🎉coming to work on time

• The clients want us to work more hours than what's in our SOW ( statement of work). Our client relations manager is willing to bend over backwards. This is causing me upset.

I am saying, if I come in At 1:00 pm I will leave at 10:00 pm sharply.

Any stories you are having to share?

• @Nagesh come to work at 1:00pm? pm? And you're complaining? You have the whole fucking morning to yourself!

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

The usual first question is this one: if you work more hours, do you get paid more or other form of improved conditions? If not, Belgium▉▉▉▉▉▉▉ them.

• @wft said:

@Nagesh come to work at 1:00pm? pm? And you're complaining? You have the whole fucking morning to yourself!

Whatare you talking about? I am waking up only at 11:30 AM. Whole morning is spent in dreaming.

• @dkf No extra pay. The thinking process is if we work extra we will get better feedback and good appraisal.

• @Nagesh The question is, how long would the feedback take to turn into a higher salary, and how much of a difference would there be between having and not having that good appraisal?

If you can get away with it, don't do it. Keep going in to work on your regular hours. They're trying to screw you so that the client gets free work and the relations manager gets a bonus.

• @Nagesh Employers are always trying to make us work more for free. I usually avoid to confront them directly because being unemployed is no fun, but I never spent much time in a job where I can't avoid it.

• @fbmac I agreeing with you. I told account relations manager, that you are here with this silly thought process, but I am not having any agreement with you. If you want, you can and should complain to HR so that we both know where we are standing.

becoming spineless in front of client is not in my "aukat".

• @Nagesh said:

@dkf No extra pay. The thinking process is if we work extra we will get better feedback and good appraisal.

You can't eat a pat on the back.

• FoxDev

@Nagesh said:

The thinking process is if we work extra we will get better feedback and good appraisal.

if they are working you extra and not paying you extra then they are bad employers and should feel bad. </zoidberg>

• @accalia They should feel bad anyway, at least if they expect it on a regular basis. IME and according to every metric I've ever seen, both productivity and code quality drop rapidly when coders work more than 6 hours of actual coding time per day, or do more than four days of extensive coding in a seven-day work week.

See? Those annoying meetings are productive. Or at least keep you distracted enough to stay productive, I guess. And, as everyone always suspected, all those companies during the Dot Bomb that had 60+ hour weekly requirements were shooting themselves in the foot.