Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred

• sockdevs

Mafia VI - ファイナルファンタジーVI Spellars Town Council

The rules

1. If by some miracle you’re able to post in this thread and aren’t a living player, do not post and report the situation to me. If you want to comment on the ongoing game or berate a player for being an idiot, PM me to apply to the official peanut gallery.
    2. Important: do not report posts in any faction/private thread. There are moderators playing, and reporting a post makes it visible to them regardless of permissions. Summon one of the site administrators instead.
    3. When in doubt, ask questions via PM. I may or may not answer depending on the nature of the question, but you can be sure all communication via chat will be kept private.
    4. Each player should have obtained a role card via PM. The role card contains:
      • Your flavor role, or “position”. This information has no gameplay value, and you can share it freely for roleplay purposes.
      • Your factional allegiance. You’re probably better off not sharing that.
    5. You are not allowed to quote your Role PM directly, or any other private communication with me for that matter. You can paraphrase it, you can make things up about your role, you can invent a role, but you can’t post a quote from your role card. There will be a publicly visible example of a role card of this game’s analogue of Vanilla Townie.
      • Flavor role part is excluded from this rule.
    6. You’re heavily encouraged to save your Role PM outside of the chat. NodeBB’s private messaging system is… not suited for long-time storage.
    7. This is a pure vanilla game. There are no power roles in play in this game.
      • Including Jester. There are no Jesters in this game. That player who’s being an idiot is, in fact, an idiot.
    8. This is a non-bastard game. A full role PM will be revealed upon death unless otherwise specified, and the GM will not lie to you, deceive you, give you up, let you down, run around and desert you.
    9. This is a flavor game. There’s no guarantee that commonly-known Mafia terminology will be used.
    10. You can quit the game at any time, either by PM or by public announcement. Abuse of this mechanism to gain advantage will have severe consequences.
    11. Do not edit, bookmark or like posts. You shouldn’t be able to, but if you manage to find a clever way to do it anyway, Club Ded will not be amused.
    12. Do not contact other players or Club Ded members outside of threads marked for this purpose, and do not discuss the game anywhere but in those threads. The Big Brother watches you.
    13. Do not encrypt, obfuscate or alter your posts, or use content which can be altered (outside-hosted images, oneboxes, etc.). Report all posts which infringe this rule via a PM to me.
    14. Do not post during the time between end of day lynch and receiving the lynch results. This rule applies to all threads, not just the main thread.
    15. You have to post in the main thread once every 24 hours. And no, if for some reason I don’t do an attendance count on a given day, you’re not off the hook. Don’t gamble with the GM.

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL THE GAME STARTS

This game starts on May 7th at 12:00 UTC Which is 4 Days 18 Hours 45 Minutes

Any player posting in this thread before the official start of the game will face the wrath of Club Ded. :dramatic_pug.gif:

• sockdevs

@accalia said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

Each player should have obtained a role card via PM.

There has been some question about this rule via Chat.

If you are wondering why you haven't received your role card then never fear, no one has yet.

This thread has gone up early at the request of the admins to do some CSS tomfoolery. The role cards will be delivered on Saturday May 6th at some point during the day in preparation for the main event.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

• sockdevs

This will be a bot assisted game, Please see below for the syntax for managing your votes and for querying information about the current game.

MafiaBot Commands

MafiaBot commands are as follows:

• Vote: @vote for @player or !vote @player
    • Unvote: @vote unvote, !unvote @player
    • No Lynch: @vote no-lynch or !no-lynch
    • List votes: @vote list-votes or !list-votes
    • Show living players: @vote list-players or !list-players
    • Show all players: @vote list-all-players or !list-all-players

Note that MafiaBot commands must be on their own lines. Commands on the same line as other text will either be ignored or incorrectly processed.

Thanks to @Dreikin for allowing me the use of his @vote account to run the bot as.

• sockdevs

You get this a couple of days early because i got impatient..... i bought all this popcorn and it's going stale.... Because this is early no checkins will happen until the previously announced starting time You get a by this time on posting because of my impatience. ;-) Post checkins will start as scheduled this Saturday.

Mafia VI - Spellars Twon Council

It's election year for the Spellars Town Council, Anthropologic personification of @Accalia's mental state. Long time chairperson Accalia is up for reelection and looks to be a shoo-in, however there is growing resentment for her long time chairpersonship and dictatorial attitude.

As election day nears the council convenes to find the council chambers practically destroyed, desks are overturned and wall hangings shredded. More disturbingly is the body of @Accalia propped up against the podium, a sword pierced her breast, nailing her to the podium.

Several bodies are arranged around Accalia, it seems she defended herself admirably, ChaosTheEternal, Boomzilla and Vaire appear to have died from deep bites and claw scratches that appear to be inflicted by Accalia in the act of defending herself

As @Yamikuronue investigates closer @Boomzilla grabs her arm in a blood stained hand and gasps "You think she won? You think we're the only ones that are against her? There are others…. We will win yet…" So saying @Boomzilla slumps to the ground once more, the lifesblood fled his body at last.

@Cheater takes charge, Organizing @Aliceif and @Xaade to remove the clawed and bitten bodies from the council chambers while @Yamikuronue covers the cold, almost waxy looking body of @Accalia.

"Gentlemen and Ladies of the council." @Cheater intones "It appears we have traitors in our midst. We must cleanse ourselves of these traitors…" A pause as @Cheater walks over to the ballot boxes against one wall before continuing ominously. "In the only way we know how…."

DUN-DUN-DUUUUN!!! - Sound Effect – 00:04
    — Dark Parodies

It is now Day 1! The deadline is Wednesday, May 11th, 1700 UTC that is 5 Days, 19 hours from now

!start

• Impossible Mission Players - A

*sighs* Well, I know that elections get heated, but seriously? I thought we were all civilized past this point.
    All I had hoped for was a nice, quiet election, where everyone would take their rightful seats and be happy, but it seems that not everyone's version of "right" is the same.

Well, now that we've been all excited again, how is everyone?

• @accalia said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

Anthropologic

ITYM anthropomorphic... Also if we're personifications of your mental state and you're dead, are we dead too? That would be a fast one...

• sockdevs

@Maciejasjmj said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

ITYM anthropomorphic...

you read the title of this one, no?

:-P

@Maciejasjmj said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

are we dead too

dead or alive, the game is afoot!

• As councillor for Morality, may I be first to say that this dastardly act is a disgraceful reflection on our community. Although (as I have sometimes been left with no choice but to comment upon) the turpitude of late @Accalia was sometimes in doubt, but this indelicate act of vigilantism steps well beyond the bounds of regular behaviour.

My righteous anger knows no bounds. For the sake of upholding Standards and Common Decency we must leave no stone unturned in our search for the perpetrators. I move that we form an inquisitorial subcommittee and that we act with expedition to ensure that righteousness prevails. We must act swiftly and decisively to exact judicial retribution against the murderer (and their evil axis of co-conspirators) and remember above all us the maxim 'those who are not with us are against us'. Only through brutal and unguided vengeance shall morality prevail again.

• mod

Well this was certainly a surprise. But why did there have to be so much blood? Oh the blood …

/hurk/

• mod

@abarker said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

Well this was certainly a surprise. But why did there have to be so much blood? Oh the blood …

/hurk/

I wish to apopolize to the Councillor for Disgust (if they are still with us) for pre-empting their position.

• Maria chokes back the tears, knowing that mourning the loss of Accalia will have to wait until this icky affair is resolved. She then closes her eyes and takes a few deep breaths to quell her nausea, opening them once her stomach is settled.

How… How could anyone be so mean? I just don't get it… Why anyone would want to hurt Accalia? OK, she could be a bit of a meanie, but she was a good person… But I can't be sad, not while we have ickies in our midst. As councillor for optimism, I must be hopeful that we will find the baddies and avenge Accalia!

OOC: Maria is the name I've adopted for this game; I'll respond equally to that and to @mentions, so use whichever you feel like

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

Hey guys, what a wonderful day. I love waking up, don't you? Who wants to go for a run before coffee?

Wait, is that @accalia on the floor? What's she doing there?

Oh.

As minister for joy, it's my duty to identify the silver lining of this. I might need a few minutes though. Wow, this is a biggie. Best to keep a smile, though. Things could be worse... I suppose...

• Impossible Mission Players - A

@Jaloopa said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

Things could be worse.

They could also be better too. Like, not dying. But apparently we're in it for the long haul...

• @Jaloopa said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

minister for joy

I'm councilor of awe. Do we have ministers to?

I can officialy tell that this event isn't awesome at all.

@fbmac said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

Do we have ministers to?

I love inflating my job title. It makes me so happy!

Hey, guys. I have a great idea for a really fin game.

We should try to work out which of us are traitors. then we should KILL them. Wouldn't that be fun?

Ooh, then we can have marshmallows. I love marshmallows!

• As the councilor for anticipation, I await in - ahem - anticipation, for the resolution of this situation. In the meantime...

@vote for @Captain

Policy lynch and all...

Will people follow my suit? Let's wait and see.

• @Cheater voted for @Captain in post #884505.

Vote text:
    [quote]
    @vote for @Captain
    [/quote]

• mod

@Cheater said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

As the councilor for anticipation,

As the councillor for surprise, I must come up with a way to surprise you now ...

• mod

In a good way, of course.

Wait, is that @accalia on the floor? What's she doing there?
    Oh.

Xaade, the minister of serenity picks up the body and starts using it as a puppet

In a disturbingly terrible scratchy attempt at a feminine voice "Oh, nothing... I'm doing alright".

cough

He sets the body back down.... frowns.... lifts up a single finger to speak.... then closes his mouth. Opens again.... and closes again.... then walks off into a corner and you hear mutterings about how terribly not awe-filling that display was

@xaade That seems more light-hearted and not taking this situation seriously than serene.

Which is brilliant.

But also a bit suspicious.

I'd be so happy if I decide to vote for you and you turn out to be a traitor. I'd really enjoy killing a bad guy. Then we could have cake

• @Jaloopa

shifts eyebrows

I just... really didn't want anyone to be traumatized...

I'm going to go.... do some yoga
    voice trails off in whisper.

• area_deu

That seems more light-hearted and not taking this situation seriously than serene.
    Which is brilliant.

It feels illogical to me.

@aliceif a fun puzzle to solve then

• @aliceif

I take my job very seriously.... and sometimes that requires throwing logic out the window in favor of keeping everyone really calm....

Especially.... the minister of mania over there.... @Jaloopa

shrinks behind shoulder....

I don't want to bring up what happened that one time they found a stick of dynamite and decided "Share and Enjoy" was our new slogon....

I love inflating my job title. It makes me so happy!

Then we could have cake

But what if the cake is also a lie. Like the over-inflated job title.

:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

• area_deu

@xaade said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

and sometimes that requires throwing logic out the window

Don't you dare ...

• @aliceif Well... do we have a present minister of logic?

@japonicus said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

But what if the cake is also a lie

Then we could find the liar and punish them!

It's great when people get what's coming to them!

• area_deu

@aliceif Well... do we have a present minister of logic?

You're talking to her, in fact.

Then we could find the liar and punish them!

You suggested there's cake.

We might want to remedy this before someone gets dissappointed, or worse... angry.

You suggested there's cake.

Hypothetical cake. I'm sure we can find the real thing around here if we try hard enough.

It's true that we don't want people getting angry, although rants are pretty funny sometimes.

• mod

Hypothetical cake.

Damn it! You beat me to the surprise! Surprise is my job! Mine!

• mod

Wait, I just remembered something:

@Cheater said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

vote for @Captain
    Policy lynch and all...

Based on what? Policy lynch for what? He hasn't even said anything yet.

Hypothetical cake. I'm sure we can find the real thing around here if we try hard enough.

How can you be thinking about cake at a time like this?

If you find some, can I have a slice?

@RaceProUK of course. Cake for all. We have to keep our spirits up don't we?

• Yay! So, where do you think... No, we can't look for cake now, not while we have ickies to find!

• @abarker said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

He hasn't even said anything yet.

Which might be seen as very suspicious behaviour.

Are there officers for Remorse, Regret or Guilt who might rule on this matter?

@RaceProUK said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

No, we can't look for cake now, not while we have ickies to find!

Shouldn't we be looking for clues anyway? We might find cake as well

• area_deu

@Jaloopa I'm sure the sword Accalia was stabbed with was not intended to be used with cake.

@aliceif but logically it could be, yes?

We'd want to clean the blood off first.

Unless it's a red velvet cake. Nobody would notice then

Shouldn't we be looking for clues anyway?

A quest for clues? I'm in!

We might find cake as well

Yum! :yum:

We'd want to clean the blood off first.

Don't be silly, a sword's too big for cake!

Unless it's really big cake...

• mod

@vote list-players

• ##Player List
    ###Living:

• Fbmac
    • Xaade
    • RaceProUK
    • Jaloopa
    • Sloosecannon
    • Abarker
    • Captain
    • Japonicus
    • Tsaukpaetra
    • Aliceif
    • Yamikuronue
    • Maciejasjmj
    • Cheater
    • Cloak15
      ###Mod(s):
    • accalia

• mod

@japonicus said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

@abarker said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

He hasn't even said anything yet.

Which might be seen as very suspicious behaviour.

According to that logic, then your entire list of suspects must currently look something like this:

Seems awfully strange to me that you are so readily casting a vote for @Captain before he has said anything. It is double bizarre that you called it a vote for a "policy lynch", but there doesn't seem to be a policy lynch on the books which fits a case like "It's been a few minutes since we discovered our chairperson dead and you haven't said anything yet".

Finger of Suspicion @japonicus

• mod

To top it off, I would think that the councillor of anticipation would be on the edge of his seat, eager to hear what @captain has to say before casting such a troubling vote. I guess even I, the councillor of surpprise, can be sruprised.

• @abarker said in Mafia VI - Spellars Town Council Game Thred:

Seems awfully strange to me that you are so readily casting a vote for @Captain before he has said anything.

Finger of Suspicion @japonicus

I protest!

I'm not the one voting for @captain!

Morally we cannot lynch Captain without conclusive evidence, but then...
    if he is guilty then it would be deeply immoral to let him get away with murder while lynching a scapegoat in his place.
    This is really hard... I hope I get Anger next year - that would be much simpler.

@vote list-votes

• Votecount for Day 1

Captain (1): Cheater
    Not Voting (13): Maciejasjmj, Tsaukpaetra, Xaade, RaceProUK, Abarker, Aliceif, Yamikuronue, Captain, Jaloopa, Fbmac, Japonicus, Cloak15, Sloosecannon

With 14 playing, it's 8 to lynch!

• mod

@japonicus Oh, I apologize, I got confused by you defending @cheater's vote.

I retract the FOS for @Japonicus and cast a new one:

Finger of Suspicion @cheater

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.