still strangling me). I reply thank you for being a neighbor, and he squeezes harder asking me if I think he's serious now. I inform him I would gladly leave if he releases me, but this is ignored. Still as calm as a button, I warn him of the impending usage of force, and after ignoring me again I flip him in his back and somehow restrain him.
    As soon as I can breath again I woke up.

Two words:

Semen

Everywhere.

• Last night I dreamed my wife let me go down on her.

Two words:

Semen

Everywhere.

@anotherusername said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Last night I dreamed my wife let me go down on her.

Mmmmmmm...

So it seems y'all were a but hungry last night? :D

• FoxDev

@ben_lubar Seamen is one word :P

• Really long dream about some type of parasitic infection. Not quite like zombies, more like amoebic tentacles of living slime. It'd infect anything living. It didn't use them for mobility though; its tentacles did that just fine on their own. In areas that were infested heavily enough, it could reach right out of the ground itself to try to grab whatever moved. Most of the dream consisted of trying to find a safe place that hadn't been infested...

• FoxDev

@anotherusername Someone's been watching too much hentai :P

• @RaceProUK nope. Best I can fathom is it incorporated aspects from a movie I watched not long ago:

Although, the dream really didn't resemble that movie much at all. (The infection in that movie wasn't mobile on its own.)

• Dreamed that the guy from the insurance company who called yesterday evening, and who I directed to call my wife later turned out to have been a wrong number. In my dream, my wife texted me like WTF, and it turned out that the guy was not from the insurance company (despite me distinctly remembering hearing him say that he was) and was actually trying to call a woman who had posted on Craigslist to sell her car (same model as my wife's) . The last thing I remember from the dream was texting him saying "hey sorry about the confusion but I was expecting this guy to call about my wife's car, and when you called me I thought you were him; actually though I think you have the wrong number" or something to that effect.

I think I must only remember my dreams when I go to bed (or fall asleep) especially late, and don't get well rested, or something like that...

• 🚽 Regular

Dreamed that Ozzy Osborne drove into my car and apologized saying he was drunk. He offered us a million dollars to avoid the cops, and my wife and I agreed, and also harbored him as a fugitive in our house. He then sang Crazy Train with us, and shortly after the song began I woke up.

last night's dream was too chaotic. I do remember there being a mostly-girls sleepover at the house, and I awoke to that and had to shower. But for some reason this meant going outside to the trampoline and setting up the garden hose. Then I was like, "screw this!" and went inside, only to discover my underwear was missing (the new pair, I was still mostly dressed) and shenanigans happened while I tried to recover it.

• @Tsaukpaetra said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

a mostly-girls sleepover at the house

:giggity:

I awoke to that and had to shower

only to discover my underwear was missing

shenanigans happened while I tried to recover it

@anotherusername said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Unfortunately, that didn't actually happen because I didn't achieve lucidity before awakening.

• Last night, I dreamt that I was travelling on a double deck bus. Then suddenly a big "bang" sound happened and the bus immediately brake. (There was also sharp noise of braking of other vehicles nearby.)

After a while, the bus driver come to the upper deck and told us to leave the bus because an explosion happened at adjacent vehicles. Instead of evacuating through the normal exit, we have to use the emergency exit at the upper deck to leave.

When we reached the rear side of the bus, we found that instead of normal location, it's the style of lower deck emergency exit located behind the final row of seats.

We bend the leftmost three seat forward and turn the seats 90 degrees to the right and we have access to the door.

After pressing the "Open" lever, it slides open like what we see in SF movies, and a bridge with handrail was ejected and docked to a steel bridge (something like the path HVAC workers goes for checking and repairing). And in reality, that place should be groups of concrete footbridge like this one.
    https://www.google.com.hk/maps/place/Kwai+Shing+Circuit,+Kwai+Chung/@22.3676795,114.1336348,3a,75y,278.41h,119.3t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sV4MIvBLLvLVZ7AxgaGrs3A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x3403f895d74743c3:0xc88f34eea723fcf8!8m2!3d22.3618674!4d114.1264083!6m1!1e1

I woke up shortly afterwards.

• ♿ (Parody)

@cheong Wow! How do you get the screenshots from your dreams?

• @boomzilla said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

It's just an image of ordinary bus emergency exit on lower deck to show you how hilarious the setting of the dream was. :P

@boomzilla said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Obviously be had a debugger attacked.

• ♿ (Parody)

Obviously be had a debugger attacked.

Profiler brutality is a serious subject.

@boomzilla said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

is

OMG my keyboard is being quite hard-handed with autocorrect today...

• :belt_onion:

So, last night I had a fairly entertaining dream in which discussion on the forum prompted me to buy a little $79.99 "space station" kit from Amazon; I was (apparently) fuelled by nostalgia from younger days in which this was (apparently) (?!) a thing; I programmed and launched that space station kit into orbit around the moon. After a while, (standing in my backyard) I eventually found it and watched it for a while, after which its light eventually failed and it crashed (uh, out of orbit?!) a fair distance away. I considered solar power as an alternate power mechanism for it, as it seemed to stay up for some time and I therefore had some reaction mass to work with,. But as an adult, I had to consider the negative effects of picking this up as a regular hobby; I would have had to cancel my car insurance (uh, what?!) as amateur rocketry was out of bounds of that insurance policy, and I would have had to have picked up a higher-risk plan from another provider.

Of course, when I woke up I realized there wasn't a SINGLE aspect of the physics of that dream that was seemingly possible and I probably picked up the whole thing from a Heinlein YA novel or something, but I really had felt like during the dream that this was something I would have normally done anyway when I was younger as part of a Boy Scouts astronomy badge or something (yes, I was in the Boy Scouts when I was young; what of it?!).

Anyway, I interpret the whole thing as a reflection on my life before graduate school; I thought it was busy before, but my God, in a week or so I'm not going to understood how I thought that, and I'm going to have to pick something else up. Needle-stitching or something. What did I do before my life was work 250% of the time? Presumably watch YouTube videos and fall asleep. I don't even understand the idea of that life now.

• @heterodox Are you sure it's really about space station? 😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXFhL1xF_G8

• @heterodox sounds like Kerbal Space Program.

I had a tornado dream again.

Fuck tornado dreams.

This one got real meta: I realized that the reason I have tornado dreams so often is that it was a premonition, because I was going to die in a tornado, and now I knew, but I'd never have the chance to tell anyone because I was about to hit the ground--

and then I woke up.

• @Yamikuronue seems your story had a twist ending

• I dreamed I was attacked by a dog every time I walked past a certain place. It was a large, dog with fluffy black fur, not sure what breed, and it was running loose in the street without any owner nearby.

The first time I walked past it lunged at me but I avoided being bitten and got away. Then later I walked past again and it jumped on me, trying to bite me, but I grabbed it by both sides of its collar and held its head away from me. I had to twist the collar to make it tighter, not to choke the dog but so that it couldn't slip out or get enough room to bite my hands.

So there I was lying on my back with a big black dog on top of me, struggling to get free from my grip so it could bite me. I was trying to scream for help but I couldn't draw enough breath and I wasn't making much sound. There were about six little kids lined up by a garden wall near to me, watching; for some reason I had no fear that they were in danger, the dog was only going to attack me, but I couldn't ask them to try and help so I tried to tell them to call the police, but I don't think any of them understood.

Eventually the dog's owner happened to arrive and without even getting the dog under control just started berating me for how I was holding it and telling me to let go. I declined. I don't recall exactly how I eventually got the dog off me but it must have happened because I didn't get bitten and the dream continued.

Later again, I had to go and visit some neighbour - I think I might have been collecting my younger brother who for some reason was a child even though I was my current age from playing there. She opened the door and we recognised each other: it was of course the dog's owner. She reluctantly let me in and then the dog saw me and came for me again, but I don't remember any more.

@CarrieVS said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

So there I was lying on my back with a big black dog on top of me, struggling to get free from my grip so it could bite me

That sounds like grounds for unwanted.... Um... Eating? Yeah, we'll go with eating...

• @CarrieVS said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

It was a large, dog with fluffy black fur, not sure what breed

• @ben_lubar Not quite. It wasn't entirely dissimilar to a collie, if you can get all-black collies.

• @CarrieVS said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

@ben_lubar Not quite. It wasn't entirely dissimilar to a collie, if you can get all-black collies.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/a/a5/Garm.jpg

• @ben_lubar Fluffier, but not too far off the mark.

• Impossible Mission - B

@wharrgarbl said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

@Yamikuronue seems your story had a twister ending

FTFY

• I dreamt that I've been reading physics book of various topics. Say, we all know about 3 dimensions, but there is also dimension-0 that contains how things work underneath. It's just like when you're watching a socket on the wall, dimension-0 holds the wires behind the panel. If you can change things in dimension-0, you can achieve something like magic that alter the properties of things.

And then there is the forth dimension, where it's like metadata of things. If you can access that, it'll be convenient places for you to store objects because that space is always at the same relative position to you.

And no, time is not a dimension because time never goes backwards. You gain extra day by travelling in the reverse direction of earth rotation because when you do this, every seconds passed for you is slower than every second you would have been experienced if you stay at the same place, because "time on earth" is defined by the relative angle of the sun. Because of this, no matter how fast you go, the relative "speed of time" will never reach below 0.

And then it also talks about "heat death". It said although energy travels from high density place to lower density place, heat death will not happen. The answer is in your fridge. The coolant absorbs and release heat as it is placed in different pressure.

When large enough stars dies in the universe, they suffer gravitygravitational collapse and form black holes. In black holes, energy like heat and light cannot escape and keep being absorbed into that, and matters with mass will keep compacting there (The book also said there is no "white hole" in the other end). As the matter inside keep gaining energy, it will reach certain threshold and it gain enough energy to break the confinement of gravity. When it happens, the black hole is changed into "big bang" that spilt the extremely hot matters at extreme speed across the universe. Therefore, there is always entropy gradient. If the black hole is very large, the "big bang" action may stop when all the most energetic outer materials leaved, before the "black hole" is emptied. In the case the "black hole" becomes "black hole" again, with smaller mass and therefore with lower gravity. This produce waves and waves of energetic material ripples that forms ripple like pattern of galaxy system. Repeat this process until the black hole is eventually emptied, where is such case, the black hole dies.

There are also topics that I cannot remember. It's kind of interesting to have such a dull dream of reading a book. :rofl: And I cannot remember reading such book. Maybe it's a combination of books that I've read before. (I've spent much of my childhood in the public libraries.)

@cheong said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Maybe it's a combination of books that I've read before.

Nah, it's probably just knowledge stored in the 4th dimension. ;)

I dreamed I was responsible for restoring the Power Rangers. Outside the high school I was doing some sort of demo with a guitar performing riffs unbelievable. Eventually a drum could be heard, and not long after the watching students started cheering the chorus. When the energy got impressive enough, six students suddenly came forth and powered up! So epic!

And then I was apparently on vacation, except not really because I was finding cheaper ways to get to the new location of BABSCon, traveling from airport to bus station. Met a young couple 👫, the girl was afraid of flying so I did really bad attempt to assuage her. We eventually board and I realize I left all my luggage behind. Sadness, because now identity theft.

• @Tsaukpaetra said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

the girl was afraid of flying so I did really bad attempt to assuage her

• I dreamed that I played ARMS on the Nintendo Switch VR. Of course it wasn't like the real ARMS, because it was just a dream. It was basically a game where you bounced a ball around your field of view, and it was incredibly fun.

Then I woke up and found my high school class playing with the Switch on a giant screen, so I thought I'd give them a demonstration of the game on the Switch VR. Of course this one was more clunky because it was real and the previous one was just a dream.

• Last night I dreamt that I walked in a light passage (not exactly a passage, because there's no walls, ceiling or floor).

As I was walking straight there, don't know where I'm going to, different animal starts to appear. Horse, dog, cat, snake, bird, etc. I didn't feel scared but still raised my arms to guard myself.

Then those animal started kissing my arms (touch my arms with their lips or beak, not biting or licking, and there's no feeling of mouth water left afterwards. There wasn't pain when "being hit with beak" either). As soon as they kissed my arms, they headed away from me.

This repeats until I woke up (There was like 100+ animals kissed me this way)