Dude...Like...Totally!

• One of my previous bosses told me that one of his interviewing criteria was whether he thought the candidate would annoy him deeply after some reasonable time working in the same office. If so, no job offer. I still think that is quite reasonable. It should work the other way, unless you are really desparate for a/the job...

BTW, my CV ("resume" for you ex-colonials) is 3 or 4 pages, depending on font used, and I always wear a dark suit and tie to job interviews.

• @Joe Luser said:

One of my previous bosses told me that one of his interviewing criteria was whether he thought the candidate would annoy him deeply after some reasonable time working in the same office. If so, no job offer. I still think that is quite reasonable. It should work the other way, unless you are really desparate for a/the job...

BTW, my CV ("resume" for you ex-colonials) is 3 or 4 pages, depending on font used, and I always wear a dark suit and tie to job interviews.

Some people proselytize at the office; some don't.  You can work for 10 years next to a protest-march organizer who never once asks you to join the march.  Or you can find yourself next to someone who never lets a day go by without telling you you should eat more vegetables.

At one place I worked, the place was hit by an epidemic of est that made it hard to sustain any productivity.  ("Would you like to come to a meeting tonight?  Why not?  Are you sure?")  It can happen unexpectedly with no prior notice.