The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread

• Notification Spam Recipient

@HardwareGeek said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

@Tsaukpaetra said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Dream notes (transcribed from audio clip):

TIL @Tsaukpaetra's dreams are generated by a Markov chain.

The transcriptions sure are! And the input was the sugar summary at that!

I don't want to know.

Well, [Explanation snipped]

Reading comprehension failure.

🙇 But of course! Either that, or deliberate ignorance... ;)

• Last night's dream: I was somehow conscripted into the army for the Confederacy of Independent Systems (strange since they used droid armies) and got ambushed by a group of Jedi. I quickly surrendered because I didn't want anything to do with the CIS anyway, and then someone lit a fuse on a bomb outside the building. As the Jedi and I started running away I shouted "Someone has set us up the bomb!" It started to explode, and despite me being the only non-Jedi in the group I used the Force to fling it into the air and save us all. Also strange was that I was completely unarmed the entire time I was in the CIS army.

My second dream started with security kicking me out of Macy's in the local mall--well, it was named after the local mall, but the layout was totally wrong, plus there is no Macy's there--because I was napping on their furniture displays (do they even sell furniture?). Then I had to escape the mall because it got firebombed from the inside, and the escape required me to scale a completely vertical concrete wall with no handholds or surface details of any kind. While on the side of this wall I found a secret stash of old Walther pistols and one prototype M16 rifle. Somehow I took my hands off the face of the wall (no idea how they were holding me up to begin with) and could float long enough to stuff the pistols in my back pocket, but I think I woke up before I could figure out what to do with the M16.

• @mott555 said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

there is no Macy's there--because I was napping on their furniture displays (do they even sell furniture?)

They used to. No idea if they still do; I haven't shopped anywhere that up-scale in years.

• I awoke remembering only the voice and the declaration it made, with no other context. It said, "I gave you an order Deputy Dawg. You will be there, on time, or I will have you locked in your own jail."

• Yesterday I dreamed I was buying several large bottles of water.

@groo said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Yesterday I dreamed I was buying several large bottles of water.

Did you end up sticking your hand in a bowl filled using them?

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

I dreamed I was playing the new Pokemon game (the one that's not out yet), and they had this really awesome feature: as you were walking around in the grass, you could see pokemon on the map, and if you ran into them instead of a battle it'd do a Pokemon Go like thing, where you had berries and balls and you had to convince the pokemon to join you. And if you were in a regular battle near one of these grass pokemon, it might join in and make it a two-on-one battle, because it likes you and wants to prove itself to you. And you could physically pet the pokemon, so I was all cuddled up to a Blissey, feeding it berries, but the damn thing wouldn't go into the ball because they have a super difficult catch coefficient and I couldn't lower its HP in this mode. But I got to pet it! It felt like mochi.

Then James from Team Rocket and Bruce Wayne were at a dinner together, and Bruce noticed that James didn't eat chicken and only drank fruit juice. From that, he deduced (being the World's Greatest Detective) that he was a combination of Christian and Buddhist, and he was asking him about his religious choices. James was being super polite about the whole thing, but it was clear Batman was going to be paying him a visit later.

• Impossible Mission - B

I've been having a recurring dream theme (not the same dream, but the same basic elements) for many years now, at least as far back as high school: I'll be trying to get somewhere. It's important and urgent, and I'm in a hurry, so I'm running, but suddenly my legs lose all their strength and I'm exhausted and I have to walk, then stumble and fall and try to crawl onward. It's extremely disconcerting every time it happens.

@masonwheeler said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

but suddenly my legs lose all their strength and I'm exhausted and I have to walk, then stumble and fall and try to crawl onward.

You need to learn how to levitate. Or start breathing again.

Today I recovered a few scenes.
    First scene: I'm shopping with several coworkers.
    Next scene: I've exited the store, coworkers have disappeared except Random Love Interest, and were walking through the parking lot back towards work (somehow the store is connected to the same lot as work). I suggest we get something to eat and she runs away/disappears.
    Next scene: I'm sitting next to a slowly flowing river about three inches deep it looks like the river should be bigger. I hear a noise and look upstream, it appears to be a micro tsunami about four feet high. It reaches and passes by me, and the water level ends up waist high.
    Next scene: after trogging upstream a bit, I find a lake that's suspiciously similar to the parking lot. Love Interest is there, apparently caught a fish. Not willing to be outdone, I also manage to spear a fish (though it might be slightly smaller) and end up carrying both fish.
    Next scene: we're making our way back to the store, meanwhile the water has drained and the cars have taken their place in the parking lot.
    Next scene: Back in the store,I'm Manning a register, Love Interest is working the aisle next to mine. Apparently we're scanning out product or something because we have no customers. Love Interest is dismayed that one of the boxes has only one item left in it, so she can't restock it with a new box. Ever the chivalrous guy, I take the last item and have her check me out. I think it was a pack of gum or something. Supervisor is upset I did shopping while on the clock. While departing Love Interest says something. I don't recall exactly, but the meaning was something to the effect of," when you're ready for the next step, ask me to dinner."
    Next scene: sadly, no shenanigans occured, so I return "home". Home is a illogical house, two stories, many walls, doors, and stairs missing. The dog is upstairs for some reason (despite the lack of stairs) and I need to retrieve it so it can eat and stuff. The only way up there is a ladder made of PVC pipe and zip ties. I get to revisit my fear of climbing ladders,but I make it up with no technical issues.
    End dream.

I dreamed that my company put in place a rule: to be considered a candidate for a manager position, you had to run in the company's charity marathon. I tried to get an exception due to medical concerns, but was told it'd hurt my chances significantly anyway, so I figured, fuck it, I'll give it a shot. I started out trying to jog, and having to curb my enthusiasm to a walk because I kept reminding myself it's a longer run than I think.

The course wasn't well laid out, and I kept getting lost or ending up on earlier sections of the course. Part of it went indoors through our new headquarters, and I got even more lost, and kept going up and down stairs. My legs were seriously hurting, I had that tunnel vision you get when you're in a lot of pain and exhausted and have to keep moving.

When I woke up my legs actually hurt, and worse when I got out of bed. They didn't relax until I got up and moving and realized I was fine.

@Yamikuronue said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

having to curb my enthusiasm to a walk because I kept reminding myself it's a longer run than I think.

I need to get myself checked out....

• @Yamikuronue said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Bruce noticed that James didn't eat chicken and only drank fruit juice. From that, he deduced (being the World's Greatest Detective) that he was a combination of Christian and Buddhist

0_1474166519556_Untitled.jpg

First scene: I'm shopping with several coworkers.
    Next scene: I've exited the store, coworkers have disappeared except Random Love Interest, and were walking through the parking lot back towards work (somehow the store is connected to the same lot as work). I suggest we get something to eat and she runs away/disappears.
    Next scene: I'm sitting next to a slowly flowing river about three inches deep it looks like the river should be bigger. I hear a noise and look upstream, it appears to be a micro tsunami about four feet high. It reaches and passes by me, and the water level ends up waist high.
    Next scene: after trogging upstream a bit, I find a lake that's suspiciously similar to the parking lot. Love Interest is there, apparently caught a fish. Not willing to be outdone, I also manage to spear a fish (though it might be slightly smaller) and end up carrying both fish.
    Next scene: we're making our way back to the store, meanwhile the water has drained and the cars have taken their place in the parking lot.
    Next scene: Back in the store,I'm Manning a register, Love Interest is working the aisle next to mine. Apparently we're scanning out product or something because we have no customers. Love Interest is dismayed that one of the boxes has only one item left in it, so she can't restock it with a new box. Ever the chivalrous guy, I take the last item and have her check me out. I think it was a pack of gum or something. Supervisor is upset I did shopping while on the clock. While departing Love Interest says something. I don't recall exactly, but the meaning was something to the effect of," when you're ready for the next step, ask me to dinner."
    Next scene: sadly, no shenanigans occured, so I return "home". Home is a illogical house, two stories, many walls, doors, and stairs missing. The dog is upstairs for some reason (despite the lack of stairs) and I need to retrieve it so it can eat and stuff. The only way up there is a ladder made of PVC pipe and zip ties. I get to revisit my fear of climbing ladders,but I make it up with no technical issues.

I mentally did a s/hop/lee/ and it made the whole thing better, so I just kept going with it...

One of the successfully recovered scenes involved me at a car dealership. We were demonstrated rack servers, and the one I was being shown looked like an HP model.
    The salesman said it was running Windows server 2010,and when I started looking at it it looked like those crappy Linux distros with a Windows 95 skin on it. It even had a ugly 16x16 🌎 (globe) symbol for the start button.
    It actually took forever to load the desktop, because the kiosk software was set to be the screensaver and it wouldn't exit properly.
    It was a little terrifying.

• I often suffer from insomnia, and when I do sleep I wake up constantly because I'm a really light sleeper. Once I wake up, it's hard for me to fall back asleep. One of the remedies I've tried is melatonin, which is a natural hormone that helps trigger sleepiness. It kind of helps, sometimes.

Last night I just wanted to sleep so I took 30 mg, way more than I've ever taken before. That was easily the best night's rest I've ever had in my life. I don't think I woke up at all prior to 2 AM, and I have super vivid dreams the entire night. Normally there is very little visual detail in my dreams, but last night I spent most of my dreams wandering around and exploring, marveling that my sleeping brain was capable of generating such detailed imagery (the whole time I knew they were just dreams). At one point I was outside, looking at some kind of textured surface that had a bubble-like surface, and noticing all the specular highlights from the sun and how they rotated around the bubbles as I changed my point of view.

Yes, I was treating my dreams like some kind of awesome tech demo. I hardly remember the dreams themselves other than the fact that they contained incredibly detailed environments.

One downside is it apparently takes my mind some time to fully recover from that dosage. I thought I lost my keys this morning and didn't notice until I got to work. I went back home and found them still in my door lock. I'd locked the door and left the keys hanging there. I'm normally not capable of that kind of forgetfulness.

@mott555 said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Yes, I was treating my dreams like some kind of awesome tech demo

Yeah, because my dreams run under what's essentially a Ram Disk, that's all they really can be.
    Well, not in the way you were demoing. ;)

@mott555 said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

One downside is it apparently takes my mind some time to fully recover from that dosage.

For me, it takes hours to take effect, like it's delayed while my body processes it or something.

Those days I don't wake up until like 3pm.

After a seven-hour shift running a photobooth and helping hundreds of customers I did, in fact, dream I was running a photobooth. I kept having fever-dream-style image montages, where I was trying to do something and not succeeding and the something had to do with taking pictures or greeting throngs of customers. Then I'd wake up, bite back a scream of pain, and try to get into a comfortable position so I could pass out again. Thank god for muscle relaxants or I'd not have slept at all.

Later, when it hurt less bad, I dreamed I was watching some anime about two girls in a very small space capsule playin some sort of game, and it was hard to tell who was speaking each statement: the girl who knew the game, the girl who was learning, or the automated scorekeeping capsule. I only figured out the one girl was learning the game and what the rules were by reading an article on Ars Technica about the manga, which was much clearer.

There was another dream fragment about being in a huge building and trying to get to a certain floor but the elevator was broken and I had a small cat and a big dog and the two didn't like each other, and there was a play I wanted to see, and after ages of elevator shenanigans I realized the play wasn't even going on that night.

Then I went to work and found out they'd moved all the desks and re-arranged the building over the weekend, and my boss was confused why nobody sent out a communication, but I was meant to report to someone's office for homeroom in place of doing company-wide announcements anymore, which was expected to cut back on email by 30%. Also, one of the floors had a walkway which was missing a railing and also several chunks from the floor so it was way easy to plummet to the floor below. I decided to work from home.

I woke up in the middle of trying to fill out a 50-shades-style contract for one of my RP characters while a really bitchy popular-girl type kept one-upping her in every way: my char would make chocolate-covered oreos for her boyfriend, and the bitchy girl brought him a cake, and then had the gall to look surprised and say "Oh, but this has nothing to do with her little cookie thing! Not even in the same league!"

• ♿ (Parody)

People kept showing up at my "house" to collect money. Could have been gambling debts or loans. That was never clear. Some were just there to try to steal large amounts of cash, apparently. And it was one of those nights where I could use people's heads as punching bags without any apparent effect.

• I rarely remember my dreams at all, and when I do, they usually fade very quickly on awakening. That I remember anything of the dream long enough to tell y'all is unusual, and it's not clear to me how much of my memory is of the dream itself and what may have been added by my waking mind to make sense of the memory of the dream.

That said, the dream as I remember it was experienced from the POV of a young woman. "I" am young, attractive and a virgin. I'm sitting in a room with a man — some sort of office or conference room. He is fully dressed; I am naked. I am trying to prevent him from touching me because (I think, but this is a bit I'm not sure was actually part of the dream as I was dreaming it) I am some kind of spy, and my mission is to be sold into slavery in some hell-hole country where some rich guy I'm supposed to spy on will pay top dollar for virgins, and I don't want random dude destroying my value for the mission. Maybe he's supposed to be verifying my claim of virginity; maybe he has ideas of his own. In any case, he's trying to touch me, and I'm resisting. (There may or may not have been some consensual touching earlier in the dream; if so, that part has faded from waking memory.)

• Impossible Mission - B

Not my dream, but a friend told me about it because I was in it:

I went into an office building and got in the elevator in the lobby. I hit the button and it started going up... and then it started zooming up, way too fast. I got all freaked out, and then it started moving sideways! After a minute it stopped, and the door opened and [mutual friend] got in.

He hit the button and it kept going up, but then it started going sideways again, and he was looking at me like "what's going on?" We were both freaking out, especially when the elevator car started spinning around and swaying back and forth!

At about the point where I thought I was going to die for sure, the door opened, and I looked out and the elevator was hanging there over open space, outside of the building. I looked up and saw that it was being held up by a crane, and when I looked over, there you were at the controls of the crane, laughing at the two of us for panicking so much, like it was the greatest prank ever.

So apparently I troll my friends in their dreams. That's amusing to know.

That's amusing to know.

Ah, but is it surprising? Too many people seem to be surprised what others think of them...

• Trolleybus Mechanic

I hate driving in my dreams.

Brakes Don't Work
    I'll slam down on the brakes as hard as I can, but it'll feel like I'm not applying any force at all. Or that I'm sitting too far back and no matter how much I extend my leg, I can't fully depress the pedal. I chalk this up to the "actually lying down" theory from earlier.

Cops Everywhere
    I guess I'm paranoid, but they are after me. Everywhere I look in a dream, speed trap or unmarked cop car. And oh gee look at that I just happen to be going 10 over, or a tail light is out, or I guess I just ran a stop sign. Sometimes they ignore me. Other times they give chance and I avoid them. Or I get pulled over, given a ticket and then the dream ends.

Turn for the worst
    I'll be driving, and since braking is hard (as established above), it makes turning even harder. I'll struggle to turn, but will always end up going wide. And of course this is on an overpass, or a bridge, or a cliffside. So I'll go over the railing. Sometimes this just means I'll end up landing on some other lane and have to make a U-Turn or take an alternate path. But othertimes, it's game fucking over-- going over a cliff and into a lake, I'm dead. But in that moment, I'll think "no, wait, I didn't fuck up, I get another go at this", and will effectively reload from a save point a few seconds earlier, and make the turn.

Don't know what that's doing to my survival instincts. :|

But the worst is...

NOFOLLOW mode
    This one drives me absolutely shitbonkers. I'll be driving along, first person POV, everything is good. And then I'll have to do a maneuver-- like turn onto an onramp and merge onto the highway. The moment I start, it's like my entire perspective is zoomed out-- like an out-of-body experience, except I have the wheel with me. I'll just ZOOM fly out and see the car driving from a distance. It's like if you were playing Doom, and you're running at full speed. Things are good, you're in first person. And then you press tab to bring up the map-- and don't realize you're in NO FOLLOW mode. Instead of an easy to navigate first-person, you're suddenly just this little dot-- and instead of the scenery moving with you, the map is still-- and your little dot dude has shot off in some random direction. Except the "forward" key is stuck, so all you can do is try to re-orinetate yourself to the direction the dot is moving in and hope to get control over it.

Of course I panic, because it isn't just a dot-- it's my car. And presumably I'm in that car. And it's doing 100kmph down an on-ramp into busy traffic, and is it nearly impossible to control the car (seriously, imagine trying to drive a R/C car from 500m away)-- but I'm also losing sight of it because it's moving to the edge of the "screen". Things are going to fuck up huge and I'm going to crash and it's going to damage the car and increase premiums and make me late and I might die OMG OMG OMG!

Sometimes I can force myself to blink, and "reset" the view-- but that usually just switches screens to a different overhead view, instead of going back into the cockpit of the car.

With driving like that, no wonder the cops are always after me.

@Lorne-Kates said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

I'll struggle to turn, but will always end up going wide.

Yeah, that sucks all the time.

I woke with the tail end of a dream in my head: I had interpreted what Temmie was saying to mean "The Winterrose is attacking your village... from the past?" A building flashed, and suddanly was falling apart as if it had been poorly constructed or not maintained for years. "Oh, the Winterrose is attacking your village from the past. I guess we'd better go back and stop her!"

I woke up, blinked, and went, "huh... My Little Pony Undertale adventures? Sure, I'm down for that." I closed my eyes, reaching for the dream again... and my alarm went off.

Goddamn alarm, stealing MLP/Undertale crossover dreams from me.

My Little Pony Undertale adventures? Sure, I'm down for that.

Can you imagine their shock when {Main Character}'s soul appears?

That would be an interesting crossover actually...

That would be an interesting crossover actually...

back me on Patreon and I'll write it :D

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election Banned

Okay I'm going to interpret your dream a little bit. Sorry.

it was clear Batman was going to be paying him a visit later.

:giggity:

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election Banned

I suggest we get something to eat and she runs away/disappears.

Sounds like my ex tbh. Except s/ she / he /

@Fox said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Except s/

This forum has taught my language interpretation what that actually means. I mean,syntactically in a shell environment I knew, but Now it's part of the natural mode.

@aliceif said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

@Yamikuronue
    http://scotchtapeofficial.tumblr.com/post/150783152522

Wow, that was fail.

Isn't it supposed to be "Overwatch, homestuck, undertale"?

• This Monday I dreamt about playing online game similar to GW2. I was hurrying to a event that is about to start. The waiting point to the event is on a huge wooden bridge that you need to jump down the cliff to there.

When I jumped, I jumped too near and dropped into the water. But I have no problem simply "jump" to go back to the bridge.

There were already lots of other players waiting at the time. I move my character heading the center part of the bridge to make more room for other players come later than me. Then we discovered when we move near one of the wooden box that have a player standing on it, it moves! At that point we act together to push the wooden box near the another end of the bridge - the end that on top of, and halfway pointed outside a great waterfall.

That was the time when some other player used a skill to blow the box away with the player, and they falls directly down the waterfall. :rofl:

That was when I was awake and laughing in the morning, and my family thought I had gone crazy. 😉

• @Yamikuronue
    My Little Undertale Adventures in Sonicland II: Judy Hopps vs the Team Rocket

• I dreamed that I was a real-life superhero wannabe. Standing on rooftops, with a micro parachute/glider suit of some sort that let me fall down at (barely) safe speed, I'd literally stomp criminals from above.

I've spent a while wondering if it was feasible.

Today I dreamed I was taking logic tests guiding a cube of sorts. It started fairly sanely, two dimensional don't-touch-anything-but-this-color tasks, but soon enough the cube exited 3d space and I began guiding it through rooms Portal style. Near the end of the sequence I had an audience in the test chamber with me interfering with my testing, and I became upset that their presence prevented me from accurately analysing all the interaction points. So I exclaimed at them, "Hey, this test is for me, not you!" At which the audience did laugh at me. One of the mechanics of the test was to direct electrical energy beams (think arc lightning, but with only one endpoint), and so in my frustration I took a redirection ball and aimed it at the audience. Before I could compete the action though, the ball was disappeared and I was caught in the way of the beam instead. It almost felt... Nice. But the dream ended.

The prior scene before all that was me playing Mario 64 in the first snow level, racing the penguin until nearly the end when I jumped off the track and apparently used a multiple-stage teleportation glitch to get out of the cave and encounter some kind of skeleton snow boss? Anyways apparently you were supposed to be dealing with this guy using a combination of the flying cap and the metal cap, but since I had neither I executed another glitch that switched my character with Master Hand from super smash brothers. Of course, normal physics don't really apply very well to Master Hand, so at the conclusion of the battle instead of flinging me to the location of where the star spawned I ended up just getting stuck in limbo. Kinda.

I hallucinated a sound and it scared me, so I called out for my husband, but he couldn't hear me from the other room. Then my meds sucked me back into sleep before I could figure out how to work my cellphone to call him. I blame that for this dream:

I was writing a story about some superpowered humans escaping an earthquake and I was in London in some kind of office building, and I was getting yelled at because my characters were breaking the rules about where they were allowed to be and how much parkour was allowed. The buildings made no sense: going up a staircase I just came down would take me to a different location, and one set of stairs was impossible to get on from the top end, so you'd always end upon the outside of the iron fire-escape stairs trying to climb over the railing somewhere partway down. I took the lift and ended up somewhere entirely different again, this time in a dorm. The officials were made at me and trying to find me using hundreds of creepy children, but I managed to escape notice. I was trying to find my husband's dorm to get back to him, but I couldn't remember which room number it was, just which floor. I called him, but the recorded message said it was his Do not Disturb hours and to call back in the morning. Then there was a click, and a woman was imitating the recorded voice trying to coax me into giving more information, so I hung up. Then I was wandering about lost until I managed to wake up and cling to my husband's arm some more.

After I got back to sleep, I dreamed I was at a Straight No Chaser concert, and I got invited to come up and participate in some kind of skit. and it went amazing, and this really hot chick and I were dancing together and it was awesome. I came back the next day to invite her to my slumber party, but she got weirded out. So I stayed for another concert, and I got invited up again, but it was a different skit, this time involving swimming and mermaids and stuff.

Breaking the rules, the elements of that first dream seem pretty obvious:

Writing a story: I write stories a lot
    Locations not making sense: I was just talking in the Aspie thread about my dyscalculia and how I can't hold mental maps of buldings in my head
    Creepy children: my husband and I got to the part in the audiobook we're listening to with creepy children
    can't find my husband: the blurb at the top happened just before I went to sleep
    Do Not Disturb hours: I just joined a new Slack and set up my DND hours

• I need a haircut. I dreamed I trimmed the hair around my ears with my electric shaver, but only one side. I went to work, but oddly the difference between the two sides wasn't really noticeable. I have boring dreams.

I've been trying to get into livestreaming a bit more, with a service called beam.pro . the last scene last night was essentially me streaming a new game, first person detective style. The scene had merged out of the stream, so I was really now the detective on foot going through the neighborhoods. I came upon some goons and didn't interact correctly (or more accurately they didn't follow the script right) so I realizes that somehow I wasn't livestreaming anymore, just before they jumped me and stabbed me in the back with a nonlethal weapon (maybe it was a syringe? Just before I encountered them I witnessed them releasing a woman with strangely worded instructions) and I self-terminated the dream (unconsciously, I don't lucid dream almost at all).

• I dreamt about hanging out with people from the forum in a nice summer house and playing Mafia.

With proper lynchings.

I think I need to lay off this game for a bit...

• Impossible Mission - B

@Tsaukpaetra It's good to hear I'm not the only one who has dreams about ending up inside a video game...

@Tsaukpaetra It's good to hear I'm not the only one who has dreams about ending up inside a video game...

Well, under certain interpretations, my existence is a rather complicated and drawn-out video game.

The problem really is being able to detect if you're in one or not. Inception-wise, the containing system can actively prevent the internals from actively detecting the fact that they're in a container (which is why I didn't realize I wasn't in the game right away).

It's complicated, almost more so than frickin timey-wimey stuff.

I dreamed an awesome video game series.

The first game was like, visual novel meets Kingdom Hearts; kind of like Persona, except that the friendships you made translated into charms for your keyblade to give you different weapons. I'd already beaten it and was going for a new game plus. The story started with a girl's first day of high school, and the new game plus had a lot harder friendship paths, so I left off to play the sequel.

The sequel revolved around the girl and her crush over summer break. In the VN bits, there was this hot chick he'd started dating who was a total bitch to the girl but only when the guy wasn't around, so it was one of those love triangles. Instead of Kingdom Hearts gameplay though, the level sections (more like Catherine) had this sort of DDR level thing, representing the guys relationships with the girls. If you made poor choices in the VN section, it'd drop you into a harder level of the DDR thing, to recover the relationship or break up with the girl if you failed. The thing was, instead of having just arrows, it had four golden rails and there were dots on the rails showing when you had to hit the pad, so you lost the context of the arrow. Then the rails would twist and loop through space like a roller coaster. So you really just had to relax into it and focus on the notes.

During later parts of the game, two other gameplay bits would be interspersed with the DDR stuff: one was Trauma Center, where you were pulling the glass shards out of the flesh, symbolizing repairing the broken relationships. The other bit was singing, with the notes you had to sing displayed like a line graph.

The game was hard as shit, and we almost lost one girl early on, and her sudden death level was hard as balls. I was still trying to beat it when I woke up.

• @Yamikuronue said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

The other bit was singing, with the notes you had to sing displayed like a line graph.

Something like this, I guess?

0_1476574696188_upload-8666fe5d-c270-439f-b651-12353ff9a61a

Filed under: and now I feel like digging out my plastic guitar

@Maciejasjmj Yeah, but it was some super crazy song, it was going up and down like the dow jones stock exchange. So like that image blended with

0_1476575077342_upload-f14e5651-536c-4177-b9a0-df80aaa5eda1

• Some kind of huge alien invasion. The aliens were a gray goo type (except it was black) and could infect and possess human hosts, turning them into aliens. Water had a rapidly degenerative necrotizing effect that was capable of killing the goo or an infected individual, but that was ineffective in stopping the overall invasion due to their sheer numbers. Also, they eventually figured out some way to halt the spread of the necrosis with a layer of some type of oxidation that wasn't permeable by the water, so it didn't completely kill them. Eventually most of the humans had been turned into aliens and I ended up as one of a handful of non-infected humans left who were still fighting the aliens and trying to sabotage them.

• Impossible Mission - B

@Maciejasjmj Yeah, but it was some super crazy song, it was going up and down like the dow jones stock exchange. So like that image blended with

Out of curiosity, have you ever played Audiosurf?

Out of curiosity, have you ever played Audiosurf?

I wonder if that game will get a port to VR...

OMG if you didn't get motion sickness before, you'll certainly get it now!!!!

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

OMG if you didn't get motion sickness before, you'll certainly get it now!!!!

That depends on what track you pick.

• I dreamt that somehow TDWTF site is looking for more funding. And as part of fundraising campaign, they're selling "TDWTF wallet" on Kickstarter.

Like all other campaign on Kickstarter, I dreamt that (supposed to be) Alex himself also made a movie presenting the product they're going to sell. It looks like a common brown wallet with TDWTF logo on it. And lo and behold, after some sort of move like people playing magic, the wallet turns into a Monopoly game mat with deck of Chance, Community Chest, Deeds and models of real houses and hotels.

Just as I wondered about how could all these thing be possible to be packed inside that little space, and whether people can still be able to put their money inside, I heard the person presenting the product say "... And the best part of it is that, you can play it with real money."

That's the time I woke from the dream.