Quotes Out of Context

• @Polygeekery

I should probably let the client know that their server room is about to burst in to flames, but I CBA. Too busy watching a livestream.

• Grade A Premium Asshole

@scholrlea you should have pointed out that it was not even live and that I am watching a recording of a livestream.

• Impossible Mission Players - A

@polygeekery
    🏁 for illegal context! :referee_whistling:

• Grade A Premium Asshole

@izzion meh, whatever, it makes my quote look even worse.

• Y'all missing the real questions here. Should it be "burst in to flames", or "burst into flames"? Do they mean the same thing or do they mean slightly different things? Is one of them not correct, or is either of them fine?

@anotherusername said in Quotes Out of Context:

Y'all missing the real questions here. Should it be "burst in to flames", or "burst into flames"? Do they mean the same thing or do they mean slightly different things? Is one of them not correct, or is either of them fine?

If you burst in to flames you have rushed into fire that existed prior to your acting. If you burst into flames your bursting is what caused the flames.

@polygeekery
    I dunno, the added context reads to me that you were watching the recording of your client's server room bursting into flames. Which just makes you look like ye olde Indian contractor, calling to let the client know that the horses have escaped from the barn, after the barn has burned down.

• @izzion said in Quotes Out of Context:

@polygeekery
    I dunno, the added context reads to me that you were watching the recording of your client's server room bursting into flames. Which just makes you look like ye olde Indian contractor, calling to let the client know that the horses have escaped from the barn, after the barn has burned down.

Or like a 19th century fire brigade, standing outside the burning building waiting for the owner to arrive so that you can extortnegotiate a better rate before going in to put the fire out.

• I have never been more afraid of a liquid in my life who wants to do shots with me

@sockpuppet7:

You were arguing that the country of occupation doesn't affect the income for the "very good".

• You sure? I know a few good ones with my tongue.

Stop! Having! Orgasms! When! I’m! Defeating! You!

• No! You smell of hairspray and shea butter!

Now, be a good little crotch spawn and let's go back to your room, maybe we can make you a peanut butter, jelly, and ether sandwich.

Oh, really? Wow. I can't remember the last time someone actually nutted up and asked for that. Congrats, can't wait to hear how you fuck this up.

How awful to see you again. You're looking grotesque as always.

Oh, hi there Kettle, name's Pot, have we met?

Oh, shit. Wow, I dodged a bullet on that one.

Not gonna lie, this is exactly what I'm looking for in a castle.

Oh wow, yeah, thank God we're incompetent!

The better question is, how much will you pay me to get peed on?

• MichaelFarthing:

On the contrary, keeping quiet shows a total lack of interest. Much more effective.

• ~:

For example, I find that modern computing at an understandable level by everyone starts with the Atari 2600

undefined ❓

iansjack:

Well that's a good five minute's work. You could have done that rather than making your last post.

• High voltage gear does give a kitchen that homey touch

A robot lady bit me!

You mean that would have worked!?

You know, it's hard to ignore the obvious irony when you say it.

I had this whole other conversation planned out, but I guess I kind of blurted out that, instead.

• coffins are for posers

what the hell, I’m up, awake and pissed, and God help the poor doink I run into.

Is it crass of me to hope that it’s orgasms?

boys can be so unreasonable about that kind of thing, thank you Mother Mary, that I personally don’t have to keep it up anymore

“Do You… Have ANY IDEA… How HARD it is to get coffee stains… out of SILK?”

I come from a solidly Labor family, and I can tell that that woman is NOT a member of the IBEW.

“When my lawyer gets through with you, you’ll be lucky to get contracts as Shopping Mall Guards!”

“at least you won’t have to be exfoliated soon!"

"you’re not one of those people who hold a grudge because someone stole your Oreos at recess back in Second Grade, are you?”

So we stood there and listened to the unmistakable sound of priceless artifacts being used as improvised weaponry.

Then a figure out of a revisionist production of The Wizard of Oz appeared.

I do have to admit that it was the sort of outfit that called for spats.

rather reminded me of the mascot for that exterminator company

"For all we knew, he could have been an eccentric patron of the Arts.”

no way he’s completed a Residency

working furiously on his next brainfart

Bus Transfers of Doom

a no-holds-barred, to-the-death fight with a basket of dirty laundry

“Very grabby, doesn’t play well with others.”

I spent three hours making sure that the red tape was tied properly.

It takes some genuine panache to get a New York maitre‘d to seat superheroes in full costume.

For someone who looked maybe Five or Six, that kid had some serious moves.

• this is all some weird, awkward, dorky form of flirting.

• @ben_lubar:

the YouTube AI foot fetish hypothesis is still valid

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@scholrlea quoted in Quotes Out of Context:

You mean that would have worked!?

Heh…

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.