Cool Game Design Videos

• I don't think we have this thread yet, so I'll start it. See also: Cool Computing Videos

I thought this was really interesting, about how a simple casual office game started to infect the office with paranoia and negative feelings:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9WMNuyjm4w

• @LB_ said in Cool Game Design Videos:

I thought this was really interesting, about how a simple casual office game started to infect the office with paranoia and negative feelings

That was a great talk.

So, how many Chinese companies stole his idea and made games exactly to his spec?

• @LB_ The fascinating thing here is that the moba problem is much more than he had time to learn for his talk:

1. There is an insane number of precise details: this increases the thought investment required
    2. There are countless opportunities to do things differently: you can always do something better, or worse
    3. If you fail, you directly contribute to the enemy team: no action has low stakes

Even if you keep out the rankings, which add additional hatred, it's pretty much mechanically perfect for causing hatred.