The Bitter Pill Thread

• @fbmac Shit. Hang on a second. This one... Uh... This one... this one goes in your mouth.

• @ScholRLEA said in The Bitter Pill Thread:

if I mention Transhumanism, out will come the torches and pitchforks.

I don't see why deciding that The Cloud is equivalent to Valhalla should be torch-and-pitchfork-worthy. Belly laugh? Sure. Hostility? What for?

• @flabdablet said in The Bitter Pill Thread:

@ScholRLEA said in The Bitter Pill Thread:

if I mention Transhumanism, out will come the torches and pitchforks.

I don't see why deciding that The Cloud is equivalent to Valhalla should be torch-and-pitchfork-worthy. Belly laugh? Sure. Hostility? What for?

Frankly, I'm at a loss here myself. Mostly, it seems to be seen as an insult to whatever Big Rock Candy Mountain the listeners' invisible friend told them they are going to go to already.

I personally don't see it as a contradiction to my belief in reincarnation, but then again, that's less a sincerely held faith and more a bitter joke (the way I usually put it is, I don't think that the PTB would let us off so easily as to be able to get off the merry-go-round after just one turn).

• @flabdablet said in The Bitter Pill Thread:

Maybe they've only dealt with HP datacenters?

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.