@HardwareGeek said in Dreams:

@ScholRLEA said in Dreams:

I wonder if I'm going crazy again.

Again? Did you ever stop? 😛

I'm sure it oscillates...

:giggity:

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

This post is deleted!

• I had a dream that I was a Skritt and I was hiding with a bunch of other Skritt underground under a car commercial set.

No idea what that means.

• Notification Spam Recipient

@ben_lubar said in Dreams:

I had a dream that I was a Skritt and I was hiding with a bunch of other Skritt underground under a car commercial set.

No idea what that means.

Well obviously you hadn't turned into a Na yet, so....

Wait, you weren't talking about Skrit-Na? Whoops...

• Trolleybus Mechanic

Had a dream where a co-worker and I were both working from home.

My home.

And for some reason that meant, fuck it, might as well just live here and stay overnight and here's the bed.

And then we spent a time doing work. Actual work. Like "Here, you QA this and I'll finish the code on the other project."

After a while I realized what could be, and I said "wait, why don't we have sex?"

Then the alarm went off.

• I had a dream that I was Slark in a crappy haunted house built inside some sort of combined grocery store + newspaper office. I have no idea what it meant.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

I had a dream that I was Slark in a crappy haunted house built inside some sort of combined grocery store + newspaper office. I have no idea what it meant.

It meant you're the one who killed print media.

• ♿ (Parody)

@Lorne-Kates said in Dreams:

After a while I realized what could be, and I said "wait, why don't we have sex?"

When I start having sex dreams that don't involve my wife, I feel real bad about it. Sometimes I stop it inside the dream...sometimes. Even if I don't, I feel real guilty and know that I'm doing something wrong. I don't think I've ever dreamed about a real person aside from my wife. At least...not in decades.

• @boomzilla said in Dreams:

I don't think I've ever dreamed about a real person aside from my wife.

Not even yourself?

Do your sex dreams consist of your wife having sex with another copy of your wife or something?

• ♿ (Parody)

Not even yourself?

How do you know I'm real?

Do your sex dreams consist of your wife having sex with another copy of your wife or something?

Not yet, but maybe I'll get lucky tonight!

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election Banned

@boomzilla said in Dreams:

How do you know I'm real?

Because he's your alt.

• @ben_lubar said in Dreams:

Not even yourself?

@boomzilla's wife is one of his alts

• I had a dream that I was in an in-person internship somewhere and I started walking home and somehow I ended up walking through the exit of the Best Buy near my dad's office (but without the store, so it was just a store exit with double doors without any store attached to it) and then my dad and grandpa were walking home and I joined them but they somehow circled back into the place I was having the internshp so I went the other way and somehow ended up encountering the results of my Reactive Drop alien spawn script and then the dream ended with me getting to a warehouse labelled "abandoned warehouse" which clearly had at least 3 people in it working. And then I woke up.

• I dreamt I walked to the top of some "mountain" that was really just a small concrete hill behind some small town with rows of bushes to obscure the view up or down. When I got to the top a tiger killed me instantly and when I respawned I went back to go get my stuff, and this time the tiger didn't kill me instantly but bit my ankle and it was scary and felt weird. Eventually I died from that and woke up.

• I had a dream that there was a shell injection exploit... in IP address handling.

• Notification Spam Recipient

I had a dream that there was a shell injection exploit... in IP address handling.

Reverse lookup attack?

• I had a dream that I went to a school and Inedo's headquarters was in a classroom. Also, my dhromebook fell apart completely when it was time to leave and after walking past someone dressed as a krait and for some reason making this sound, I walked into the parking lot where a bunch of my classmates from school were (whatever that job is at a school where you have a walkie-talkie and wander the hallways) and then I walked to the Inedo van which promptly tore itself in half somehow.

Then I woke up to Steam being down for the last 2 hours.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

then I walked to the Inedo van

Does the Inedo van look like this?

0_1482514164538_upload-e5205f06-9f16-4eaa-8c6d-fb906ab800f4

• FoxDev

whatever that job is at a school where you have a walkie-talkie and wander the hallways

Hall monitor, I think

• @RaceProUK said in Dreams:

Hall monitor

No, that's when you hang on a wall in the hallway and display announcements.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@boomzilla said in Dreams:

I don't think I've ever dreamed about a real person aside from my wife.

Not even yourself?

TIL even Boomzilla's wife is a Boomzilla alt.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@groo said in Dreams:

Not even yourself?

@boomzilla's wife is one of his alts

GODDAMN YOU STEALING MY JOKE MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!!

• Trolleybus Mechanic

Dreamt I designed a table-top action RPG based on Calvin and Hobbes. I set up a whole bunch of scenarios based on various strips, mostly anything that revolved around mystery or the supernatural. I had to go get photocopies of the character sheets and the topic-comic-strips, and apparently Calvin & Hobbes was so popular the Kinkos clerk knew which book each strip was from. There was even a (fifth) Calvin & Hobbes live action movie coming out, but I was in too much of a rush to see the trailer that was just released.

So I ran the scenarios (off screen) apparently. The players could be Calvin, or Hobbes, or Susie (with a slingshot), or Calvin's mom (for some reason). There were only four players, I guess.

Scoring it afterwards, apparently in each scenario one character tended to shine more than the others. A straight up brawl, Hobbes overpowered the monster with claws. In a thinking Scenario, Calvin's Mom was able to hack traffic lights, force the monster into crossing against the lights, and the monster got squished by a bus.

But tallying up the scores, it all balanced out and everyone did well on average. So I guess I did a really good job of character balance.

The next day (IRL) I was at Costco and they had the Complete Calvin & Hobbes collection. I already have all the books, but a collector's edition to have (and share with Molly) for $50? Can't pass that up.

So that's that.

• I've recently had a dream that was like one of those dramatic series. There was the setup of crime...I think it had to do with selling drugs in a hotel. Eventually a bunch of were murdered. Later I was being tried for these murders and then during the trial I brought out the surprise evidence that a police officer was setting me up.

I woke up around that point. I tried to really think about it because I wanted to remember later to tell my husband about it.

I fell back asleep, seem to dream something that could have been a continuation of it (fuzzy on details so not sure).

In the second part I remember trying to secretly watch some bad guys from a distance. I was not very good about staying hidden and eventually they captured me and others.

They tied us up in an empty water tower and then caused it to knock over. I remember thinking to relax as it fell to lessen the damage of the impact as the tower fell.

• Just had a strange one.

I got private access to a party for the fans of the Avengers movie. All the actors/ess from the Avengers were present. However, turns out I was the only person invited.

They got me really really drunk and I goofed off for a long time. Then I went home.

Paparazzi managed to get a picture of me, but only of my shirt. So they posted online asking who the fat guy in the striped shirt was.

I go home and the next night I get a call asking me to meet up for a job interview. I go, and it's the same people wanting to have another party because I was so fun. I complained saying "guys I can't do this every night".

• I play a lot of Duskers. I had a dream recently where I happened across the developer, Tim Keenan, in a restaurant or something, and we got to talking. I was trying to figure out the best way to shift the subject to the sheer number of bugs in the game that needed fixing without being rude about it.

I also had a somewhat lucid dream during a short nap - I was walking around and into my house when I stopped in the kitchen and realized I was dreaming, so I tried flying, and I noclipped through the ceiling before hovering back down - cool! I tried to do more but it broke the dream and I woke up.

Still no sound in those dreams or any other dreams I've had.

• Had a very long and detailed dream this morning about an apocalyptic scenario on Earth. The entire planet was being overgrown by forest, and I was on a island with like 100 people who were the last remnants of society. At some point I gave a speech about how all the dead fish you could see floating in the ocean were our fault as humanity and that we had to fix it. As I was wrapping up my speech and gesturing toward the dead fish, people noticed something all along the horizon of the sea, and it was getting closer. Impossible. We thought we were safe on the island, but the forest was apparently conquering even the oceans. The rate of growth was incredible, within hours we could clearly make out the trees. It seemed to be coming at the island from all directions, as if we were really the last place it had left to conquer. We were doomed. We did everything we could in the time we had left to prepare and put up a fight, but deep down we knew that if the rest of the world couldn't do it, we didn't have much of a chance either. The last part of my dream before I woke up was being inside a house with my relatives, surrounded by trees, with one of the walls of the house equipped with saws that were trying to cut the advancing trees. It wasn't very effective.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@lb_ It's World War Z Tree! Awesome…

• 🚽 Regular

I had a dream once where I dreamt I was dreaming.

Then my brain went "wait! this is a dream inside a dream. that's inefficient. I could be at just one level of dreaming".

So I woke up from my dream-in-a-dream to the "outside" dream, and I told the person lying next to me in a luxurious seaside mansion "hey, I was just dreaming" and she said "but this is already a dream. why were you dreaming inside a dream?" and I said "yeah, that's why I woke up".

• I had a dream about non-euclidean geometry in real life at a college campus. Above me there was construction to make a new outdoor roof thing to protect against the sun/rain for people walking under it, and to my left was a railing. I looked over the railing and down below was the top of the same construction and I could see myself down there. I kept looking back and forth and sure enough it was realtime. Honestly I just thought it was so cool that I dreamed it that I remembered it when I woke up.