Empty page

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

I believe this one is different than Lorne's and my favorite one on mobile (mainly because refresh doesn't seem to fix it):

0_1469026576492_upload-97091dd0-2bb0-4757-910e-d513f5dfbe03

• Mobile being broken is a feature.

@xaade said in Empty page:

Mobile being broken is a feature.

Yup, but this time it's on desktop.

My post could have been clearer.

I believe this one is different than {Lorne's and my favorite one on mobile} (mainly because refresh doesn't seem to fix it and it's not on mobile this time):

• I've seen this before, I tried refreshing, assuming it was a post that didn't stream in correctly and it didn't fix it so I just closed the thread and opened it later when more people posted in it.

• @error Making the forum less reliable, means more uptime as less people can interact with it.

feature...

• I'm like 99% sure that this is just a bug with how they generate the page numbers since @Lorne-Kates frequently makes a post at the top of the "page" complaining about it.

I'll investigate while Visual Studio installs an update.

@ben_lubar This one is different. I always get the Lorne bug on mobile after a post and it goes away after a refresh. This one affects desktop and is repeatable as long as the post count is evenly divisible by page size (persists through refresh).

I can go to the "last page" and see all posts, while there is a "next page" link that goes to an empty page. Seems to be new today.

• @error staging site has this:

> [db.objects.count({_key: 'tid:12236:posts'}), db.objects.findOne({_key: 'topic:12236'}).postcount]
    [ 48510, 48512 ]

I think we found our culprit.

• @ben_lubar Don't worry, it'll be consistent eventually.

@ben_lubar said in Empty page:

@error staging site has this:

> [db.objects.count({_key: 'tid:12236:posts'}), db.objects.findOne({_key: 'topic:12236'}).postcount]
    [ 48510, 48512 ]

I think we found our culprit.

Ugh. :facepalm: that the database even allows shit like that to happen.

• > var wrong = {}; db.objects.find({_key: 'topics:tid'}, {_id: 0, value: 1}).forEach(function(tid) { var offBy = db.object.count({_key: 'tid:' + tid.value + ':posts'}) - db.objects.findOne({_key: 'topic:' + tid.value}).postcount + 1; if (offBy !== 0) { wrong[tid.value] = offBy; } }); wrong
    [snip 19801 (id, number) pairs]

• @error said in Empty page:

Ugh. that the database even allows shit like that to happen.

1. We aren't using a database. We're using MongNO
    2. COUNTING IS HARD

• @ben_lubar said in Empty page:

[snip 19801 (id, number) pairs]

What's the distribution of number look like?

• @Scarlet_Manuka lots of negative two- and three-digit numbers.

• @ben_lubar said in Empty page:

two- and three-digit numbers

:astonished: :sob: That makes it seem like more than just a synchronisation issue. Unless it's a really bad synchronisation issue, I guess. What's happening, are deleted posts being removed from one but not the other, or something? Or draft posts that got discarded are kept around but not actually added to the topic, or...? I don't know, all the possibilities seem horrifying.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.