Karla wants a new avatar

• Grade A Premium Asshole

@Onyx said in Karla wants a new avatar:

@Karla engage parthenogenesis!

Most people just simplify it by calling it masturbation.

• Notification Spam Recipient

@Polygeekery said in Karla wants a new avatar:

after bath lotion

:wtf:

"It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again".

I still need to see this movie where this keeps getting quoted. Every time I read it I'm like, "WTF are they on about?"

@Tsaukpaetra You have to be fist-fucking me? You have never seen 'Silence of the Lambs'?

You now have a homework assignment. Go watch it now. Drop everything else.

You have to be fist-fucking me? You have never seen 'Silence of the Lambs'?

I indeed have not. Will it induce mental scarring? I have a list (currently blocked) of items that are said to do this which I occasionally sick a simulacrum on.

Seriously considering it, Censor is struggling right now and I'm fairly depressed.
    On second thought, maybe not.

• @Polygeekery said in Karla wants a new avatar:

@error said in Karla wants a new avatar:

Well, if his ideal mate is himself, and you're being mistaken for him, then, by the transitive property...

Oh, fuck no. My ideal mate is not myself. I would murder me. I have strong opinions about everything, my wife is Swiss so she is neutral on most issues. I am logical to a fault, whereas my wife is fairly emotional.

It is like a magnet. Opposites attract and all that. I have a big personality, so I need someone to balance me out.

I've had strong feelings about things and we've both taught each other things.
    His interest in guns is how I became so pro-2A.
    We probably both started out as more liberal when we started and we each have pushed the other in different ways.

We've both helped each other grow. So we have been very good for each other. Though knowing what I know now I would have never recommended either of us to get with the other (not because of us---but we both had what I would consider red flags that could lead to a bad outcome).

Yeah, my husband is the emotional/romantic one of us. When we had been dating for 6 months he snuck into my job left a gift on my desk while I was away. The note said something like "6 months, 6 years, 6 decades..." My coworkers asked if it was an anniversary...I said no (because I forgot).

He is very right brain and I am very left brain but we are both geeky. He is extroverted, I am introverted. He thinks everyone should get a toy for their birthday and Christmas...I like to be more practical. He cares more about aesthetics in our over-crowded apartment while I just want more shelves and bins to try and organize. We both are packrats (so the over-crowding is both of our faults).

Though I would love to have drinks with you @Polygeekery (WITH our spouses).

@Karla said in Karla wants a new avatar:

This reminds me of an inappropriate joke I made the other day.

Her: "Want to go on a date with your wife this Friday?"
    Me: "It would be more fun if I went on a date with someone else's wife this Friday, but sure."

I really have no idea why she puts up with my shit.

This reminds me of an inappropriate joke I made the other day.

Her: "Want to go on a date with your wife this Friday?"
    Me: "It would be more fun if I went on a date with someone else's wife this Friday, but sure."

I really have no idea why she puts up with my shit.

I joke with my husband, I would love another wife if she cooked, cleaned, and was low maintenance (ultimately probably cheaper just to pay for it).

@Tsaukpaetra You have to be fist-fucking me? You have never seen 'Silence of the Lambs'?

Well, that's an image I could done without. Where is the eyebleach emoji?

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

We probably both started out as more liberal when we started and we each have pushed the other in different ways.

So a couple of young liberals lose their way and become old conservatives? Say it ain't so! Next you'll be telling me you think Trump's got some good ideas..

Which way to the flaming politicized trolleys thread again?

Well, that's an image I could done without. Where is the eyebleach emoji?

Now I'm super-curious. What possible image.... Oh. āœŠ:giggity: . Eh, depends on the sizes and the relative positions, and particular prior preparations, and... well, things, I guess.

Stay safe, friends!

• @Dreikin said in Karla wants a new avatar:

So a couple of young liberals lose their way and become old conservatives? Say it ain't so! Next you'll be telling me you think Trump's got some good ideas..

"If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain"

I'm a Libertarian. Since a Libertarian is highly unlikely to win. I prefer Trump to Hilary because both parties in congress will block everything he does unless he moderates it.

I would rather someone who can't do anything than someone who is known to be corrupt and knows she can get away with it.

Bernie supporters I generally think are sincere but seriously innumerate, Hilary supporters are so partisan they cannot think rationally.

• @Karla said in Karla wants a new avatar:

@Dreikin said in Karla wants a new avatar:

"If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain"

I'm a Libertarian. Since a Libertarian is highly unlikely to win. I prefer Trump to Hilary because both parties in congress will block everything he does unless he moderates it.

I would rather someone who can't do anything than someone who is known to be corrupt and knows she can get away with it.

Bernie supporters I generally think are sincere but seriously innumerate, Hilary supporters are so partisan they cannot think rationally.

Even worse, many of the friends that I went to HS and college with who we were all liberal...are still liberal. I find it especially ironic when they complain about paying taxes.

• BINNED

Oh... politics...

fixes his dress, picks up his crowbar and leaves the thread

• @Onyx said in Karla wants a new avatar:

Oh... politics...

fixes his dress, picks up his crowbar and leaves the thread

I'll stop.

• BINNED

I'll stop.

HELP! I'M BEING TAKEN SERIOUSLY AGAIN!

@Onyx said in Karla wants a new avatar:

*Summons fishing pole and whips a hook into the back of @Onyx, reeling him in and preventing him from being taken*

• @Onyx said in Karla wants a new avatar:

I'll stop.

My bad. šŸ˜†

I find it especially ironic when they complain about paying taxes.

While I don't seriously mean to get into politics here (and it appears we will not agree), do you mean they complain about them like people complain about having to do chores (something necessary but not necessarily enjoyable), or do they complain about them in principle or something like that? Because the latter is a real :wtf: for anyone who wants some type of modern, useful government, but the former is perfectly understandable even if you think taxes should be higher. At least to me.

I joke with my husband, I would love another wife if she cooked, cleaned, and was low maintenance (ultimately probably cheaper just to pay for it).

My wife and I both joke about that. Which reminds me...I keep forgetting about another thread I have been meaning to start.

I'm a Libertarian.

@antiquarian and I would like to invite you to join our club.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

I have a super-liberal New York City friend who always fusses about how we can afford to pay more taxes. Then one day a few years ago he used that talking point about how NY pays so much in taxes it essentially pays for several other poor red states. I said to him, "hey, aren't you always saying you wish tax rates were higher? Well, you've got your wish right there."

He didn't think that was funny at all.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

I keep forgetting about another thread I have been meaning to start.

Is that one beyond the one about the horrible demo you never told us the story about?

While I don't seriously mean to get into politics here (and it appears we will not agree), do you mean they complain about them like people complain about having to do chores (something necessary but not necessarily enjoyable), or do they complain about them in principle or something like that? Because the latter is a real :wtf: for anyone who wants some type of modern, useful government, but the former is perfectly understandable even if you think taxes should be higher. At least to me.

Well...since you asked...

They think they are paying too much while supporting extra constitutional government policies that generally do a worse job than leaving it up to the free market with far more waste. I veterans in my family who can't get the health care they need; I don't want that for any more people to be in that position. This one of reasons starting my own business scares me.

Also they are of the type that think the rich don't pay their fair share. The majority support policies to make them pay more not realizing that those policies hurt the middle class more than any other group. The rich can work around.

I'm not against all taxes. I'm against an overly complicated tax code. I think either a flat income tax with a minimum income before it kicks in. Eliminating the majority of deductions or a sales tax (necessary items exempt to a maximum amount) or some combination. This would make it easier for everyone to do their own taxes.

If I suddenly had the power, here is what I would do:

Pensions for all federal politicians ended. Salaries cut to median of their district.

Hold a constitutional convention. Which will vote on:

Shutdown every federal agency that is extra constitutional (it is extra-constitutional as long as it is not EXPLICITLY enumerated in the constitution).

If there isn't a 2/3th majority voting Yay, it is gone. Liquidated, Immediately.

Between 2/3 and 3/4 can remain functional until the chance to vote for an amendment which must occur in a timely manner.

More than 3/4, keep but default a 5 year sunset clause and has to be re-voted otherwise the above rules apply.

Same with all federal laws.Federal government is supposed to be small.

I'm also not against splitting into 3 countries (Left, Right, Libertarian). The Libertarian country will plan for annexing the Left one when it turns to Detroit. šŸ˜‰

I will be happy to move to be in a more Libertarian government. All US citizens have citizenship in all three countries until they select an allegiance to one with in X years and have X + Y years to take up residency (I get it may be hard for some families to move within a short amount of time).

There are tons of other things, that I don't know enough to have strong opinions on or am forgetting. I think i wrote more than enough for now.

My husband said he'd vote for me.

@Onyx :sadface:

I'm a Libertarian.

@antiquarian and I would like to invite you to join our club.

Is it safe to assume the club is about Libertarianism? What is the jumping in policy?

@FrostCat said in Karla wants a new avatar:

Is that one beyond the one about the horrible demo you never told us the story about?

Shitballs. I tell ya what, if anyone else wants to hear that story just voice your support somehow. Upvote, reply, PM me, whatever. If 5-10 people want to hear about that :wtf: I will write it up.

And yes, it is.

• @FrostCat said in Karla wants a new avatar:

I have a super-liberal New York City friend who always fusses about how we can afford to pay more taxes. Then one day a few years ago he used that talking point about how NY pays so much in taxes it essentially pays for several other poor red states. I said to him, "hey, aren't you always saying you wish tax rates were higher? Well, you've got your wish right there."

He didn't think that was funny at all.

Yeah, I'm in NYC too,

Was planning to move to a sparsly populated PA area (much easier gun laws).

Though according to this:

Looks NH might be the better option.

I'd like to be not too far driving distance from my family at least prior to the ZA.

They think they are paying too much while supporting extra constitutional government policies that generally do a worse job than leaving it up to the free market with far more waste. I veterans in my family who can't get the health care they need; I don't want that for any more people to be in that position. This one of reasons starting my own business scares me.
    Also they are of the type that think the rich don't pay their fair share. The majority support policies to make them pay more not realizing that those policies hurt the middle class more than any other group. The rich can work around.
    I'm not against all taxes. I'm against an overly complicated tax code. I think either a flat income tax with a minimum income before it kicks in. Eliminating the majority of deductions or a sales tax (necessary items exempt to a maximum amount) or some combination. This would make it easier for everyone to do their own taxes.
    Pensions for all federal politicians ended. Salaries cut to median of their district.
    Shutdown every federal agency that is extra constitutional (it is extra-constitutional as long as it is not EXPLICITLY enumerated in the constitution).
    If there isn't a 2/3th majority voting Yay, it is gone. Liquidated, Immediately.
    Between 2/3 and 3/4 can remain functional until the chance to vote for an amendment which must occur in a timely manner.
    More than 3/4, keep but default a 5 year sunset clause and has to be re-voted otherwise the above rules apply.
    I'm also not against splitting into 3 countries (Left, Right, Libertarian). The Libertarian country will plan for annexing the Left one when it turns to Detroit.
    I will be happy to move to be in a more Libertarian government. All US citizens have citizenship in all three countries until they select an allegiance to one with in X years and have X + Y years to take up residency (I get it may be hard for some families to move within a short amount of time).
    There are tons of other things, that I don't know enough to have strong opinions on or am forgetting. I think i wrote more than enough for now.

If you ever want to have an affair, look me up.

Is it safe to assume the club is about Libertarianism? What is the jumping in policy?

We are more about "What we want of our government is to leave us the fuck alone" sort of club. I will have to consult with him, but I think the only policy is that you have to want your government to leave you the fuck alone. Libertarians are not too keen on rules.

• @FrostCat said in Karla wants a new avatar:

šŸ”„ The Polygamy thread šŸ”„ He does have Poly in is name!!!

According to @Weng and @icantrememberwhathisnameisbutitisroughly"eat my l33t", PA is not the best place to look for a tech job. But, certain parts of the Midwest (my city especially) are becoming a hotbed for tech jobs and we are still big supporters of the Second Amendment.

I'm also not against splitting into 3 countries (Left, Right, Libertarian). The Libertarian country will plan for annexing the Left one when it turns to Detroit.

If you ever want to have an affair, look me up.

Only if you campaign for me.

At least it is not Vermont. Then you would have Bernie Sanders on you. Ewwwwwwww.

According to @Weng and @icantrememberwhathisnameisbutitisroughly"eat my l33t", PA is not the best place to look for a tech job. But, certain parts of the Midwest (my city especially) are becoming a hotbed for tech jobs and we are still big supporters of the Second Amendment.

In order to move, I would need to get a remote job, Since cost of living will be so much lower, I could even take a paycut.

At least it is not Vermont. Then you would have Bernie Sanders on you. Ewwwwwwww.

Exactly!

In order to move, I would need to get a remote job, Since cost of living will be so much lower, I could even take a paycut.

What sort of work do you do now?

ā‹®

In my plan the very first thing wouldn't even address things like universal healthcare and the military, etc. It'd simply be to reform the electoral system to be something that's more representative. In particular,

• President is done by ranked voting, with no clustering or intermediaries.
    • House of Representatives is done by proportional voting
    • Senate is either gotten rid of, replaced with something non-political-ish I haven't thought of yet, or ranked/proportional vote per state (again, no grouping or intermediaries).
    • House of Representatives is given a maximum number of representatives - say, 200 which would give voting blocks of .5% or larger representation. (This is to keep the number of people to blame manageable, while also having expansive representation.)

Only after that, all the fun debatable stuff like healthcare, guns, and corporate monetary political speech.

• Garbage Person

@Polygeekery TLDR, if you want to do VB.net, move to Harrisburg. The state does all their stuff in VB.

Otherwise, get lost, it's a shithole. There may be jobs in Philly and The Pitt, but neither are places you'd ever want to live, no matter how much you like guns.

Harrisburg is also a shithole.

And as far as working remotely, even the somewhat civilized parts of the state have awful shitheap internet connections.

What sort of work do you do now?

Web programming. We are finally replacing our aged ColdFusion (IK THR :wtf: ), with MS Dynamics CRM, All smaller projects are .NET. I've been trying to teach my self some DevOps tools.

I have WP websites on shared hosting that i want to move to VPS. I think once I learn enough of this automation, I can do managed hosting.

And you are the perfect person to talk about these things!

ā‹®

In my plan the very first thing wouldn't even address things like universal healthcare and the military, etc. It'd simply be to reform the electoral system to be something that's more representative. In particular,

• President is done by ranked voting, with no clustering or intermediaries.
    • House of Representatives is done by proportional voting
    • Senate is either gotten rid of, replaced with something non-political-ish I haven't thought of yet, or ranked/proportional vote per state (again, no grouping or intermediaries).
    • House of Representatives is given a maximum number of representatives - say, 200 which would give voting blocks of .5% or larger representation. (This is to keep the number of people to blame manageable, while also having expansive representation.)

Only after that, all the fun debatable stuff like healthcare, guns, and corporate monetary political speech.

I forgot one that my Father in law mentioned and I like. No elected officials can serve more than one term consequently. With an upper limit of 12 years.

• @Weng said in Karla wants a new avatar:

@Polygeekery TLDR, if you want to do VB.net, move to Harrisburg. The state does all their stuff in VB.

Otherwise, get lost, it's a shithole. There may be jobs in Philly and The Pitt, but neither are places you'd ever want to live, no matter how much you like guns.

Harrisburg is also a shithole.

And as far as working remotely, even the somewhat civilized parts of the state have awful shitheap internet connections.

Key to find a remote are with good internet! got it.

I always keep myself accessible for anyone who wants career or entrepreneurship advice. Ask away. I help where I can.

It also helps if people prod me out of the flamewar threads. That is always appreciated. @Mikael_Svahnberg tries, but usually fails.

I forgot one that my Father in law mentioned and I like. No elected officials can serve more than one term consequently. With an upper limit of 12 years.

I have always been in favor of a voter initiative where we vote out any and all incumbents and replace them. Their replacements have to do what their constituents want, or they can also fuck off in the next election cycle.

I always keep myself accessible for anyone who wants career or entrepreneurship advice. Ask away. I help where I can.

It also helps if people prod me out of the flamewar threads. That is always appreciated. @Mikael_Svahnberg tries, but usually fails.

Thanks I will take you up on that.

@Jarry That puts it at 5, including @FrostCat. In short order, that is good enough. I am a busy person lately. If on ~June 28th I have not wrote it up, hold my feet to the fire and bug me about it, so that I do not forget.

• @Polygeekery
    will do.

also, there was another history that you promised us, but i can't remember about what it was

@Jarry said in Karla wants a new avatar:

also, there was another history that you promised us, but i can't remember about what it was

My memory is as long as my dick, and I have a lot of irons in the fire. If you remember, let me know and I will do my best to tell.

@Jarry said in Karla wants a new avatar:

My memory is as long as my dick, and I have a lot of irons in the fire. If you remember, let me know and I will do my best to tell.

My first read through suggests you are saying you have bad memory but...I'm not quite sure...asking for a friend.

@Karla

0_1466563893477_upload-307ea056-5fff-49f6-b918-0b69cb6974f1

I don't watch Archer...but husband does...so I do know the memes (phrasing and smoke bomb) but I had to ask what this meant.

He tells me I'm not allowed to use the memes if I don't watch it. Every time I've heard the dialog it has annoyed me. I cannot imagine purposefully sitting through that.

In general, I have little tolerance for TV comedy. I never liked Friends, Seinfeld, etc.