Staying logged into NodeBB

• Is there any way to stay logged in indefinitely, like in Discourse?

I keep going to reply to something or hit like only to get "You're not logged in". Too lazy to log in.

So... when do you move to the next forum?

• Grade A Premium Asshole

@Bort Normally, yes you would stay logged in. But it is my understanding that when @ben_lubar has to rebuild the docker images, everyone has to log back in.

I do agree though that it is a slight PITA. Worth it though to not have to deal with Discourse anymore.

• @Polygeekery

I linked my account to my Gmail account, so it's a very slight PITA at this point. It was more annoying before, since I hadn't logged in to Dicksauce for a year and forgot my password.

• @Bort if you last visited more than 3 days ago, it may have been my doing. Redis is set up properly now, so it shouldn't happen again.

• @ben_lubar If it's not going to be a regular thing, then whatever, don't worry about it.

• Impossible Mission Players - A

@Bort said in Staying logged into NodeBB:

don't worry about it.

This is one of the more prevalent reasons why I use a personal theme instead of default: I can immediately tell if I've been logged out for any reason.

To my knowledge, this has happened only three times since the migration. :)

• @Tsaukpaetra said in Staying logged into NodeBB:

To my knowledge, this has happened only three times since the migration.

1. Clustered NodeBB broke chats for users on different instances. Added redis, which didn't keep any of the sessions.
    2. Redis fucked up
    3. Redis fucked up and I changed some config settings so it wouldn't fuck up anymore

• sockdevs

@Polygeekery said in Staying logged into NodeBB:

Worth it though to not have to deal with Discourse anymore.

would be nice if we didn't have to deal with docker though......

• @accalia Ben seems to understand docker at least, unlike the Discodevs.

• sockdevs

@loopback0 this is true, this is true....

nevertheless it would be nice.

• @loopback0 said in Staying logged into NodeBB:

Ben seems to understand docker at least, unlike the Discodevs.

Well, it is written in Go. So, there you go, bro. To and fro. How ya doin'? So-so. Gotta get back to work for the co'. Oh? Well, you reap what you sew.

...please kill me.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.