!add this to Pinky Promise Mafia

• Error adding thread/chat: E_NO_GAME

• sockdevs

@vote said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

Error adding thread/chat: E_NO_GAME

the hell you say.

!add this to 20737

• This thread is now sanctioned as part of Pinky Promise Mafia

• Sucess! That thread/chat is now part of the game.

• sockdevs

Welcome @ChaosTheEternal, @cloak15, @abarker, and @Yamikuronue.

You have until the start of the game to plan your approach for Day 1. once the day starts you will not have access to this thread until the hammer falls or the day timer expires. Use your time wisely.

Yes, i know you're getting access to this before your role cards are sent. i'm working on that. :-P expect them soon.

• mod

@accalia said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

!add this to Pinky Promise Mafia

Spaces. Put in a github issue?

• mod

Welcome @ChaosTheEternal, @cloak15, @abarker, and @Yamikuronue.

Town is doomed :D

How should we celebrate our win? I'm thinking rum? May as well put in an order now.

• Well, this DOES alleviate some anxiety I had to playing. I won't have to worry TOO much about not having enough clout

• @Yamikuronue Yeah, just don't forget about the reason for my sig. I'll willingly bus you guys if that wagon is going, and I expect you to do the same to me.

• mod

Okay, but don't bus prematurely. Maciej and I had a few scary moments last game where fingers pointed at us, but we kept our heads and the wagon dissolved. Town is great at forgetting who they are suspicious of.

Speaking of Maciej, he's going to be our biggest threat, being the best player Town has. @abarker, can you keep him under control for day 1?

• mod

Oh, and I'm the roleblocker. Who are the visitors?

• @Yamikuronue That's @abarker and @cloak15 since I got the Goon card.

• @Yamikuronue Yo.

So looking at the ability, I can see a lot of potential for mis-information. Especially since I can leave a flower if I do the faction kill....huh.

@accalia If I do the faction kill, and Club Ded delivers a flower to a PGO, what happens?

• mod

Right, hardcore mode.... @accalia, does this thread count? I was going to treat this thread as "backstage" if that's allowed.

@cloak15, partner with me? Violet and Vincent? Kor and Omega? I'd hesitate to cross-play in this climate..

• sockdevs

@cloak15 said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

@accalia If I do the faction kill, and Club Ded delivers a flower to a PGO, what happens?

nothing. there is no PGO in the public role cards, and there are no mystery surprise role cards in the game.

• mod

@cloak15 or Yamiko and Raiden, if we want to play it real safe

• sockdevs

@Yamikuronue said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

Right, hardcore mode.... @accalia, does this thread count? I was going to treat this thread as "backstage" if that's allowed.

you may treat this thread and your role card Chat as back stage, but doing so may lose you opportunity to gain the Most Awesome Role Play flower as that flower is awarded by club ded

• mod

doing so may lose you opportunity to gain the Most Awesome Role Play flower as that flower is awarded by club ded

I'll take that risk ;)

• @accalia Fair, though that was more curiosity than caution.

@Yamikuronue I can partner with ya, but I'm not going Hardcore, for more the reason that I'll be under pressure, forget, and then end up dead anyway.

• sockdevs

@accalia Fair, though that was more curiosity than caution.

well, if i had included a PGO role, i would rule that club ded actions cannot be blocked nor would they trigger investigative nor reactionary effects.

the flower would be delivered and the PGO would not be triggered, if there was a PGO in the game. ;-)

• mod

@cloak15 did you have a preference? I'd like to pick soon so I can get more into character back here and be ready for day 1

More on topic: We definitely do not want to try and draw out the power roles today. Day 1 is fraught with peril. I'm going to be doing my usual tactic of picking someone to apply the screws to; if I pick you, play it cool, I'll move on as soon as it makes sense to do so.

@abarker is my first pick for handling Maciej, because of their shared history. Keep him belligerent, pointing fingers, preferably defensive; if he's on the defensive he's not on the offensive.

Cloak15 and Chaos need to post, contribute to the discussion, throw out some votes; being too quiet is a tell, so don't do roleplay-only posts or you'll get caught. Just so happen to not share suspicions against each other; don't be quick to jump on someone else, but let yourself "gradually" be "convinced", if you can.

After Maciej, our biggest threats are Jaloopa, Fox, DangeRuss, and Xaade. Xaade's likely to take care of himself, if past performance is anything to go off, but keep a close eye on the others. If a townie starts a wagon, be in the middle of it.

That all make sense? Do you guys agree it's a good strat for day one?

• @accalia said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

@accalia Fair, though that was more curiosity than caution.

well, if i had included a PGO role, i would rule that club ded actions cannot be blocked nor would they trigger investigative nor reactionary effects.

the flower would be delivered and the PGO would not be triggered, if there was a PGO in the game. ;-)

oohh, that would be FUN. As it is, it'll still be fun.

@Yamikuronue Violet and Victor seem pretty good picks for this.

Slight aside, mostly because I don't know Fox or DangeRuss very well, but why are they above Xaade. He's known for going off the rails at times, but he's ALSO known for getting it right now and again. Maciej is definitely a strong first, but I'd move Xaade up a little more since he's kinda unpredictable.

• mod

Honestly, because Xaade self-destructs in almost every game. He just acts scummy on his own, you know?

Fox and DangeRuss have some experience under their belts, so they might notice things being off.

Hokay, so we're doing the twins. I'll make a public post about it in a second, but for @abarker and @ChaosTheEternal : Violet and Victor were eventually chosen to be the deities of Chaos and Order in our private pantheon; I did Violet in Spellars IIRC, so it's nothing new.

• mod

Welcome … @cloak15 … and @Yamikuronue.

That could make quite the temptation for OOB communication.

• sockdevs

@abarker said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

Welcome … @cloak15 … and @Yamikuronue.

That could make quite the temptation for OOB communication.

it could yeah.

don't do that though.

• mod

We've both been in Mafia before, we handled it fine. We just don't talk about mafia at home until we're both dead.

• mod

@abarker, can you keep him under control for day 1?

Should be doable. He usually isn't too much of a problem Day 1.

@ChaosTheEternal said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

@Yamikuronue That's @abarker and @cloak15 since I got the Goon card.

Yep, visitor here.

@abarker is my first pick for handling Maciej, because of their shared history. Keep him belligerent, pointing fingers, preferably defensive; if he's on the defensive he's not on the offensive.

He usually starts that on day 2 or 3, unless someone really goes hardcore into the "no lynch" vein. In which case, we can let him do our work for us.

That all make sense? Do you guys agree it's a good strat for day one?

Sounds pretty good so far.

• mod

In case anyone wants a little client side styling to make identifying our teammates easier in conversation, here's a little stylish:

ul[data-tid="20737"] a[href$="uid/731"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[data-username="Yamikuronue"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[href$="uid/582"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[data-username="ChaosTheEternal"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[href$="uid/1727"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[data-username="cloak15"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[href$="uid/595"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20737"] a[data-username="abarker"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[href$="uid/731"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[data-username="Yamikuronue"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[href$="uid/582"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[data-username="ChaosTheEternal"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[href$="uid/1727"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[data-username="cloak15"][itemprop="author"]::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[href$="uid/595"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after,
    ul[data-tid="20735"] a[data-username="abarker"][itemprop="author"]::after {
        content: " (M)";
        color: #c00;
    }

• The lines with ul[data-tid="20737"] target the main thread and the ones with ul[data-tid="20735"] target this thread.
    • a[data-username="abarker"][itemprop="author"]::after targets the post author name, this one specifically targets my posts.
    • a[href$="uid/595"].plugin-mentions-a:not(:empty)::after targets mentions, this one specifically targets mentions of me.

The end result looks like:
    0_1472829346466_upload-a68b54a0-64c8-4dc2-a39b-c3a853b60686

• mod

Thanks!

• mod

Ok, I will admit I got a little lost with the flowers stuff. Do we lie about our flowers? Or not?

• mod

@Yamikuronue I say we try not to mention them. I don't see any way that the flowers can bring us any good.

• @abarker Depends on if town catches wind of it. I've seen town latch onto odd stuff that was flavor and make decisions based on that. I think that if the flowers come up, we should have a way of dealing with it. At the very least, don't throw shade till we can see if they'll jump at certain people getting flowers or not.

• mod

Well we obviously don't want to try and start a massclaim, but if they do push for one, does it work out better to lie or to disclose the truth? Both of those seem like easy ways to get caught.

• mod

Two things we have in our favor right now:

• They don't know we have this Night 0 (right?)
    • They don't know there's this many of us.

• Well, there's one thing. If we avoid talking about what flowers we have, then we'll have a bit of a problem if they push. While I agree that lying's a worse problem (as the one thing town IS good at is lynching people who lie) avoiding the subject makes you look shady as well.

Flowers probably need to just be on the backburner for at least the first two nights.

• @Yamikuronue said in Pinky Promise Mafia - Scum Thred:

They don't know there's this many of us.

I'm pretty sure they do, considering the sample role cards post specifically points out 4 mafia with the roles we have (1 blocker, 2 visitors, 1 vanilla), as well as that we're facing a total of 3 townies with powers (1 jack of all trades, 1 blocker, 1 doctor), 2 visitors, and the 5 remaining being completely vanilla.

• @ChaosTheEternal Well, as long as they take all that at face value. You'd be surprised what people can convince themselves of.

• mod

Four scum just feels high, after so many small games. We can maybe use that.

• @Yamikuronue It's 10v4.

That, at best possible outcome for us, puts day 3 at a MyLo with night 3 being game over, which is what has felt roughly like the standard with our games.

As far as strats, yeah, I don't want to push flowers, but being honest could bite us in the ass if the only flower in a flip is one we claimed. But I don't know entirely how the leaving a flower thing will work, it doesn't seem all that clear (I say as I try to reread everything while also working while also trying to figure out my lunch).

• sockdevs

But I don't know entirely how the leaving a flower thing will work, it doesn't seem all that clear

if you have specific questions about game mechanics i can and will answer them truthfully, but only id actually asked. ;-)

• mod

It looks like:

• Everyone who visits someone leaves a flower EXCEPT the faction kill
    • The faction killer can choose to let club ded give their flower to a random person so that their flower is not missing
    • Therefore, town would need to see who was a) tracked to a person but did not leave their flower, or b) left a flower somewhere they were not tracked in order to find us.

• @accalia OK. Question time:

When a faction kill is attempted, is the flower of the killer left with the intended victim, regardless of the kill result? Or is it like @Yamikuronue mentioned, and they can let Club Ded give the flower to a random player instead of the target? And, if so, is that available to all of the mafia players, or just the mafia visitors?

Is a flower always left by a killer/power role with their target or the random target?

Are players notified that they received flowers, or are they only revealed on a flip?

• sockdevs

okay, wow. how did i miss tis earlier.

my bad, sorry.

if my answers are insufficient ping me via chat as this thread has to be locked now. i will reply to the questions here for all to see.

When a faction kill is attempted, is the flower of the killer left with the intended victim, regardless of the kill result?

the killers flower is not left as part of the kill. because they are carrying the faction kill flower. if the faction kill is blocked the faction kill flower is not left.

Or is it like @Yamikuronue mentioned, and they can let Club Ded give the flower to a random player instead of the target?

the Mafia Visitors may choose to have club ded deliver their normal flower on the nights they perform the faction kill. if they do so the delivery will succeed no matter what, even if there were protections in place that would have prevented the delivery if the visitor was visiting that person.

And, if so, is that available to all of the mafia players, or just the mafia visitors?

the goon and the roleblocker do not leave flowers ormally so cannot use the club ded delivery service

Is a flower always left by a killer/power role with their target or the random target?

only the three club ded flowers are even semi randomized. all flower deliveries are to their target, or in the case of the alternate club dead delivery their specified alternate target.

Are players notified that they received flowers, or are they only revealed on a flip?

all players who receive flowers will be notified at the start of each day, and the flip will include any flowers the faction killl victim received that night. the lynch flips will not reveal flower information.

• sockdevs

Welcome to Night One @Mafia-Scum

You have until the end of Night One to:

• Inform me of your night actions as applicable
    • Inform me of your faction kill target
    • inform me of which one of you will be performing the faction kill
    • Plan your tactics for Day Two

enjoy.

• mod

"Fucking fuckity fuck fuck, what was THAT!" Violet curses, as the group adjourn to their private sanctum "Abarker I swear to god, I'm going to dig up your corpse and spit on it."

• That wouldn't help, espeically with being fingered like he was. And since the flip shows off what flower a person has, it's wasn't even viable to lie. AND it means I have to avoid a lot of people with wandering or my flower will come up and someone can just claim they saw it and with alicef being proven right it's kinda a death sentence.

• mod

"Visit me. I won't tell." Violet winks. "Thank god you didn't lie about your flower and claim, or we'd have to scramble harder."

"Fucking hell. Every post Abarker made screamed Scum. I wish I hadn't asked him to handle Maciej. Now we have bigger problems. On the plus side, they think they've won, so they might get overconfident. They didn't finger me, though I got real quiet toward the end. Shit, they'll finger anyone who didn't vote for abarker."

• mod

"Literally what in the everloving orgasmic cosmos of chaos was that riddle bullshit!" Violet lets out an exhasperated groan, flopping into VIctor's lap.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.