Quality of Comments

• Ever since the new format has been introduced, it seems the quality of the comments on the posts has severely decreased. Take today's carriage-return-line-feed post. I don't like to point out exactly which posts were retarded, but some comments left me with my jaw open... Like someone who's thinking that char a = '\0' and char a = 0 will put different values into a... WTF! Or what about suggesting a 2D array without knowing what 0 will do in a string. Seriously, WTF!?!?!?

• Those people make my baby cry.

And when people make Baby cry... Daddy gets mad!

• I started flaming that fool, but then stopped after realising that (a) it would be buried under a slew of other mindless comments like every front-page story, so my obvious brilliance would go unnoticed, and (b) the target wouldn't understand it anyway.

• @asuffield said:

I started flaming that fool, but then stopped after realising that (a) it would be buried under a slew of other mindless comments like every front-page story, so my obvious brilliance would go unnoticed, and (b) the target wouldn't understand it anyway.

Because of similar reasons, I only comment "funnily" if there are less than a few dozen comments.

The forums have more content quality. :) 

But that's always been the case, not just since the homecooked blog. 

• TDWTF has become a two-class society: the front page (I do not read the comments there often, for obvious reasons) for the unwashed masses and the forums for the 1337.

• @SchmidtBrickhouse said:

Those people make my baby cry.

Advertisements served up just above that message:

Your baby won't sleep?  Motion bed endorsed by Dr. Sears Lulls fussy babies, reflux, colic

Garber Baby  Invest In Your Child's Future From The Trusted Name In Children.

Are You a Slacker Mom?  A fun test to find out what type of parenting style fits you.

Free Baby Samples  All moms need free baby samples.  Free baby samples for new parents.

------------

That last one is creepy and disturbing.  How many children are killed to supply those free samples?

Who is Dr. Sears Lulls?

• @ammoQ said:

TDWTF has become a two-class society: the front page (I do not read the comments there often, for obvious reasons) for the unwashed masses and the forums for the 1337.

Has there been any discussion about establishing an invitation only forum here?  It might be a good idea, especially for discouraging the spamvertising threads of the "Hey, I'm a new user making my first post and by the way have you heard about this s00per 1337 product???" flavor.  I'm not suggesting I'd be worthy, but there are some members here whose posts tend to be far more worthwhile.  It might also eliminate all the self-entitled whining about free speech that some of the users in the Pizz^H^H^H&H past have had.

• @newfweiler said:

@SchmidtBrickhouse said:

Your baby won't sleep?  Motion bed endorsed by Dr. Sears Lulls fussy babies, reflux, colic

Are You a Slacker Mom?  A fun test to find out what type of parenting style fits you.

Free Baby Samples  All moms need free baby samples.  Free baby samples for new parents.

------------

That last one is creepy and disturbing.  How many children are killed to supply those free samples?

Who is Dr. Sears Lulls?

I think we should start a few threads where the purpose is to draw the most bizarre Google ads imaginable.

• @R.Flowers said:

@newfweiler said:
    @SchmidtBrickhouse said:

------------

Who is Dr. Sears Lulls?

I think we should start a few threads where the purpose is to draw the most bizarre Google ads imaginable.

I think it should start with the word "Colic"

• The use of asbestos causes cancer so you need a lawyer to start a class action. Which brings lots of earnings and income so you can repay your mortgage. Looking for a business chance?

• @ammoQ said:

The use of asbestos causes cancer so you need a lawyer to start a class action. Which brings lots of earnings and income so you can repay your mortgage. Looking for a business chance?

Hmmm... this didn't work as expected. 

• The front page simply has a lower barrier to reply, and more people read it.

Even though this is a tech site about WTF's there are still idiots, who will post about things they don't know about.

I wouldn't let it trouble you too much, but see it more like a pat on the back.

You know he's wrong, So when your read such comments you can be confident in the fact that in the grand order of things, your atleast one step above him.

Hell perhaps even put in your CV, "I for a fact know that i am not as stupid as ### other IT people i've seen on the internet"
    And guessing you might also read slashdot next to The daily WTF that number might add up fast.

• @ammoQ said:

@ammoQ said:

The use of asbestos causes cancer so you need a lawyer to start a class action. Which brings lots of earnings and income so you can repay your mortgage. Looking for a business chance?

Hmmm... this didn't work as expected. 

I think it has to be the first reply.