Pinky Promise Mafia - Club(♣) Ded(☠) Thred

• sockdevs

Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Thread Placeholder

The Tracking Document is public.

THIS GAME IS TECHNICALLY A BASTARD GAME!

yeah, i know. I'm sorry! i really am!

See i lied to my players in the setup by stating there was a Roleblocker Townie role and then failing to assign one. This omission was completely accidental, and when it was brought to my attention on the evening of Night 1 (with more than 50 hours left to go in the night phase) I adjusted the roles by promoting a player (@Jaloopa) who was a vanilla townie, had not claimed as vanilla, and was chosen randomly.

After consulting with Club ded that the promotion would not introduce inconsistencies into the information revealed thus far in game the updated role card was sent out, bringing the assigned roles into line with the publically posted role cards.

HOWEVER, regardless of how smoothly the omission was corrected, the fact remains that the initial set up was not a pure open setup as one of the stated roles was not assigned.

For this @accalia begs your forgiveness.

(to see the discussion that occured when @accalia was made aware of this issue click here to jump down thread to the relevant section.

• sockdevs

Okay... time to randum up this business!

-- choose scum: order: Goon, Visitor, Visitor, Roleblocker
    !pick 4 cloak15 Jaloopa CreatedToDislikeThis Fox xaade abarker pydsigner dangeRuss r10pez10 Maciejasjmj Vault_Dweller aliceif Yamikuronue ChaosTheEternal

-- Pick the flowers
    !shuffle cloak15 Jaloopa CreatedToDislikeThis Fox xaade abarker pydsigner dangeRuss r10pez10 Maciejasjmj Vault_Dweller aliceif Yamikuronue ChaosTheEternal

!pick 14 Adonis Angel's_trumpet Azalea Belladonna Buttercups Calla_lily Century_plant Delphinium Euphorbia Foxglove Gloriosa_lily Goldenseal Hyacinth Hydrangea Iris Laceflower Lily_of_the_Valley Lords_and_ladies Monkshood Mountain_laurel Nightshade Oleander Opium Philodendron Rhododendron Sweetpea Toloache Wisteria Yellow_bell

-- TODO: Pick the club ded flowers from those that remain, Pick the murder flower, Send Role Cards.

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

picking 4 items from: cloak15, Jaloopa, CreatedToDislikeThis, Fox, xaade, abarker, pydsigner, dangeRuss, r10pez10, Maciejasjmj, Vault_Dweller, aliceif, Yamikuronue, ChaosTheEternal...

ChaosTheEternal, cloak15, abarker, Yamikuronue

shuffling: cloak15, Jaloopa, CreatedToDislikeThis, Fox, xaade, abarker, pydsigner, dangeRuss, r10pez10, Maciejasjmj, Vault_Dweller, aliceif, Yamikuronue, ChaosTheEternal...

xaade, pydsigner, r10pez10, Vault_Dweller, CreatedToDislikeThis, Jaloopa, aliceif, Yamikuronue, ChaosTheEternal, Fox, cloak15, Maciejasjmj, abarker, dangeRuss

picking 14 items from: Adonis, Angel's_trumpet, Azalea, Belladonna, Buttercups, Calla_lily, Century_plant, Delphinium, Euphorbia, Foxglove, Gloriosa_lily, Goldenseal, Hyacinth, Hydrangea, Iris, Laceflower, Lily_of_the_Valley, Lords_and_ladies, Monkshood, Mountain_laurel, Nightshade, Oleander, Opium, Philodendron, Rhododendron, Sweetpea, Toloache, Wisteria, Yellow_bell...

Buttercups, Foxglove, Philodendron, Lords_and_ladies, Adonis, Euphorbia, Belladonna, Wisteria, Oleander, Rhododendron, Sweetpea, Azalea, Mountain_laurel, Iris

• sockdevs

@vote said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Ded Thred:

ChaosTheEternal, cloak15, abarker, Yamikuronue

welp... town's boned. abarker AND Yamikuronue are scum? the only thing that could have come out worse for town is Maciejasjmj coming up scum too

• sockdevs

okay now for the townie roles

Order: Visitor, Visitor, Docktor, Jack
    !pick 4 xaade pydsigner r10pez10 Vault_Dweller CreatedToDislikeThis Jaloopa aliceif Fox Maciejasjmj dangeRuss

picking 4 items from: xaade, pydsigner, r10pez10, Vault_Dweller, CreatedToDislikeThis, Jaloopa, aliceif, Fox, Maciejasjmj, dangeRuss...

Vault_Dweller, aliceif, xaade, Fox

• sockdevs

and now the non player flowers

Order: Faction Kill Flower, Most Valuable Player, Most Awesome Role Play, Red Herrring
    !pick 4 Angel's_trumpet Calla_lily Century_plant Delphinium Gloriosa_lily Goldenseal Hyacinth Hydrangea Iris Laceflower Lily_of_the_Valley Monkshood Nightshade Opium Toloache Yellow_bell

picking 4 items from: Angel's_trumpet, Calla_lily, Century_plant, Delphinium, Gloriosa_lily, Goldenseal, Hyacinth, Hydrangea, Iris, Laceflower, Lily_of_the_Valley, Monkshood, Nightshade, Opium, Toloache, Yellow_bell...

Angel's_trumpet, Iris, Lily_of_the_Valley, Monkshood

@accalia Wait, Iris is already taken, isn't it?

• sockdevs

@asdf said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Ded Thred:

@accalia Wait, Iris is already taken, isn't it?

oh. so it is. whoopsies.

rerolling for MVP due to conflict

!pick 1 Calla_lily Century_plant Delphinium Gloriosa_lily Goldenseal Hyacinth Hydrangea Laceflower Nightshade Opium Toloache Yellow_bell

picking 1 items from: Calla_lily, Century_plant, Delphinium, Gloriosa_lily, Goldenseal, Hyacinth, Hydrangea, Laceflower, Nightshade, Opium, Toloache, Yellow_bell...

Century_plant

• sockdevs

picking 1 items from: Calla_lily, Century_plant, Delphinium, Gloriosa_lily, Goldenseal, Hyacinth, Hydrangea, Laceflower, Nightshade, Opium, Toloache, Yellow_bell...

Century_plant

that's a booring one.... i reject it!

!pick 1 Calla_lily Delphinium Gloriosa_lily Goldenseal Hyacinth Hydrangea Laceflower Nightshade Opium Toloache Yellow_bell

picking 1 items from: Calla_lily, Delphinium, Gloriosa_lily, Goldenseal, Hyacinth, Hydrangea, Laceflower, Nightshade, Opium, Toloache, Yellow_bell...

Toloache

• sockdevs

Toloache

that will do.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

I look forward to reading the flavour once it's ready, as opposed to the floral hints we've had so far.

[EDIT] Ugh, nevermind. You put it in the main thread where it belongs.

@accalia said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Game Thred:

the GM will not lie to you, deceive you, give you up, let you down, run around and desert you.

Has this always been part of the rules? In that case, i have been rickrolled many times without noticing.

Oh, my bet is that town loses spectacularly, BTW. Maybe 1 dead mafioso, because his friends throw him under the bus, but most likely none.

• sockdevs

Has this always been part of the rules?

not since day one. IIRC it was @weng's epic bastard first game that added it. I liked it enough that my games have carried that notice in teh rules (even if it was a lie last game)

@accalia What are the final rules for flowers, BTW? I remember a lot of discussion in the setup thread, but I don't want to read through everything again.

• sockdevs

@accalia What are the final rules for flowers, BTW? I remember a lot of discussion in the setup thread, but I don't want to read through everything again.

visitors leave flowers to be discovered in the morning. if a mafia visitor is performing the faction kill they may choose to have club ded deliver their flower to a player of their choice. the kill will leave the kill signature flower.

none of this will be announced publically, it is up to the players to decide to share or not.

• sockdevs

The Tracking Document is public.

i will be updating the OP with the relevant link as well.

• @Yamikuronue said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

@cloak15 or Yamiko and Raiden, if we want to play it real safe
    Hokay, so we're doing the twins. I'll make a public post about it in a second,

I...don't get why they'd do a coordinated name pick. Players aren't supposed to discuss the game outside of game threads. They obviously haven't discussed it in the main thread.

Is this just too obvious for a TDWTF town to pick up?

• @accalia said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Ded Thred:

welp... town's boned. abarker AND Yamikuronue are scum? the only thing that could have come out worse for town is Maciejasjmj coming up scum too

@accalia said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Ded Thred:

that's a booring one.... i reject it!

Maybe I have the wrong attitude, but I figure if the GM can see clearly the random picks for players would result in imbalance she should be able to re-roll those as well. I realize it's a fine line between changing the setup to eliminate imbalance and changing the factions though, seeing as the former is theoretical and the latter is practical -- just as subjective but can introduce a bias other players may be able to use.

Just thinking out loud.

• Also I guess it's obviously too late for this game as the rolecards have already been sent out and clearly cannot be changed now. But maybe something we'll discuss in Mafia Theory post-game.

• sockdevs

@boomzilla said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Ded Thred:

I...don't get why they'd do a coordinated name pick.

it's not exactly a secret that they are husband and wife (and long time role play partners)

it's a bit of a tell, but i think they think they can use the above fact to spin it. a bit dangerous considering that they are both mafia power roles and if one flips scum the other is likely to fall under suspicion for that play.... but if they think they can pull it off.... well.... :popcorn:

• sockdevs

@heterodox said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Ded Thred:

I figure if the GM can see clearly the random picks for players would result in imbalance she should be able to re-roll those as well.

hmm. it's a point. I did consider it, but.... well it would have gone against the spirit of this game to reroll roles

for the flower though. that's just flavour and i had enough spare so i rerolled that one.

certainly bring it up after the game though. @Yamikuronue aready has a suggestion regarding the prasing of the win conditions i used for scum.

• @accalia said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Ded Thred:

it's a bit of a tell, but i think they think they can use the above fact to spin it. a bit dangerous considering that they are both mafia power roles and if one flips scum the other is likely to fall under suspicion for that play.... but if they think they can pull it off.... well....

I predict it will be the biggest actual tell for day 1, at least.

• @boomzilla Hmm....I forgot about the OOC thread.

• sockdevs

@boomzilla said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Ded Thred:

@boomzilla Hmm....I forgot about the OOC thread.

What about it?

• @accalia It's a legitimate place where they can discuss this (as they did) in the open.

• @accalia said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Game Thred:

And yet, even with all the competition, such was the demand for flowers that all prospered and grew fecund.

I knew what it meant, but that's a hell of an SAT word, @accalia. :D

• sockdevs

@heterodox said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Ded Thred:

I knew what it meant, but that's a hell of an SAT word, @accalia.

i may nopt spellar gud, but i vocabulary the bestest!

@Yamikuronue said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

Town is great at forgetting who they are suspicious of.

Rather, nod:baby: is a perfect Orwellian memory hole.

it's not exactly a secret that they are husband and wife (and long time role play partners)

If one was scum and one wasn't, then things could get awkward around the household.

• @error said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Ded Thred:

If one was scum and one wasn't, then things could get awkward around the household.

Happened in a previous game, I believe.

• @abarker said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

In case anyone wants a little client side styling to make identifying our teammates easier in conversation, here's a little stylish:

Oooo! That's nice. Thanks @abarker.

• Updated with Club Ded and OOC:

ul[data-tid="20736"] a[href$="uid/731"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[data-username="Yamikuronue"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[href$="uid/582"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[data-username="ChaosTheEternal"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[href$="uid/1727"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[data-username="cloak15"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[href$="uid/595"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[data-username="abarker"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[href$="uid/731"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[data-username="Yamikuronue"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[href$="uid/582"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[data-username="ChaosTheEternal"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[href$="uid/1727"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[data-username="cloak15"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[href$="uid/595"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[data-username="abarker"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[href$="uid/731"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[data-username="Yamikuronue"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[href$="uid/582"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[data-username="ChaosTheEternal"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[href$="uid/1727"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[data-username="cloak15"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[href$="uid/595"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[data-username="abarker"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[href$="uid/731"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[data-username="Yamikuronue"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[href$="uid/582"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[data-username="ChaosTheEternal"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[href$="uid/1727"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[data-username="cloak15"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[href$="uid/595"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[data-username="abarker"][itemprop="author"]::after {
        content: " (M)";
        color: #c00;
    }

• @boomzilla That'll override the roleplay names.

• @ben_lubar Oh...well...I guess we could split those out among users and put in their role playing names, too, for us clubbers.

• @boomzilla nobody except me has a :before, so it'd probably be easier to just change :after to :before.

• sockdevs

CreatedToDislikeThis CreatedToDislikeThis 14 minutes ago
    :)
    Just had a chance to go over the past spellars game (to get a leg up on the flavor) and yeah - quite very naughty of you it was :P
    Makes me want to double check with you (despite the post-rolecard partial silence state) that:
    The given example rolecards in this game correspond 1-1 to all the players, and the players' abilities both at the start of the game and at any point during the game are directly specified in the example rolecards.
    accalia accalia 12 minutes ago
    you are correct all the role cards posted as examples in the main thread correspond to players as indicated by the (xN) notation, with the exception of vanilla townie which was duplicated as needed for all players who did not get mafia or a power role
    these are the role cards that will be presented in the flip unedited, with the exception of the mafia cards which will have the link to the scum thread removed and the line that indicates their allies removed
    there are not power roles that are not represented in the lineup of sample role cards
    and all sample rolecards were used.
    CreatedToDislikeThis CreatedToDislikeThis 8 minutes ago
    :) And abilities and rolecards won't change except as specified in the original rolecards, right?
    Sorry for going all rule-lawyer on you, but that bit you didn't respond to
    accalia accalia 6 minutes ago
    there is no ability present in the game that can change alignment, role, or flower affiliation and no action of club ded nor any mod punishment for breaking the rules shall have any affect on alignment, role, nor flower affiliation
    as for the rules lawyer..... i did earn that one didn't i?
    what with the deception of lasat game
    CreatedToDislikeThis CreatedToDislikeThis 3 minutes ago
    Yeah :)
    I'll back off now (In case you do manage to lawyer-sneak some extra ability somehow, I'll be sharing this exchange (and my subpar lawyering skills) in club ded, though :P )

• sockdevs

Two things we have in our favor right now:

• They don't know we have this Night 0 (right?)

True. I have yet to decide if i will reveal that in the last piece of flavour at the start of Day 1

• They don't know there's this many of us.

no, that bit's in the rules. not that i'll tell them that unless they ask.

• sockdevs

@accalia

CreatedToDislikeThis CreatedToDislikeThis less than a minute ago
    :thinking: Hmm, that would take the edge off if you were planning to sneak in some extra abilities.
    Ah, I'll trust you on this one and will - in fact - assume 100% that the game is open-setup as claimed and that any future evidence to the contrary is just our enemies trying to breed confusion (which could be a clever tactic, by the way)./
    Please let club ded know that as well :)

• sockdevs

@ChaosTheEternal said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

They don't know there's this many of us.

I'm pretty sure they do.

awww..... someone noticed.......

• @ben_lubar said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Ded Thred:

@boomzilla nobody except me has a :before, so it'd probably be easier to just change :after to :before.

Bah

ul[data-tid="20735"] a[data-username="ChaosTheEternal"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[href$="uid/582"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[data-username="ChaosTheEternal"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[href$="uid/582"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[data-username="ChaosTheEternal"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[href$="uid/582"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[data-username="ChaosTheEternal"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[href$="uid/582"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,

ul[data-tid="20735"] a[data-username="abarker"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[href$="uid/595"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[data-username="abarker"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[href$="uid/595"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[data-username="abarker"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[href$="uid/595"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[data-username="abarker"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[href$="uid/595"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after
    {
        content: " (M)";
    }

ul[data-tid="20735"] a[data-username="Yamikuronue"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[href$="uid/731"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[data-username="Yamikuronue"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[href$="uid/731"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[data-username="Yamikuronue"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[href$="uid/731"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[data-username="Yamikuronue"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[href$="uid/731"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after
    {
        content: " (M) Violet";
        font-weight: bold;
    }

ul[data-tid="20735"] a[data-username="cloak15"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[href$="uid/1727"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[data-username="cloak15"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20736"] a[href$="uid/1727"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[data-username="cloak15"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[href$="uid/1727"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[data-username="cloak15"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20754"] a[href$="uid/1727"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after
    {
        content: " (M) Victor";
        font-weight: bold;
    }

• @Yamikuronue said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

It looks like:

• Everyone who visits someone leaves a flower EXCEPT the faction kill
    • The faction killer can choose to let club ded give their flower to a random person so that their flower is not missing
    • Therefore, town would need to see who was a) tracked to a person but did not leave their flower, or b) left a flower somewhere they were not tracked in order to find us.

and

• Figure out who goes with each flower.

• sockdevs

Fox Fox about an hour ago
    So much pressure D=
    And I have an idea for a hilarious roleplay befitting my role but it's sure to get me killed -either by lynch, nightkill, or modkill, pretty damn quick.
    The @Polygeekery version of me who has 812 biology degrees and believes that all the other flowers should be deprived of water and sunlight so the historically oppressed rhododendron can flourish.
    (And of course knows a little bit about every flower)
    (Because one of those degrees is in each of the flowers)
    Fox Fox less than a minute ago
    I think I might actually go with something along those lines but not so extreme

And I have an idea for a hilarious roleplay befitting my role but it's sure to get me killed -either by lynch, nightkill, or modkill, pretty damn quick.
    The @Polygeekery version of me who has 812 biology degrees and believes that all the other flowers should be deprived of water and sunlight so the historically oppressed rhododendron can flourish.

:+1:

That should be fun. :tropical_drink:

• @accalia said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

You have until the start of the game to plan your approach for Day 1.

• ... we have this Night 0 (right?)

Could their planning include a request for a "pre-emptive" night kill? Or is the kill assumed to be accalia based on the flavor intro?

• sockdevs

@djls45 said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Club Ded Thred:

Could their planning include a request for a "pre-emptive" night kill?

it could. I'd even let it occur. however the doctor would automatically block it.

:imp:

• sockdevs

and we're off! huzzar!

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.