Untranslated bits

• area_deu

alt text
    chat.mark_all_read is not proper English!

• @boomzilla they didn't include your translation yet on the profile settings page it seems

• @ben_lubar Yeah. I should have just left it in for all three Englishes. Oh, well.

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

@boomzilla We have too many Englishes. We should create a new English that everyone could use!

• @Onyx said:

We have too many Englishes.

You joke, but they have GB, US and Pirate.

• area_deu

@boomzilla said:

Pirate

Because that's totally more useful and experience enhancing than explaining what "subscribing" or "watching" a category is.

• @aliceif said:

Because that's totally more useful and experience enhancing than explaining what "subscribing" or "watching" a category is.

:rolleyes:

• @boomzilla said:

Pirate

I have mine set to that. It's amusing.

• @aliceif said:

Different people doing it.

• @aliceif said:

Okay, let me explain.

I added the category subscription plugin because some people liked to subscribe to categories in Discourse. Turns out that's literally the same thing that core NodeBB can do, so I got rid of it. Now there's just the watch/ignore thing.

The watch/ignore thing on a category decides whether you can see threads from there in /recent.

• area_deu

@ben_lubar said:

@aliceif said:

Okay, let me explain.

I added the category subscription plugin because some people liked to subscribe to categories in Discourse. Turns out that's literally the same thing that core NodeBB can do, so I got rid of it. Now there's just the watch/ignore thing.

The watch/ignore thing on a category decides whether you can see threads from there in /recent.

Then why didn't you write about it here? https://what.thedailywtf.com/topic/19261/subscribe-watch-ignore-unsubscribe

• @aliceif I was very busy in the last 24 hours.

• @ben_lubar said:

@aliceif I was very busy in the last 24 hours.

Liking old stuff! :trophy:

• mod

@boomzilla said:

@Onyx said:

We have too many Englishes.

You joke, but they have GB, US and Pirate.

Do they have something against Engrish and Ebonics? :trolleybus:

• @abarker said:

Do they have something against Engrish and Ebonics?

Perhaps they would accept a PR!

• @boomzilla you can request new languages here: https://www.transifex.com/nodebb/nodebb/

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.