Mafia V - Corporate Mafia Club Ded

• Let's get started.

Welcome to Club Ded, everyone!

This is the only place where you can freely discuss Mafia V as long as it's ongoing. Any discussion outside of this thread will have consequences that will never be the same.

Setup doc (WIP):

Tracking doc:

Players:

Player ID Role ID Player Role
    112ChaosTheEternalMafia Vanilla
    211heterodoxMafia Tracker
    33xaadeTown Bodyguard
    41reverendryanTown Role Cop Lover
    510cheaterSelf-aligned 1-shot Actionproof* Arsonist
    69TsaukpaetraTown Vanilla
    77japonicusTown Vanilla Lover
    813DoctorJonesMafia Vanilla
    95yamikuronueTown 2-shot PGO Neighbour
    104fbmacTown Jailer Neighbour
    118abarkerTown Vanilla
    122CaptainTown Tracker Neighbour
    136PlaceholderTown Vanilla

Courtesy of @r10pez10, a visual aid for the setup:

• Frist

• Are we supposed to be able to see the Mafia/Current Game sub forums still, or is it a benefit of the new forums that Club Ded get to watch the private scheming in real time?

• @Nocha

• Everyone can see Current Game
    • Club Ded can see all subforums of Current Game
    • Living players can post in Current Game
    • Members of the Mafia/Neighborhood/Lovers 1 groups can see and post in their respective subforums
    • @Maciejasjmj can create new topics in all subforums of Current Game

• @ben_lubar I like this set up. Can @Maciejasjmj move living players from @Mafia-Players group to @Mafia-Club-Ded ?

• @Nocha yes. @Maciejasjmj controls all the groups.

• @Maciejasjmj said:

Second, @aliceif @abarker - if you got a notification for this, also report immediately.

15:37 < BenLubar> aliceif: can you access https://what.thedailywtf.com/topic/19354/mafia-v-corporate-mafia-club-ded ?
    15:38 < BenLubar> It'd be good to know now so I can fix it if it's broken
    15:39 < aliceif> nope can't seee it

Looks like we're good to go!

• @ben_lubar Can I be put in the administrators "people who can never be players ever" group? :P

• @powerlord nice try :waning_crescent_moon:

• @ben_lubar Also, have you let @PJH know the bad news?

• @powerlord since he's an admin, you just did let him know.

• @ben_lubar Can the admins be permitted to play if they relinquish their admin status for the game? Or do they have database access to abuse as well?

• @Nocha I'm the only one with access to the database or shell currently. And given that we have two main admins living on opposite sides of the world, I don't think we can give either one up.

• @ben_lubar Fair enough. Redundant admins seems like a good idea, although I assumed there would be somebody else with shell/db access. Nothing against you, just in case your internet goes down or you get hit by a bus

hopes Ben doesn't get hit by a bus

• @Nocha I was going to give PJH access but I hadn't gotten around to it yet.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@powerlord said:

@ben_lubar Can I be put in the administrators "people who can never be players ever" group? :P

@powerlord said:

@ben_lubar Also, have you let @PJH know the bad news?

Removing the @ doesn't remove the notification...

• Updated the first post with the setting. For the record, a list of players and roles in an unedited post (for rolling purposes):

Players:

1. ChaosTheEternal
    2. heterodox
    3. xaade
    4. aliceif
    5. reverendryan
    6. cheater
    7. Tsaukpaetra
    8. japonicus
    9. DoctorJones
    10. yamikuronue
    11. fbmac
    12. abarker
    13. Captain
    14. Placeholder

Setup:

1. Town Role Cop
    2. Town Tracker
    3. Town Bodyguard
    4. Town Jailer
    5. Town 2-shot PGO
    6. Town Vanilla
    7. Town Vanilla
    8. Town Vanilla
    9. Town Vanilla
    10. Town Vanilla
    11. Self-aligned 1-shot Actionproof* Arsonist
    12. Mafia Tracker
    13. Mafia Vanilla
    14. Mafia Vanilla
    • 3 random neighbours
    • 2 random town lovers (reroll on bodyguard)

*quoting the PM, "The first time any action targets you, you will evade all actions that night."

I'll need someone to roll me d14, d13, d12, ..., d2 to match users to roles.

• @Maciejasjmj just so you know, you can use HTML tables

• @ben_lubar said:

@Maciejasjmj just so you know, you can use HTML tables

Fuck. Don't tell @abarker.

• Anyway, things I want to ask:

• Does the setup seem well-balanced? As far as gameplay goes, the real theme of the game is "handing Town enough rope to hang themselves" - all roles are powerful in good hands, but there's no outright 100% information that can be gained, and they can easily screw themselves over by jumping to wrong conclusions.
    • How to balance the arsonist? That one-night ascetic+deathproof and effective investigation immunity from the role cop seems a bit much, but in this game a self-aligned player must be the last man standing, so they'll need all help they can get, since in itself it's a weak role. Or should I just plop a serial killer in?
    • Is the flavor too annoying? I made the role names up in role PMs/communication since the "standard" ones (cop, jailer, etc.) just don't fit the game, but I've included links to MafiaScum pointing at the proper names.

• @Maciejasjmj said:

I'll need someone to roll me

Here's your mapping:

@Maciejasjmj said:

Mafia V - Setup Document - collabedit

That document is rather slow to load… and will need a copyedit run before launch.

• @Maciejasjmj Any particular reason why not Google Docs?

• @dkf said:

and will need a copyedit run before launch.

I can put it on Docs, but I'll need to be able to copy and paste from it without hassle. Especially given the nature of Role PMs here.

Also, welcome our first Club Ded member, @aliceif, current record holder for "fastest death in the game" at about minus 2 days!

Revised lists:

Players:

1. ChaosTheEternal
    2. heterodox
    3. xaade
    4. reverendryan
    5. cheater
    6. Tsaukpaetra
    7. japonicus
    8. DoctorJones
    9. yamikuronue
    10. fbmac
    11. abarker
    12. Captain
    13. Placeholder

Setup:

1. Town Role Cop
    2. Town Tracker
    3. Town Bodyguard
    4. Town Jailer
    5. Town 2-shot PGO
    6. Town Vanilla
    7. Town Vanilla
    8. Town Vanilla
    9. Town Vanilla
    10. Self-aligned 1-shot Actionproof Arsonist
    11. Mafia Tracker
    12. Mafia Vanilla
    13. Mafia Vanilla
    • 3 random neighbours
    • 2 random town lovers (reroll on bodyguard)

Booted out @aliceif, and booted out a Vanilla Townie.

• area_deu

@Maciejasjmj said:

"fastest death in the game" at about minus 2 days!

I don't trust nodeBB enough. I'm sure that it will accidentally make me cheat or something.

• This post is deleted!

• @aliceif since you're the first mod in club ded, keep in mind that you have posting permissions on any category you can view, so be careful.

@Maciejasjmj said:

I can put it on Docs, but I'll need to be able to copy and paste from it without hassle.

I'm just reminding you that the text needs that little bit of extra work. Also might need finishing in a bulk-content sense, though it's more usual for the GM to wing it to keep the amount of setup effort down. :grinning:

Flavour seems fine. I'll let the budding mafia theorists work out whether the setup is balanced or not.

• Okay, so @aliceif kinda broke my plans. I simply replaced 14 with 13 in Ben's script while keeping the seed.

Results:

Player ID Role ID Player Role
    112ChaosTheEternalMafia Vanilla
    211heterodoxMafia Tracker
    33xaadeTown Bodyguard
    41reverendryanTown Role Cop
    510cheaterSelf-aligned 1-shot Actionproof* Arsonist
    69TsaukpaetraTown Vanilla
    77japonicusTown Vanilla
    813DoctorJonesMafia Vanilla
    95yamikuronueTown 2-shot PGO
    104fbmacTown Jailer
    118abarkerTown Vanilla
    122CaptainTown Tracker
    136PlaceholderTown Vanilla

Will post them into the main post shortly.

• @RaceProUK said:

@Maciejasjmj Any particular reason why not Google Docs?

Well, I wanted to be able to paste from it easily without worrying about formatting screwups... but I guess the sheer unwieldiness of this blob of text outweighs that.

I'll move it to Docs in a while.

• Oh, right, I still need to roll neighbours and lovers!

@ben_lubar, can you do 2 out of 8 (skipping Mafia, Arsonist and Bodyguard)? I have no idea how your script works.

For the seed, let's say...

0_1458600245009_upload-5cfa0f73-0a78-434c-8703-34a8512e4661

• @Maciejasjmj you can take the first N elements, since it's uniformly random.

• @ben_lubar

Ok, so first three neighbors, then two lovers, skipping if necessary.

Roll number Player ID Player Role
    112CaptainNeighbour 1
    29yamikuronueNeighbour 2
    310fbmacNeighbour 3
    47japonicusLover 1
    58DoctorJonesSkipped - Mafia
    64reverendryanLover 2
    71ChaosTheEternal
    811abarker
    95cheater
    106Tsaukpaetra
    1113Placeholder
    122heterodox
    133xaade

Well shit, the role cop has a lover on him. Also, poor Yami, stuck with Captain and fbmac.

• @Maciejasjmj Wait... @fbmac is playing? He does know he can't delete anything, right? :)

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

@RaceProUK said:

@Maciejasjmj Wait... @fbmac is playing? He does know he can't delete anything, right? :)

Hopefully @Captain won't go full @fbxaade again

• @Maciejasjmj oh, I meant after you changed the seed and the count, but whatever.

• @ben_lubar I changed the seed, duh.

Didn't change the count, since I wanted the rolls to cover all 13 players, right? I think your script would just give me numbers 1-3 if I changed the count.

• @Maciejasjmj Oh, so you did change the seed. Nevermind, then.

You could have changed the count so that it didn't generate numbers for mafia players, but that would take some extra math, so.

• Bloody hell, just moving the content I had to GDocs is a pain in the ass.

Updated the top post and clocking out for today. Hopefully I'll get the rest of role PMs and at least first-day setup sorted out tomorrow.

@sloosecannon said:

Hopefully @Captain won't go full @fbxaade again

Since I'm not on this team this time, it might actually amuse me if he does it again.

• @asdf I'm not convinced he learned why we were so pissed at him last time, so it is a possibility. An evil part of me is hoping so, just so I can watch from an outside perspective...

• @nocha The neighbourhood thing actually turned out quite interesting, since there are basically three town power roles here, including a PGO - but neither of them knows the other two are townies.

If they play it right, Yami can clean the Mafia up. If they play it wrong, she'll end up shooting up her own neighbourhood.

• @Maciejasjmj said:

If they play it right, Yami can clean the Mafia up. If they play it wrong, she'll end up shooting up her own neighbourhood.

Given the company she has, she may want to anyway

I just thought of a possible concern... Can mods see the posts in the profile page?

• @sloosecannon no, but I'm not sure if they can see flagged posts in categories they can't see, since global mods don't have category-based permissions in core.

@ben_lubar Are you sure they can't?

I sent a message to Abarker and Yamikuronue and asked if they can see the prior post - this one too now.

EDIT: I haven't said anything that could leak information (other than the fact that two players are playing) so my account should be OK for a test run.

• @sloosecannon the plugin makes them not be a moderator in a forum they don't have an explicit read permission in. It's only complicated because it has to handle three different calling styles for the same function:

@ben_lubar said:

@sloosecannon the plugin makes them not be a moderator in a forum they don't have an explicit read permission in. It's only complicated because it has to handle three different calling styles for the same function:

I'm talking about the post stream at https://what.thedailywtf.com/user/sloosecannon - I don't know if that route is blocked or not

EDIT: although, maybe it wouldn't have any effect?

IDK - probably best to make sure first though

• @sloosecannon let me clarify:

Anything that normal users can access uses the correct system.

I'm just thinking (I haven't looked yet) that the flag list might not check for permissions because it already checks for whether you're a staff member.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.