YTF isn't there a bug tracker?

• Over the past year or so, I've noticed a lot of article comments complaining about the software running thedailywtf.  I mostly ignored these, but finally ran into a problem myself.

So, like a good little tester, I decided to submit a problem report.  But as far as I can tell, there's no way to report problems other than posting in the forums.  And forums aren't exactly designed for bug-tracking.  It's entirely possible that I just missed the bug tracker, so let me know if that's the case.

Anyway, the issue I originally ran into was that the "Article Archives" page currently contains a whopping 2 articles... not much of a history.  I understand why -- it has been converted to a monthly archive instead of merely an index of the past N entries -- but the current behavior is less useful to me.  It'd be nicer to have both a monthly archive and a past-N-entries page.  Or maybe display the current and previous month on the first page, instead of just current.  Something to guarantee that the "All Articles" link actually has more articles than the front page.

Hoping that an issue tracker was available to people with accounts, I created an account.  Or, at least, I tried to.  But I ran into more issues...

The submit button on the account-creation form is disabled in firefox 1.5 with javascript enabled, even after filling in all fields.  However, I was able to create an account using Dillo (very lightweight, minimal browser...  no CSS, no javascript, no flash, etc).

After creating an account, I wasn't able to log into worsethanfailure.com using firefox.  I got a "bad request" error and nothing else.

So, I tried logging in with Dillo, but got a 404.  The forum login page seems to have a link instead of a submit button, and the link goes to a nonexistent page: http://forums.worsethanfailure.com/ctl00$bcr$Login1$_$loginButton

I then tried firefox again, but despite the bad request, I found I was already logged in before I had a chance to try again.

Now I seem to have a functional account.  The forum's message editor bugs me... auto-inserting spaces where I don't want them, but whatever.  I mostly just want to know where to send bug reports... like, with actual useful details instead of the "Arrr!  It be broken!" whining in this message.

• @ToyKeeper said:

Hoping that an issue tracker was available
    to people with accounts, I created an account.  Or, at least, I
    tried to.  But I ran into more issues...

The submit button
    on the account-creation form is disabled in firefox 1.5 with javascript
    enabled, even after filling in all fields.  However, I was able to
    create an account using Dillo (very lightweight, minimal
    browser...  no CSS, no javascript, no flash, etc).

After
    creating an account, I wasn't able to log into worsethanfailure.com
    using firefox.  I got a "bad request" error and nothing else.

So,
    I tried logging in with Dillo, but got a 404.  The forum login
    page seems to have a link instead of a submit button, and the link goes
    to a nonexistent page:
    http://forums.worsethanfailure.com/ctl00$bcr$Login1$_$loginButton

I then tried firefox again, but despite the bad request, I found I was already logged in before I had a chance to try again.

I've experienced similar symptoms.  I forget which the cause was
    but it was either NoScript blocking the site or refusing cookies that
    did it; making it a trusted site for both fixed the problem completely.

@ToyKeeper said:

Now
    I seem to have a functional account.  The forum's message editor
    bugs me... auto-inserting spaces where I don't want them, but
    whatever. 

That's odd.  For me it auto-deletes spaces sometimes! 

@ToyKeeper said:

I
    mostly just want to know where to send bug reports... like, with actual
    useful details instead of the "Arrr!  It be broken!" whining in
    this message.

I don't have any answer to that.

• ♿ (Parody)

Bugs in the Forum software (i.e. forums.worsethanfailure.com) will not be fixed here; I recommend complaining to the folks at CommunityServer.org. Each version seems to get better, but it does seem to act strangely for people with "unique" configurations. You can remove the rich text editor via config settings on your account.

As for bugs in the Main site, I do try to fix those, so please use the contact form. I have an internal bug tracker (FogBugz) that I use.