Required reading for everyone!

• This is required reading for you all: "
    If some Software Developers built houses?"

• Good Read.

Interestingly, My job is in the home construction industry, so this might get circulated to the developers around here. :)

• Nice reading, indeed. But it forgets to mention something: nobody knows
    how to make computer operation intuitive. We are house builders who
    don't know what's "normal" for a house, and the various sets of "user
    interface guidelines" can't change the fact that humans invented
    something almost too complicated to cope with.

Now that's an interesting topic: how to build a "normal", human-friendly, computer. Ideas, anyone?

• It should be designed like a blender [8-|]

• Outstanding!  I needed the laugh.

• A Human friendly computer:

No keyboard. 

No mouse. 

No monitor.

No case.

No parts. 

You now have a human friendly computer. 

• I love the way the piece is about software developers, and then comes this bit:

Things are odd shapes and despite 5000 years of achitectural evolution our designer throws it all out and assumes he knows best and that a lounge room can be long and thin etc.

AHA. It's all the fault of the designer. The developer has just made what the designer has designed. Now this I can agree with. Especially 'Web designers' have a knack of making sites absolutely unusable. But then the are 'balanced', and 'according to the clients styleguide'.

I know that the interfaces to my hobby projects are usually somewhat like the house. Because it's not a commercial product, and I'm not going to sell it to anyone, I believe that is my choice. If I want to make all my buttons doubleclick (which I have never actually seen anywhere), that's up to me. I'm going to be the one using it.

Drak

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.