OpenBSD users?

• Notification Spam Recipient

Apparently the currently installed perl5 is both unacceptable and depracated. guacamole-server won't build because of this, so I had to pkg remove perl5. Which means the following packages get summarily removed as well:

perl5-5.20.3_15
            p5-Error-0.17023
            p5-Authen-SASL-2.16_1
            p5-IO-Socket-IP-0.37
            p5-TimeDate-2.30_2,1
            p5-Mozilla-CA-20141217
            llvm37-3.7.1_2
            p5-Digest-HMAC-1.03_1
            p5-Net-SSLeay-1.68
            openpgm-5.2.122_2
            p5-Mail-Tools-2.13_1
            p5-Net-SMTP-SSL-1.02
            mysql56-server-5.6.23
            p5-IO-Socket-SSL-2.012
            squid33-3.3.13_2
            git-2.3.5
            p5-OSSP-uuid-1.6.2_8
            p5-Socket-2.018
            p5-Socket6-0.25_2
            rrdtool-1.4.8_7
            p5-GSSAPI-0.28_1
            glib-2.42.2
            libEGL-11.2.2
            libzmq3-3.2.5
            ntopng-1.2.1_1
            nfdump-1.6.13_1
            ntop-5.0.1_8
            harfbuzz-0.9.40
            avahi-app-0.6.31_5
            gdk-pixbuf2-2.32.3_1
            gtk-update-icon-cache-2.24.27
            pango-1.38.0_1
            gstreamer-plugins-0.10.36_5,3
            cairo-1.14.6_1,2
            dbus-glib-0.104
            gstreamer1-plugins-1.8.0
            gobject-introspection-1.42.0
            gstreamer-0.10.36_2
            atk-2.14.0
            graphviz-2.38.0_13
            gstreamer1-1.8.0
            shared-mime-info-1.1_1
            cups-2.1.4
            freerdp-1.2.0_7

Wouldn't it be nice if I could just remove one offending package for immediate reinstallation from the "approved" ports version?

I'm sure there is some hacky way to do it, but I can't be bothered, I'll just install them all by hand later anyways I guess.

• BINNED

@Tsaukpaetra said in OpenBSD users?:

Is it a sandbox just for the 🥑 🔥 thread? nice idea

Wouldn't it be nice if I could just remove one offending package for immediate reinstallation from the "approved" ports version?

Fscking hell! I thought this was just supposed to "Just Work"!

So far I've deinstalled, installed, made, made clean, made deinstall and all sorts of things just for perl5 to shut up.

Representative lines:

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
            perl5.20-5.20.3_15

New packages to be INSTALLED:
            perl5: 5.20.3_15

Why did I think this would be an easy thing?!?!

Why did I think this would be an easy thing?!?!

Well, I got SSH and VNC working. But I only really wanted this for RDP, and that just gives me BS like:

10:34:33.413 [http-nio-6080-exec-2] DEBUG o.g.g.net.InetGuacamoleSocket - Connecting to guacd at localhost:4822.
    10:34:33.414 [http-nio-6080-exec-2] ERROR o.g.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint - Creation of WebSocket tunnel to guacd failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    10:34:33.419 [http-nio-6080-exec-2] DEBUG o.g.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint - Error connecting WebSocket tunnel.
    org.glyptodon.guacamole.GuacamoleServerException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    	at org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.InetGuacamoleSocket.<init>(InetGuacamoleSocket.java:119) ~[guacamole-common-0.9.9.jar:na]
    	at org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.auth.simple.SimpleConnection.connect(SimpleConnection.java:132) ~[guacamole-ext-0.9.9.jar:na]
    	at org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.TunnelRequestService.createConnectedTunnel(TunnelRequestService.java:173) ~[classes/:na]
    	at org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.TunnelRequestService.createTunnel(TunnelRequestService.java:338) ~[classes/:na]
    	at org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.websocket.BasicGuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint.createTunnel(BasicGuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint.java:116) ~[classes/:na]
    	at org.glyptodon.guacamole.websocket.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint.onOpen(GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint.java:114) ~[guacamole-common-0.9.9.jar:na]
    	at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsHttpUpgradeHandler.init(WsHttpUpgradeHandler.java:127) [tomcat-websocket.jar:8.0.36]
    	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:703) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.0.36]
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1520) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.0.36]
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1476) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.0.36]
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [na:1.8.0_102]
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [na:1.8.0_102]
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) [tomcat-util.jar:8.0.36]
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_102]
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
    	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
    	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
    	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
    	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
    	at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
    	at org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.InetGuacamoleSocket.<init>(InetGuacamoleSocket.java:105) ~[guacamole-common-0.9.9.jar:na]
    	... 13 common frames omitted

What connection was refused?! guacd's? tomcat8's? FFS!

FFS

And apparently my installation of mysql56-server is borked.

Seriously considering a rollback right now...

• @Tsaukpaetra said in OpenBSD users?:

Apparently the currently installed perl5 is both unacceptable and depracated. guacamole-server won't build because of this, so I had to pkg remove perl5. Which means the following packages get summarily removed as well:
    <x>

I'm sure there is some hacky way to do it, but I can't be bothered, I'll just install them all by hand later anyways I guess.

I vaguely remember from NetBSD that there is indeed some way to force remove a package without removing dependencies and reinstall it afterwards, but I think it is not recommended because you can change compilation options for your packages and any of the dependent packages can depend on a specific configuration option of the currently installed perl package, which might be configured differently after an upgrade/downgrade.

@Grunnen said in OpenBSD users?:

<x>

I vaguely remember from NetBSD that there is indeed some way to force remove a package without removing dependencies and reinstall it afterwards, but I think it is not recommended because you can change compilation options for your packages and any of the dependent packages can depend on a specific configuration option of the currently installed perl package, which might be configured differently after an upgrade/downgrade.

Yeah. I managed to get all the things that were complaining sorted out (kinda). And I'm now building from the git source (though I had to do -Wno-error because apparently they're doing wacky things with FFMPEG or something.

The latest attempt now at least spits out some debug info (kinda), but it still doesn't say why it's not even attempting to connect to the target server. Blech.

• @Tsaukpaetra how I just installed ubuntu when I came up against that level of crap.

@lucas1 said in OpenBSD users?:

@Tsaukpaetra how I just installed ubuntu when I came up against that level of crap.

Yeah. I just wish I could have gotten it working natively instead of necessitating another VM. Oh well.