Cool Game Design Videos

• I don't think we have this thread yet, so I'll start it. See also: Cool Computing Videos

I thought this was really interesting, about how a simple casual office game started to infect the office with paranoia and negative feelings:
    The Prototype that was Banned from Halfbrick – 1:00:23
    — GDC

• @LB_ said in Cool Game Design Videos:

I thought this was really interesting, about how a simple casual office game started to infect the office with paranoia and negative feelings

That was a great talk.

So, how many Chinese companies stole his idea and made games exactly to his spec?

• @LB_ The fascinating thing here is that the moba problem is much more than he had time to learn for his talk:

1. There is an insane number of precise details: this increases the thought investment required
    2. There are countless opportunities to do things differently: you can always do something better, or worse
    3. If you fail, you directly contribute to the enemy team: no action has low stakes

Even if you keep out the rankings, which add additional hatred, it's pretty much mechanically perfect for causing hatred.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.